Covid-19 Vaccinations To Be Required?

Daniel A

I am sure most lines  at least the premium & luxury one will require proof of vaccines

It is  a good idea  IMO

There will some people that will claim it is against their rights  to have to get the vaccine  that may put  up some roadblocks

JMO

• Like 1

It doesn't appear they are making it mandatory for crew, until it becomes widely available. There are safeguards, BUT. 

It also brings up the question of what proof will be accepted. Will the CDC card I got when vaccinated with some scribbling on it work, or is there going to be an official database somewhere?  Many things to be worked out. 

• Like 3

On 2/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, Daniel A said:

CC article states 81 % out of 3000 survey respondents said they want vaccines to be a requirement to cruise.  85% said they want the crew to be vaccinated as well.  FDR and NCLH Board, are you listening to us??

Cruise Critic Readers Speak Out: Vaccine Requirements Preferred; Cruises Safer Than Other Travel

Some cruise lines have quietly been sending out their own surveys asking this question as well ....  I know I've gotten them from at least 2 different lines.

From what I've seen so far, the large majority ARE in favor of vaccination being required. The devil will be in the details.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2020 at 1:33 PM, billf0401 said:

We hate wearing a Mask....we only wear them briefly when we go shopping...never more than 20 minutes...Wearing a Mask would ruin a vacation for us....not happening.  Masks are all about control.

Control?  Control by whom?  So I'm guessing you don't wear a seat belt, either.  How do you feel about other safety measures?  Is that also all about the government trying to control you?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Queen of DaNile said:

I am not so concerned about requiring vaccinations. I think it is a good idea. The big concern will be requirement for negative Covid test within 3 days of embarkation. Fine, I guess for folks who are flying directly to their cruise and can get a test in their home country, but what about folks who want to do land tours or other activities away from home prior to the cruise? Can one feel comfortable traveling around Europe (for example) for a week before their cruise and then be assured that they will be able to procure a test in a foreign country in order to board their cruise ship? Penalty for a SNAFU in being able to get a test no sooner than 3 days in advance is that you are denied boarding and the fare paid is lost. 

Edited by edgee
clarity
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, st5310 said:

Control?  Control by whom?  So I'm guessing you don't wear a seat belt, either.  How do you feel about other safety measures?  Is that also all about the government trying to control you?

You have to be a member of the secret cabal to understand what control they are exercising over us. I could tell you about it but we're not allowed to post it on public internet boards. You have to take a deep dive to find the details. Just know that there is a concerted plan to control every little aspect of our lives, forcing us to wear masks is only part of it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

Where did that appear in the article?

Elsewhere on the Crystal website it says that a negative Covid test is required. But on another part of their website it says that the test will be administered at the pier...thus implying that the passenger will not have to worry about advance logistics...obviously "only" about getting a negative test.

1 hour ago, edgee said:

I am not so concerned about requiring vaccinations. I think it is a good idea. The big concern will be requirement for negative Covid test within 3 days of embarkation. Fine, I guess for folks who are flying directly to their cruise and can get a test in their home country, but what about folks who want to do land tours or other activities away from home prior to the cruise? Can one feel comfortable traveling around Europe (for example) for a week before their cruise and then be assured that they will be able to procure a test in a foreign country in order to board their cruise ship? Penalty for a SNAFU in being able to get a test no sooner than 3 days in advance is that you are denied boarding and the fare paid is lost. 

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

Where did that appear in the article?

1 hour ago, edgee said:

Elsewhere on the Crystal website it says that a negative Covid test is required. But on another part of their website it says that the test will be administered at the pier...thus implying that the passenger will not have to worry about advance logistics...obviously "only" about getting a negative test.

For cruises operating within US waters at any point in their itinerary the CDC's conditional sailing framework requires all passengers and crew be tested both on embarkation day and disembarkation, with results required to be known before embarkation and disembarkation. 

While other countries will have their own rules, if my memory serves me correctly the few cruises currently operating at present are using similar procedures, at least in regards to testing at the pier prior to embarkation.

On CNN this morning Dr. Fauci stated common sense says if you're vaccinated you will not need to follow as stringent public health measures as unvaccinated people.  He gave an example if you're vaccinated and your daughter who is also vaccinated came to visit, "in fact" you wouldn't need to be as stringent in your public health measures.  It will be interesting to see if CDC applies that concept to cruise ships where everyone onboard has been fully vaccinated.  He expects further guidance to come from the CDC very soon.

You can see his remarks from this morning at the following link.  His statements appear starting at 1:05 in the video imbedded in the article.

(2) Coronavirus update: Latest Covid-19 vaccine and world news (cnn.com)