Pretty sure my Infinity Transatlantic will be cancelled for April, 2021. Now what?

Cruzmama

Whether or not it is out if the fleet there is next to no chance their will be a TA on the Infinity in April.  The ship is still in the Med and since there will be no cruises in January or February it makes no sense to bring the ship to the US for the possibility that cruising will start in March.  
I would ‘t  final payment if it was me.  

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

We are on the Reflection TA in April. I don’t think any of the TAs will sail in April. If they do they will be guinea pig cruises. Not sure it would be a great experience. 

On the same cruise and expect it to be cancelled. This time I will take the refund and just wait for prices to come down to a realistic level.

11 minutes ago, Orator said:

On the same cruise and expect it to be cancelled. This time I will take the refund and just wait for prices to come down to a realistic level.

Us, too.  Just waiting for it to be cancelled.  We would be interested in a L&S if offered.  If not, we’ll just wait and see.  We will not make final payment, of course.  I can’t understand what’s taking Celebrity so long.  We all know this sailing will not be a go.

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The CDC order prohibits cruises longer than 7 days for trips entering or leaving US ports until November 2021.  I don't see how any TA's will happen before then.

Celebrity could follow Cunard's lead and go with 7-day sailings with no port stops along the way.

10 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Us, too.  Just waiting for it to be cancelled.  We would be interested in a L&S if offered.  If not, we’ll just wait and see.  We will not make final payment, of course.  I can’t understand what’s taking Celebrity so long.  We all know this sailing will not be a go.

This seems to have been Celebrity's business model since the onset of the pandemic: keep selling cruises that can't possibly sail and wait until after final payment to announce cancellation.

14 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Unfortunately I used a FCC from another cancelled cruise so I'm paid in full. I was doing this cruise as transportation to take me to a river cruise which starts in Basel two days after this ends. I expect that to be cancelled as well. But if not will spend a few days in Paris and fly to Basel the morning of the start of the river cruise. 

5 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

This seems to have been Celebrity's business model since the onset of the pandemic: keep selling cruises that can't possibly sail and wait until after final payment to announce cancellation.

I agree!  I think they’re counting on folks who are not as tuned into current cruising details as some and will take their final payments full well knowing that the cruise will be cancelled.  

2 minutes ago, Orator said:

Unfortunately I used a FCC from another cancelled cruise so I'm paid in full. I was doing this cruise as transportation to take me to a river cruise which starts in Basel two days after this ends. I expect that to be cancelled as well. But if not will spend a few days in Paris and fly to Basel the morning of the start of the river cruise. 

Well, your alternate plan sounds quite amazing.  Will you book another cruise with your FCC refund once again?  Very frustrating times, for sure.

12 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Well, your alternate plan sounds quite amazing.  Will you book another cruise with your FCC refund once again?  Very frustrating times, for sure.

Unless they have a L&S I will chose a refund this time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not see how they can do lift and shift for 2022 T/A's . The new rates will be so much higher since they are going all inclusive. I made very little for Infinity 4/21 T/A. I just wish they would announce the cancellation so I can get back all my deposit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluecruisin said:

I do not see how they can do lift and shift for 2022 T/A's . The new rates will be so much higher since they are going all inclusive. I made very little for Infinity 4/21 T/A. I just wish they would announce the cancellation so I can get back all my deposit.

You can always L&S to another line if you don't like the terms or deal.

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

We have been lucky, 6 of our cancelled cruises were cancelled by Celebrity  well before final payment.  We cancelled 3 others before final payment.  The only 1 that was after final payment was a spring 2020 where final payment had been due in January.

6 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

You really believe you can lift and to another line? That’s a new one. 

Not "lift" as used by Celebrity, but I can most certainly lift myself off the couch and shift to another line. If enough people do that Celebrity may react to reduce prices and restore loyalty benefits. My money, my choice.

Edited by Orator
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Orator said:

Not "lift" as used by Celebrity, but I can most certainly lift myself off the couch and shift to another line. If enough people do that Celebrity may react to reduce prices and restore loyalty benefits. My money, my choice.

I agree.  We just booked 14 night brand new HAL Rotterdam VII for fall 2021 with all perks embarking in Amsterdam. Great balcony cabin and location.  We’re paying $2000.00 ca less than our 2021 Silhouette cruise which Celebrity recently cancelled.  We love Celebrity, but sometimes you just need to look elsewhere.

• Like 1

I'm on the May 1 TA on Apex.  We are a little over 4 1/2 months away from that date.  The CDC is updating its requirements almost monthly.  The vaccinations are due to start later this month.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will relax the TAs this spring.  What a nightmare for all the cruise lines summer Europe schedule if they cannot get their ships back across the ocean.  I've paid for this cruise with FCC so will wait to see what happens.  As I am a solo cruiser this will probably be my last Celebrity sailing as I will not pay for the 2nd passenger booking I am charged and cannot use with the new pricing structure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gone2c said:

I'm on the May 1 TA on Apex.  We are a little over 4 1/2 months away from that date.  The CDC is updating its requirements almost monthly.  The vaccinations are due to start later this month.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will relax the TAs this spring.  What a nightmare for all the cruise lines summer Europe schedule if they cannot get their ships back across the ocean.  I've paid for this cruise with FCC so will wait to see what happens.  As I am a solo cruiser this will probably be my last Celebrity sailing as I will not pay for the 2nd passenger booking I am charged and cannot use with the new pricing structure.

Unfortunately, I’ve found that whenever the CDC does an update, it’s to extend the restrictions and not otherwise.  We have a Celebrity TA booked for April 2021 and I know it won’t sail, but I think Celebrity is still hoping for final payments before canceling.  We will not make final payment in January and will cancel ourselves if Celebrity doesn’t get there first.  So frustrating.

22 hours ago, Orator said:

Nobody is arguing about what you do with your money. The original post steered people to the lift and shift as offered by the cruise lines and that's what I was questioning.

We have stopped sailing on Celebrity because we don't see the value for the money and unless that changes they won't see any of our money. Like you, My money, my choice.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 6:01 PM, bluecruisin said:

You L&S your current prices and promotions. Unfortunately the 2022 TAs aren’t out yet, so you can’t do one at the moment even if you wanted to. 😢

i was meant to be on Silhouette from Rio to Lisbon. That was cancelled with the latest announcement. I’ve been given until 16 Dec to decide what I want to do.