April 29 18 day Tahiti cruise canceled. Any others for Tahiti?

Petoonya

Don't know how many Tahiti cruises today's cancellations have affected ,but at least until April, early May. Windstar says they won't be able to offer me options for a week. (?). I held space on May 2022 but they can't promise they will price protect me. I was able to get in one the great pricing deals for Tahiti that they offered earlier this year.  Again they told me they would tell me the bottom line "in a week".

Burns me as as I know at least two parties who were on Jan-Mar 2021 Tahiti sailings who were able to get bookings for 2022 at their previous pricing/offer. I'm sure WS is overwhelmed at the moment probably best to give them the benefit of the doubt. They must want to see where they stand after the worst of today's cancellations blows over them. Anyone else out there?

27 minutes ago, Zukini said:

Uh oh.  I haven't heard about his yet, and we were going to be on the 2nd leg of that cruise. Where did you hear it was cancelled?

Sorry Zukini,

Was hoping to reach out to you.

Got an email from WS. Maybe your portion is not cancelled? They're open till 6pm PST if you can call.....

This will be the second time for you!!!!

Edited by Petoonya

Was beginning to feel the same way as you. I'm sorry.

Felt sorry for me but sorrier for restaurant workers and all those similarly affected. It's just awful in the world but the USA is the worst offender- with apologies especially to Canadian, EU and Aussie friends. Was reflecting with dh on back when we were evaluating things back in February and it seemed like this would be just a few month's slow down- and now and were we STUPID!

Hope to see you around these boards again.

13 hours ago, Petoonya said:

Was beginning to feel the same way as you. I'm sorry.

Felt sorry for me but sorrier for restaurant workers and all those similarly affected. It's just awful in the world but the USA is the worst offender- with apologies especially to Canadian, EU and Aussie friends. Was reflecting with dh on back when we were evaluating things back in February and it seemed like this would be just a few month's slow down- and now and were we STUPID!

Hope to see you around these boards again.

My TA says our cruise isn't affected, but not sure if her info is up to date, and the email posted above is pretty vague. When you were informed, did they say the May 6th portion of your cruise was cancelled, or were they not specific?

Sorry to hear your own plans have gone awry again.

Edited by Zukini

2 hours ago, Zukini said:

My TA says our cruise isn't affected, but not sure if her info is up to date, and the email posted above is pretty vague. When you were informed, did they say the May 6th portion of your cruise was cancelled, or were they not specific?

Sorry to hear your own plans have gone awry again.

No- I'm guessing your cruise stays safe for now. They said cancellations extend March, April and "into" May. So you are most likely just at the cusp. Maybe call and find out for sure?

Nancy

Oh no! 😔 I am so sorry to hear this Nancy and you those that rebooked for this time frame. 

nancy, did you keep the Novemeber Breeze reservation? 

I haven’t yet bought airline tickets for our Aug 2021 Tahiti. I’m 50/50 if that will even sail. 

I did keep the Breeze reservation fortunately 🙂 Your sailing is sold out and WS couldn't promise me the same offer we got originally, and wanted $200 to be waitlisted for that! I'm waiting to see if they will honor the same offer for a 2022 18 day as the April 2021, but I have my doubts they will, despite many others in the last slew of cancellations who received their original price.

My husband just wants to GO, so it'll probably be Breeze. Hearing today that the healthy elderly (we're late 60's) will be the last to get the vaccine isn't encouraging. You and dh are still a young chick and dude, so if August 1 is a go sounds like you're going to have a blast!!!!

• Like 1

I was surprised to see it was sold out and to be honest, it’s possible it really is or they’ve capped capacity with the possibility it will be cancelled. Fingers crossed for the positive! 

That would  have been so cool to be on the same sailing!

@minidonuts85

In this COVID world you never know what's around the corner. Our overall preference would be to be on the Aug 1 sailing with you.

Early this week before our cruise was cancelled I tried to switch to your sailing. As usual for at least the tenth time our TA was unavailable and wouldn't be so for at least a week. It was my breaking point and I jettisoned her. Now I can do my negotiating directly with WS, There was a cabin or two available that we could have had on Aug 1 on Monday- that changed by Weds when I was free of her. 😞

So it still could happen that we'll be on your cruise. Sure make us happy. This time I won't do any prearranging of tours till the month before! I have to make that call to UA in just a bit to cancel. Nice to know there won't be a fee.

• Like 1

I was on the 7 day 3/25 cruise which was supposed to be the first Tahiti cruise after the last round of cancellations. Several weeks ago I was able to change to 8/26/21 as a “lift and shift”. I’m very glad I did this, but who knows if we’ll actually sail and if it will be a more normal post-vaccine cruise. I wish I was more patient by nature-the suspense is killing me!

On 12/12/2020 at 1:15 PM, minidonuts85 said:

I was surprised to see it was sold out and to be honest, it’s possible it really is or they’ve capped capacity with the possibility it will be cancelled. Fingers crossed for the positive! 

That would  have been so cool to be on the same sailing!

Never know Deb. WS has been very nice to me with all of this and I've got my bags packed if a cabin opens up for Aug 1 🙂

• Like 1

That would be great if it worked out! 
We planned to debark in Moorea and stay a few days before heading home. With Covid and such, I wonder if they’ll allow that. Guess will wait and see...

I had plans to start to reach out to your providers but never really got started with it once Covid hit. Will probably hold off on that until we know more about the trip. 

Edited by minidonuts85

@minidonuts85

It is going to be interesting to see if they allow you to debark in Moorea although I'm envious of your plan! I dread calling/emailing all my tour providers! I haven't even cancelled the UA flights yet. I was overeager and now paying the price. Still wish I'd chosen your cruise when I had the chance to.