Problem with EZAIR?

PoohUnderstands

I was just coming on here to ask everyone the same thing, and I saw your thread.

I am also not able to check.  I check every day, so it is hard to see that 

"technical difficulties" screen.  I restarted computer just in case, but no...still there.

Same here.  I haven't been able to model flights on a saved cruise or modify flights previously reserved for a booked cruise since Friday.  I figured they would get to it on Monday but it's still a mess.  Guess I will have to give them a call too.  Maybe if they hear from enough of us they will make an attempt to figure it out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

We talked to a representative of Princess & was able to get EZ Air prices 

That's good to hear.  The problem for some of us is we like to check our EZ Air prices periodically to see if we can get a better fare/schedule.  I'm not going to call a rep for that.  I should be able to quickly look myself in the personalizer per usual. 

• Like 1

Ezair has been down since the mysterious, unannounced, “planned” outage of the entire system on Friday evening lasting into early Sunday.  Most consumer facing functions are back up, except Ezair. I think they may have been doing server maintenance and had something go not to plan ..... give it a few days and I’m sure it will be resolved. 

Princess was working on their website all weekend; this was to  load all the reservations that were changed due to ship swaps.  Because they needed to move cabins from one ship to the new ship; where some cabins were no longer available they needed 72 hours to load the system with new reservations.  Thus this interrupted the EZ Air portion of the website.  You could call the toll free # but most people could not make their reservations online;  including me.  

AF-1,      I book everything myself and then transfer it to my TA.    I know what I want, what cabin I want, etc. and I want to keep an eye on things - rebook if flights are lower, etc.  It seems like those things come up on weekends and I do not want to bother my TA on weekends.   She says I can but.   I am not happy that now Princess makes you transfer the bookings to TA's within 6 months.   I usually book 1 1/2 years out or when the cruise first becomes available.  

I did get several emails from a Princess travel planner last week but I love my TA and want to stay with her.   She is so busy canceling cruises and trying to find replacements.  I feel bad that she has lost so much business.   She deals with many people that want her to do everything.   

I would book cruises when they were first released - 1 1/2 year ahead of cruise.  Then I would transfer them to my TA just before final payment.  That way I had full control.  And I still received her perks.  Most of the time, Princess will not discuss your cruise with you if you are booked thru a TA.   I check flights daily for lower fares - only has happened once or twice.   If I can't get the cabin I really want, Again, I check daily to see if it opens up, rather than call my TA and tell her to change it.    Last spring they changed it so you have to transfer it within 6 months.  Not that big of a deal if you book closer to the departure date.

16 minutes ago, compozer said:

Last spring they changed it so you have to transfer it within 6 months.  Not that big of a deal if you book closer to the departure date.

60 days, not 6 months ?

. Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Payment period, and (b) the booking 

Thanks for correcting me.    I knew 6 months did not seem right.   Too much on my mind trying to get the house ready for Christmas.    We usually are on a cruise November-December and get home the day before so I have not decorated for many years.