What Cruise Line Do You Want to Try Next and Why?

SelectSys

For me it's MSC.  Pre COVID, I was looking at some of their itineraries as being quite interesting and the price points looked good on paper. I also wouldn't mind trying a river cruise as well but don't know too much about the various lines.

What line(s) do you want to try next or are you content with your current favorites? 

Will the ongoing effects of COVID influence your decision?  For example, I only want to go on a big ship as it may be  easier to social distance or they probably have more health resources on board.

Even if you have tried them all, what lines will you look to for your own personal, "return to cruising."

Edited by SelectSys

27 minutes ago, SelectSys said:

For me it's MSC.  Pre COVID, I was looking at some of their itineraries as being quite interesting and the price points looked good on paper. I also wouldn't mind trying a river cruise as well but don't know too much about the various lines.

What line(s) do you want to try next or are you content with your current favorites? 

Will the ongoing effects of COVID influence your decision?  For example, I only want to go on a big ship as it may be  easier to social distance or they probably have more health resources on board.

Even if you have tried them all, what lines will you look to for your own personal, "return to cruising."

For me it would be Princess.I have 2 friends who have been cruising many years and only on Princess.I never booked a cruise with them.

Seabourn Cruise Line is what I would most like to try.  I have read so much about the experiences others have enjoyed on Seabourn.  It would be a "step-up", I think, in my cruise experience.  My "step-up" as a Yacht Club guest on MSC Meraviglia in January whetted my appetite for that experience on a future cruise.  

We've sailed Carnival, NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, Disney, Princess and MSC.  We have 2 Celebrity and 1 Carnival booked for 2021, we shall see what happens with those.

Viking Cruise Line, ocean and/or river, may very well be the next line we'll (hopefully)  experience.

50 minutes ago, evandbob said:

We've sailed Carnival, NCL, RCCL, Celebrity, Disney, Princess and MSC.  We have 2 Celebrity and 1 Carnival booked for 2021, we shall see what happens with those.

Viking Cruise Line, ocean and/or river, may very well be the next line we'll (hopefully)  experience.

Are those all large ships? Our recent three cruises have been on ships of 100, 400 and 1000 pax. I loved the smaller size.

Hurtigruten -- had an expedition cruise to Greenland and Iceland booked with them for May 2021 but it was canceled. About four years ago I had also booked with them for their traditional coastal cruise but I canceled that one as something else came along that was more of a "once in a lifetime" trip.

I'm also looking at Fred Olsen as they have smaller ships and some interesting itineraries.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Viking     the whole idea sounds good......  but they need to do an out and back itinerary

Don

1 hour ago, evandbob said:

I’m with you two. Viking is my pick as well. 🙂

13 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I’ll try pretty much anyone, my health may mean my cruising days are over, but if I can get back to sea 

Viking

Azamara

Seaborn

are high on my list of to try.

Those are on my “to do list” as well —- but I do want to try one under sail - I could do with the lessened amenities - in exchange for the sense of using wind rather than hydrocarbon energy.

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Those are on my “to do list” as well —- but I do want to try one under sail - I could do with the lessened amenities - in exchange for the sense of using wind rather than hydrocarbon energy.

Used to sail a lot when I was younger and some of these Sailing Ships sure do look attractive. But I’m not sure how my back would hold up, same for some of the expedition ships that look great.

4 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Hurtigruten -- had an expedition cruise to Greenland and Iceland booked with them for May 2021 but it was canceled. About four years ago I had also booked with them for their traditional coastal cruise but I canceled that one as something else came along that was more of a "once in a lifetime" trip.

I'm also looking at Fred Olsen as they have smaller ships and some interesting itineraries.

We've taken two Hurtigruten trips. One on their Midnatsol to Antarctica and the other their Norwegian coastal cruise on MS Lofoten (now retired). Loved them both. But I'll tell you the truth I was pretty disappointed about how they handled outbreak of COVID. Lack of forthcoming info. But we liked them SO much I'll look into them again. If you go to Hurtigruten on CC you can see my and others comments....and GLORIOUS pix . I wish we could do it with you.

1 minute ago, GUT2407 said:

Another I wouldn’t mind trying but prices tend a tad high for me.

Yes, the price is "a tad high." LOL. But it's SO all inclusive. Air, two nights hotel pre, transpo, all inclusive shore excursions, gratuities, full liquor, you name it. Still not 'cheap'.

16 minutes ago, clo said:

Yes, the price is "a tad high." LOL. But it's SO all inclusive. Air, two nights hotel pre, transpo, all inclusive shore excursions, gratuities, full liquor, you name it. Still not 'cheap'.

But to me most of the all inclusive extras are of no use, Mrs G isn’t allowed fly, so we are limited to local cruises, we don’t drink. Haven’t done a group excursion in years, much prefer doing our own thing, though would probably do some on an all inclusive, and one reason we cruise is to get away from email access. So a lot of the extras are lost on us.

Just now, GUT2407 said:

But to me most of the all inclusive extras are of no use, Mrs G isn’t allowed fly, so we are limited to local cruises, we don’t drink. Haven’t done a group excursion in years, much prefer doing our own thing, though would probably do some on an all inclusive, and one reason we cruise is to get away from email access. So a lot of the extras are lost on us.

Having said that friends sailed Silverseas a lot and loved it so if we find the right cruise we would give it a go.

For me it's more about where we can embark.

We are very happy with MSC but if travelling change too much, for example I will not fly longhaul if I have to wear a mask, we might check which line we can cruise on without flying. If Silversea or Seabourn have any cruises from Stockholm or maybe Copenhagen on the Baltic sea that can be an option. We are prepared to pay more for the cruise if we don't need airline tickets.