What do you think the odds are that they will require.....

Shippy

On 12/15/2020 at 11:06 AM, Pcardad said:

Just to clarify....I doubt anyone is saying we are "too good" to wear a mask or we don't care about others. My group simply feels that when paying full price, they want the full experience. In the meantime, private charters are a viable option.

I so agree with you Pcardad. We wear our mask wherever it is required ( grocery, Home Depot, restaurants

etc.) .We understand the importance of protecting others and ourselves. However, until the time that we can enjoy taking  a cruise without a mask, we will choose a different type of vacation. 

• Like 1

Kwaj girl, thank you for posting the information, although the link didn't work for me I was able to search for the article.  For those who have not read the article, here is the conclusion:

“It is natural to think that wearing a mask, no matter new or old, should always be better than nothing,” the study’s co-author Jinxiang Xi said in a press release. “Our results show that this belief is only true for particles larger than 5 micrometres, but not for fine particles smaller than 2.5 micrometres.” ...

“We hope public health authorities strengthen the current preventative measures to curb COVID-19 transmission, like choosing a more effective mask, wearing it properly for the highest protection, and avoid using an excessively used or expired surgical mask,” said Xi.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RachelG said:

To bring this back around to the original question.  I received my vaccine today—the first of the 2 injections.  I have to have the 2nd in 3 weeks.  They gave me a wallet card and instructed me to not lose it.

020A541A-20C2-47BC-B661-A834EE880F1A.jpeg

Congrats.  Can't wait until we get ours here in Alabama.  I look at it as one step closer to getting on a cruise ship again.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, RachelG said:

To bring this back around to the original question.  I received my vaccine today—the first of the 2 injections.  I have to have the 2nd in 3 weeks.  They gave me a wallet card and instructed me to not lose it.

020A541A-20C2-47BC-B661-A834EE880F1A.jpeg

Which group are you in?  Medical personnel / first responder ??

1 minute ago, Pcardad said:

That's a bit personal isn't it? It could be any number of medical issues as well.

I wouldn't answer.

Not trying to be personal. She did put it out there after all.  Just trying to get an idea of which group was able to get the vaccine in her area. Eager for info on how the distribution is progressing. I have 4 high risk medical issues and do not mind talking about them. NOT MEANING TO OFFEND ANYONE!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmjc2 said:

Not trying to be personal. She did put it out there after all.  Just trying to get an idea of which group was able to get the vaccine in her area. Eager for info on how the distribution is progressing. I have 4 high risk medical issues and do not mind talking about them. NOT MEANING TO OFFEND ANYONE!

Call your doctor - they already have this information. I spoke to mine this week and was given an outline for shots by grouping/pre-existing conditions. This outline only applies to this particular medical provider but I was told that shots were beginning next week.

Just now, Pcardad said:

Call your doctor - they already have this information. I spoke to mine this week and was given an outline for shots by grouping/pre-existing conditions. This outline only applies to this particular medical provider but I was told that shots were beginning next week.

All I get from my doctor is " not any info on when and who gets it yet"

Walgreens corp office tells me that some stores already have the vaccine but there is no info as to priority and what is needed to prove medical high risk!  My state seems woofully unprepared..

9 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

All I get from my doctor is " not any info on when and who gets it yet"

Walgreens corp office tells me that some stores already have the vaccine but there is no info as to priority and what is needed to prove medical high risk!  My state seems woofully unprepared..

And asking someone in a different state, Rachel B is in Oklahoma while you are in Florida is worthless since each state sets their own priorities.

Just now, rallydave said:

And asking someone in a different state, Rachel B is in Oklahoma while you are in Florida is worthless since each state sets their own priorities.

Walgreens in in most states. This is a discussion thread so we are discussing! 

4 minutes ago, gmjc2 said:

Walgreens in in most states. This is a discussion thread so we are discussing! 

Neither Walgreens nor any other provider sets the priority; the priorities are recommended by CDC but, the actual priorities are set by the Governor of each state so as reported the priorities vary by STATE so just because Walgreens is in most states it does not set priorities so your answer will vary if Walgreens answered by where you live and what your Governor decided the priories are for your state

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Neither Walgreens nor any other provider sets the priority; the priorities are recommended by CDC but, the actual priorities are set by the Governor of each state so as reported the priorities vary by STATE so just because Walgreens is in most states it does not set priorities so your answer will vary if Walgreens answered by where you live and what your Governor decided the priories are for your state

Correct.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, rallydave said:

Of course Walgreens does not set the priority! My point is that most places seem disorganized and clueless so it is holding up vaccinations, at least here in Florida. I was just interested in what was happening out there. You seem to want to turn this into a confrontational exchange so I will bow out as I am not interested in an argument. Just a friendly exchange of info and thoughts on subjects.

3 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Those of us who have been on RSSC cruise critic for several years, know who Rachel is and exactly which group Rachel is in... she is in the first group. We are happy for her.  It is really none of your business. 
I live in Florida.. 83 years old with serious medical conditions. I shall wait, remaining self isolated, until it is my turn. I am in the group after medical folks and first responders..

Watch your local news.. they supply good information all day.

Just stop whining!

sheila

3 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

I am not sure why everyone is being so over the top regarding this question. Rachel has been very upfront about her profession and as this poster doesn't regularly read Regent but is interested in the topic he/she innocently asked the question. Rachel is a practicing medical doctor. 

• Like 5

Although I can't figure out the specifics, there is a thread on the Cunard board where people are discussing what seem to be Cunard health restrictions on pre-existing conditions and I wonder if other lines will be soon following suit.

49 minutes ago, 1982CruzStart said:

I am not sure why everyone is being so over the top regarding this question. Rachel has been very upfront about her profession and as this poster doesn't regularly read Regent but is interested in the topic he/she innocently asked the question. Rachel is a practicing medical doctor. 

Totally agree. As I am a recently retired hospital nurse I am thrilled to see and hear of my coworkers getting this vaccine the last 24 hours. Nurses and doctors are among the most trusted professionals and can influence the general population to take the vaccine. Way to go Rachel for posting this photo. The ability to get one of the first shots well deserved. One of many hero’s risking life at the moment. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fizzy said:

Although I can't figure out the specifics, there is a thread on the Cunard board where people are discussing what seem to be Cunard health restrictions on pre-existing conditions and I wonder if other lines will be soon following suit.

Discussed on cruisecritic news:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/5800/

Below from the Walgreens.com website.   I personally believe most states are following CDC prioritization guidelines, but there may be variances by state decision.  I know the hospital system I use is vaccinating their staff as we speak.   I have age & health risks, so pretty sure I'm reasonably 'up the line' but will hang tight til either my county, physician and/or Walgreens tells me to show up. 

I believe some employers, like Ford, and GM, are also working on mass vaccinations for their workers as requested.  I hope major food processing employers are doing the same.

General Motors, Ford won't mandate Covid-19 vaccinations for employees (cnbc.com)

Who is eligible for a COVID-19 vaccination?

Per CDC guidance, COVID-19 vaccinations are currently only available to:

• Healthcare workers
  • Residents of long-term care facilities
  • Select populations based on varied state guidelines*

If you fall into one of these groups, you'll hear from your local health official or employer directly.

We anticipate vaccines be available for the general population at our stores sometime in 2021. Check back frequently for updates.

In Arizona, those in the high risk category (chronic lung disease, obesity, etc) as well as those over 65 ate at the bottom of the list just ahead of “everybody else”.  At this point I don’t think we will be making our November cruise even if it is a go.  

57 minutes ago, tnr said:

In Arizona, those in the high risk category (chronic lung disease, obesity, etc) as well as those over 65 ate at the bottom of the list just ahead of “everybody else”.  At this point I don’t think we will be making our November cruise even if it is a go.  

I know it is frustrating, but I wouldn't give up hope on a November cruise just yet.  It seems there is a general expectation that the vaccine(s) will have widespread availability by the mid to late 2nd quarter 2021.  I am hoping by that time that those who WANT to get the vaccine will be able to do so.