How Long is it taking to get a Refund from Cash Deposits

mcrcruiser

Seems to us that the time lag  has extended greatly between paying a deposit ,then cancelling the cruise & waiting for a refund on  our credit cards .

what has been your experience 

Edited by mcrcruiser

It depends on the reason for the refund -

Customer initiated cancellations prior to the penalty start period are still an automated process and are typically charging back to client credit cards within a week of the customer cancelling.

Vendor initiated cancellation refunds seem to still be taking 45-60 days on average.  These refunds are not even started until AFTER the close date for refund requests has passed.  They are then supposedly worked in sail date order alongside issuance of FCC for customers who opted not to get a refund.  Each booking is manually reviewed by a member of the accounting team, hence the delay.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Clarabella_Baby said:

Does anyone know if, while we are waiting to get our FCC booked to our account, can we go ahead and book another cruise, and then have the credits added to the new cruise after they are done verifying the accounting for them?

Yes you can. I booked my cruise before I received my FCC and then it was transferred to the cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had a HAL cancelled booking and I got my FCD back two days ago and my friends received their cash payments back the same day.  I had a large amount paid with HAL gift cards.  Any idea how much longer they take to be reissued?

TIA!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 9:00 AM, akeka said:

I had a HAL cancelled booking and I got my FCD back two days ago and my friends received their cash payments back the same day.  I had a large amount paid with HAL gift cards.  Any idea how much longer they take to be reissued?

TIA!

I also applied large amounts to a now cancelled cruise using gift cards. On CCL thread some people are getting reloaded gift cards sent to them by FEDX not cash back to CC. It has been taking over 3 months from cancellation.  My Q is what about the digital cards that were used? Also what about the bonus that was applied? I do not see any clarification on these out of pocket $'s anywhere in the T's & C's. Anyone?

If I go to my account on the HAL website, I can see the April '21 cruise that HAL cancelled a couple of weeks ago still listed as existing.  I did find that in previous cancellations that when the cruise disappeared from my account, the refunds, FCCs, and FCDs started showing up.

On 1/14/2021 at 11:43 AM, semibeater said:

I also applied large amounts to a now cancelled cruise using gift cards. On CCL thread some people are getting reloaded gift cards sent to them by FEDX not cash back to CC. It has been taking over 3 months from cancellation.  My Q is what about the digital cards that were used? Also what about the bonus that was applied? I do not see any clarification on these out of pocket $'s anywhere in the T's & C's. Anyone?

I called HAL and found out they returned my gift card payments to the same digital card about 30 days after cancellation without any notice to me.  The expiration date is now end of 2021.  They still haven't refunded a $750 credit card payment and the rep said the refund would be processed in 7-10 days; that was 8 days ago.

1 hour ago, semibeater said:

How did they handle Promotional (bonus) gift cards if you used them?

I used the promo/bonus digital gift card to purchase an excursion on a now canceled cruise and was told by HAL the $ would be put back on the gift card. I'm assuming the same will be true if card was used towards the purchase of a cruise. So be sure to hang on to the gift card number and pin code for future use.

Edited by Lido - Lanai

Our 6/21 cruise was cancelled on January 6. We had full refund back to our credit card on January 8. Amazing. Very grateful since the amount was large.

We had made full payment in March 2020 for our cruise and our son’s. We let it ride to 2021 because we had no idea what would happen with the virus.

This time we requested a refund, then booked a new cruise with deposits only. Makes me much more comfortable in case things go south. 
Cheers and fingers crossed that the third time is a charm. 
Denise

• Like 1