How to Request On Board Credit (OBC) on Oceania when owning 100+ NCL Stock/Shares

Smokeyham

Hello,
In case you are wondering where to find the form to request On Board Credit (OBC) when you own 100 or more NCL Shares, here is the link.

I have also attached the form, which is current as of December, 2020.

In case the link does not work, then go to the Oceania website, and scroll to the bottom.  Under "Company Info" click on the link for investors.  This will take you to the NCL Holdings website. Scroll to the bottom of that for information about investor benefits, including the most current version of the form.  

NCL Oceania Shareholder Benefit OBC Request form 2020-12.pdf

2 hours ago, GeorgesGal said:

Hmm, I applied for my credit about a month ago and haven't heard a word back.  Perhaps I applied too early?  My cruise isn't until 6-25-2021.

My experience has been that you should have a credit on your account if you after you apply.  You might try giving them a call.

13 hours ago, clo said:

@hawaiidan can you help here?

yes..............Get a statment from your borkerage showing the 100 shares on deposit in your account...( black out the ID#)

Then down load the form s above and fill out   NAme, address, Cruise booking# Date. etc

Now mail or Fax it to Miami O office  as directed on the form.

Cross check with your Travel Agent to make sure that O has received and credits you for THAT cruise.    

You will have to do this I think for each cruise thereafter.

Some of us only hold the stock long enough to get the OBC and sell     

If you make enough profit on the growth... keep it for your  self  administered OBC and do not risk market fluctuations.       Like in Vegas.... Start with X dollars to get into the game. Once your exceed X in winnings... take that amount  and play with the house's money not yours.

Good luck 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Smokeyham said:

My experience has been that you should have a credit on your account if you after you apply.  You might try giving them a call.

Thanks.  I just sent an email to a gal in Concierge Services who helped me figure out my FCC's.  I'm sure she will respond on Monday.

I have one Oceania and three NCL. Very similar emails, etc. for benefits. NCL gave immediately and Oceania said too soon and email closer to voyage. I guess they are concerned about selling stock prior to sail date. My trip is in July and I sent in a few months ago

2 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

I own 185 shares--sailing in Dec 21.  How much OBC should I expect?  Really appreciate this info.

How long is your cruise ?

NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS LTD. IS THRILLED TO OFFER
OUR SHAREHOLDERS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS:

$250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 15 Days or More.
$100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 7 to 14 Days.
$50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 Days or Less.
This

Shareholder Benefit Offer.pdf

Shareholder Benefit Offer.pdf

Sorry it will not let me delete the duplicate file

2 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

I own 185 shares--sailing in Dec 21.  How much OBC should I expect?  Really appreciate this info.

You do not get any more than  the standard $100 or $250 from 100 shares   101 or 1000 shares gets no more.   

Plus say you have 100 shares and... Ha!  .... Cunning, you gets 100 shares for your wife  too, thinking you can thus get 200 ot $500   Double up !!!   

Wrong.....you can only claim 1 stock holders benefit  per cabin

I do mot know at what level $ you bought in..... but I would  sell  85 shares if you turned a profit this year as the potential large increases in next years income tax     Talk to you CPA as I do not know your individual situation....      

Thanks for the info---my cruise is 10 days--looks like $100 OBC.  I'll take that.  I will not sell that stock.  As soon as the Vaccine kicks in the stock will go much higher.  Have been buying  it since Sep.  Up 55% so far.  I do not care about income tax (except for my RMD's).  The stock is in an IRA (one of the greatest investment accounts invented by our government (only Roth is better).  The stock keeps going higher AND NO SHIP IS SAILING.  What does that tell you?  Give it 6-12 months and it will be much higher.  Recommend BUY.

• Like 2

OK--let's see how good of a stock picker I am.  My average buy price is $17.04 (since Sep).  Today the closing price is $26.50.  The highest price over the last 52 weeks is $59.78 (that was a year ago when Covid was barely around and EVERY Norwegian ship was sailing!!!).  Cramer likes NCL as a good cruise line stock.

24 minutes ago, zteamtwo said:

Thanks for the info---my cruise is 10 days--looks like $100 OBC.  I'll take that.  .......

You are most welcome.  It looks like a good buy to me as well.  I am happy to see that people are viewing cruising in a more positive light.   I suspect there is a lot of pent up demand, so once cruising can safely restart then there might be a real resurgence in the market.

Smokeyham--you and I are on the same page regarding investments.  Check out this video.  Sorry about the short ad in the beginning, but, scroll to  2 minutes 28 seconds to see what a good investment Norwegian is.  Perhaps people will make enough to buy a "free drink package"!!  We will see.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/12/07/cramer-pandemic-caused-a-changing-of-the-guard-on-wall-street.html?&qsearchterm=cramer 

1 hour ago, zteamtwo said:

Smokeyham--you and I are on the same page regarding investments.  Check out this video.  Sorry about the short ad in the beginning, but, scroll to  2 minutes 28 seconds to see what a good investment Norwegian is.  Perhaps people will make enough to buy a "free drink package"!!  We will see.

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2020/12/07/cramer-pandemic-caused-a-changing-of-the-guard-on-wall-street.html?&qsearchterm=cramer 

Interesting video!  Thanks for sharing that.

21 hours ago, zteamtwo said:

OK--let's see how good of a stock picker I am.  My average buy price is $17.04 (since Sep).  Today the closing price is $26.50.  The highest price over the last 52 weeks is $59.78 (that was a year ago when Covid was barely around and EVERY Norwegian ship was sailing!!!).  Cramer likes NCL as a good cruise line stock.

The  stock since March18 is up 299%....... if you cut paper at 17.... 60 days ago... you only made 65%... 1.5% growth per day....... Gee what a risk(.Up 5.7% today.).... Cd's are at about 1.5% for 5yr......

Very lkely to see,  even at 17 buy in, that in 12 months you will be seeing a 300 to 350% gain........ Not counting OBC's!!!!       

You might have to consult a priest for forgiveness .....  Merry Christmas

images (8).jpg

I just got turned down for the shareholder benefit.  I've owned the stock for many years.  But the rejection letter is confusing. Some of it feels like a translation from a foreign language. They want me to own the stock at the time of sailing.  It seems that we applied for the benefit too early for a cruise that is a year away.  The letter seems to give no clear indication of when to apply.  A month before sailing? Two months? But not later than 15 days before you sail?  Here's the letter:

Hello,  
Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Desk at Oceania Cruises 
Based on the updated policy wherein the NCLH Shareholder Benefit is now combinable with Oceania Cruises promotional amenity for reservations created on or after January 7, 2017.

The corresponding shipboard credits cannot be applied to the upcoming  MNA211201_sailing as the Shareholder must own the NCLH stocks at time of sailing, please send the latest proof of shares statement no later than 15 days prior to departure in 2021 Sailing.

They want to make sure you still own the stock  close to sailing

You could  sell  next week & sail a year from now 

I think most people send  in the request  a month  before sailing   maybe try again after final payment  is made

JMO

9 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

That is confusing!  As you say, they tell you what the deadline is to submit the request, but not what the earliest date is when you can submit the request.

Seems crystal clear to me......... send in the claim just prior to sailing but before 15 days....  

12 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Seems crystal clear to me......... send in the claim just prior to sailing but before 15 days....  

I just sent in my request for a sailing in July.  We'll see what they do with that request.  If your brokerage statement is more than a few months old, how would that document you still had the stock as of sailing date?

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just sent in my request for a sailing in July.  We'll see what they do with that request.  If your brokerage statement is more than a few months old, how would that document you still had the stock as of sailing date?

You turn in  the June statement for a July sailing as it is the last statement   prior to sailing date AND do a print of your account daily  that you can see every day.      FAX or to O  do not Mail  or better yet sent id via your Travel agent....    What Oceania is saying is , in the 15 day prior to sailing...is it will take them 15 days to process your request....  Does that sound rational?       They are hip to day traders and account churners...       Go with the flow.   If worse  comes to worse....  bring a copy of your statment to the ship.....THEN go to the internet and print a copy of your daily account off  and show it to them in real time !!!

Its worth , to me $250 for  maybe 15 min of time.....