Jump to content

Chances of cruises from Miami in March?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Encore37 said:

What do everyone think the chances of March cruises from Miami?  It looks like Carnival has started bring ships and crew back to the USA.  I’m hoping they can give a better answer shortly.

Very slim to nine. Both ncl and rcl are talking vaccine to restart cruising. Ccl has to do the dumping inspections the filing to reenter usa water, mock cruises, 60 day filing for inspections of its labs and other covid stuff. ..we would see ships moving by now if they were starting in march. Only 2 ships mentioned by carnival in the restarimg. 18 or 16 coming but so far only 2 named. 

 

Been disappointed in their lack of pushing to restart. My guess 0 % chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess is 9/21 at the earliest.  It would be surprising if any cruise line sails before everyone is vaccinated.  I think the only reason that they don’t say this is that they think cruisers “can’t handle the truth!”  I think they are right!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with the majority about the vaccine . No vaccine, No cruise. Having enough doses won't happen until late spring/early summer. 

 

At least thats the last prediction. Seems like everything dose availability changes weekly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Until Covid 19 is bought under control in Florida (wide open state with no restrictions and unmitigated community spread), I can't see any cruise line risking putting a ship at a Florida port.

 

All the out of state visitors and local Covid scoffers at Thanksgiving are giving us a surge right now and we have the same scenario for Christmas and New Years. Then there is the super spreader event schedule in Tampa  on February 7.

 

The vaccines will help, but I am afraid there will be even a greater drop in other required practices to help stop the spread.

 

If you want to gamble, maybe July for a cruise.  Of course, then it is hurricane season.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're ready.  Miami is ready.  Florida is ready.  Have been since June.  No reason delay cruising any longer.

 

I'm still of the opoinion that the lawyers will nix the idea of a vaccination requirement.  Just 1 adverse outcome will eliminate the miniscule benefit.

 

MSC will probably go first as they have the most experiance running the safety show.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One other bit of info is the head of the cdc will be replaced by biden. He hasn't announced who yet, but my guess is it wouldnt be someone pro cruising. Cruiselines could be stalling around waiting to see who will be the next head of cdc and what they will demand. Otherwise why not get the mock trials and inspections started? What are they waiting on?

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

One other bit of info is the head of the cdc will be replaced by biden. He hasn't announced who yet, but my guess is it wouldnt be someone pro cruising. Cruiselines could be stalling around waiting to see who will be the next head of cdc and what they will demand. Otherwise why not get the mock trials and inspections started? What are they waiting on?

We are waiting on vaccines!  If you owned a cruise line, would  you want to take on the liability of sailing without one?  I think and hope that a vaccination certificate will be required.  The new stimulus package does not include the exemption that would make it impossible for people to sue corporations if they were to contract Covid.  Thank goodness!  Ii was the sticking point that Republicans were going for and if they got it, you might be sailing sooner.  I am perplexed as to why anyone would want to!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Encore37 said:

What do everyone think the chances of March cruises from Miami?  It looks like Carnival has started bring ships and crew back to the USA.  I’m hoping they can give a better answer shortly.

I wouldn’t expect anything before mid Apr at best. But I’m thinking more likely late May early June if everything goes perfectly and given we see people every day not doing the right thing I’m not optimistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

We are waiting on vaccines!  If you owned a cruise line, would  you want to take on the liability of sailing without one?  I think and hope that a vaccination certificate will be required.  The new stimulus package does not include the exemption that would make it impossible for people to sue corporations if they were to contract Covid.  Thank goodness!  Ii was the sticking point that Republicans were going for and if they got it, you might be sailing sooner.  I am perplexed as to why anyone would want to!

I'm sure you read my other comment that both rcl and ncl have said vaccines will allow them to cruise? Only ccl says nothing, no information,  other than mentioning ships. I'll be vaccinated surely by april (I'm a senior before you start to argue  seems everyone here only wants to argue and then says what I said) but clearly the cruiselines do nothing attitude shows they wouldnt be ready.

 

Ccl has known about the dumping order for years, pre covid, and those inspections are also required. Heck at the rate ccl is going I'm starting to worry about my sept cruise. 

 

I'm glad I dumped my ccl stock, took a loss, but I've turned very negative on carnival mgmt. It's clear they have no plans to start mock cruises and file for the needed inspections any time soon. 

 

You say they are waiting for vaccines ... but fail to note all the cdc protocols needed to sail once I am vaccinated...I'll clearly be vaccinated before cruises have jumped thru the required hoops. 

 

Already there are people filing in Miami against the cruiselines claiming what is going on is a ponzi scheme. If they are waiting on herd immunity then they are lying to us. The claim is the new cruise they book costs more than the last one, so they ask for a refund and are told sorry you already used the fcc, cruise credit only. If ccl knows they are cancelling march, say so and that's wht your answer is, they are waiting for vaccines I.e. they know they wouldnt get busy with mock cruises and stringing people along.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

One other bit of info is the head of the cdc will be replaced by biden. He hasn't announced who yet, but my guess is it wouldnt be someone pro cruising. Cruiselines could be stalling around waiting to see who will be the next head of cdc and what they will demand. Otherwise why not get the mock trials and inspections started? What are they waiting on?

Rochelle Walensky will be the new CDC director.

https://dnyuz.com/2020/12/16/like-a-hand-grasping-trump-appointees-describe-the-crushing-of-the-c-d-c/

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think early summer at the earliest, but who knows.  Funny about the vaccination certificates.  I'm ambivalent about such a thing myself.  I'm taking my dog's rabies vaccination certificate  to the court house next Wednesday to get the license, and the tag that he'll wear on his collar for the next three years.  Will we get something like that too? (This is a snark.) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The claim is the new cruise they book costs more than the last one, so they ask for a refund and are told sorry you already used the fcc, cruise credit only.

So they pick a more expensive cruise and are upset with Carnival with their own choice?  My claim is I've had to rebook 3 times and have over 1500 dollars in OBC along with my Carnival offer OBC because each time I've rebooked the cost has been lower as well as a better itinerary and better cabin. 

I am not ok with the silence either because in the absence of an explanation people tend to fill in the void with their own comments and opinions about why CCL isn't doing anything.  The truth is im not on the Board and have no clue as to why certain decisions are being made and the reasoning behind them so it would be nothing but speculation, assumptions and personal opinion on my part as to why CCL hasnt started doing anything yet (THAT I AM AWARE OF).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

So they pick a more expensive cruise and are upset with Carnival with their own choice?  My claim is I've had to rebook 3 times and have over 1500 dollars in OBC along with my Carnival offer OBC because each time I've rebooked the cost has been lower as well as a better itinerary and better cabin. 

I am not ok with the silence either because in the absence of an explanation people tend to fill in the void with their own comments and opinions about why CCL isn't doing anything.  The truth is im not on the Board and have no clue as to why certain decisions are being made and the reasoning behind them so it would be nothing but speculation, assumptions and personal opinion on my part as to why CCL hasnt started doing anything yet (THAT I AM AWARE OF).  

Every time I've rebooked the only options were more expensive than the cancelled cruise.

 

You are assuming they picked a more expensive cruise out of choice. And carnival corp covers more than carnival btw, we dont know which exact lines were filed against. But yet every time I've booked prices are up from what I paid before. If my sept 2021 cruise is cancelled, the choices are higher yet again. The more get cancelled the more people looking to book to get that 600 obc. I'm out of Galveston so it might not be true everywhere. My date went up another $20 last week. Not much but its inching up. And I didnt think the rate was that great to begin with, I took it for the obc.

 

It's not just ccl, I think all cruise rates have been going up on other lines too. I can also drive to new orleans in 1 day, rcl just announced yesterday selling majesty, and seems not replacing her. This will put pressure on carnival prices out of new orleans going forward, less competition. 

 

I'm looking at the corporations, overall. Just stating facts. Some cruise blogger reported some filings against cruise lines because now they couldn't get a refund. Future credit only. Didnt say which specific line. But yep I'm seeing price pressure upward going forward. I'm stating facts, not your emotions that people need to go with things or you dont see higher prices. I know some will rush to defend ccl.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Every time I've rebooked the only options were more expensive than the cancelled cruise.

 

You are assuming they picked a more expensive cruise out of choice. And carnival corp covers more than carnival btw, we dont know which exact lines were filed against. But yet every time I've booked prices are up from what I paid before. If my sept 2021 cruise is cancelled, the choices are higher yet again. The more get cancelled the more people looking to book to get that 600 obc. I'm out of Galveston so it might not be true everywhere. My date went up another $20 last week. Not much but its inching up. And I didnt think the rate was that great to begin with, I took it for the obc.

 

It's not just ccl, I think all cruise rates have been going up on other lines too. I can also drive to new orleans in 1 day, rcl just announced yesterday selling majesty, and seems not replacing her. This will put pressure on carnival prices out of new orleans going forward, less competition. 

 

I'm looking at the corporations, overall. Just stating facts. Some cruise blogger reported some filings against cruise lines because now they couldn't get a refund. Future credit only. Didnt say which specific line. But yep I'm seeing price pressure upward going forward. I'm stating facts, not your emotions that people need to go with things or you dont see higher prices. I know some will rush to defend ccl.

I understand your statement of facts as they pertain to you and also to the people filing claim.  My statement of facts just happens to be different.  Just like some people on here that say they can never get ahold of Carnival and I myself have never had that issue.    As you correctly point out it might not be true everywhere and for sure there will be price pressure upward going forward. Thankfully ive been able to avoid that for my last three changes and I will acknowledge that hasnt been the case for everyone but i wont say that is because of Carnivals attitude towards its clientele.  Cant begin to tell you how much Air Travel Credit i have because my Airline didnt give out refunds period and for sure cost of flights is almost triple now vs what my flights were initially before i had to change my cruises.  What i wouldnt give to be able to drive to a cruise port sigh.  Super jealous of those that can btw.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Encore37 said:

What do everyone think the chances of March cruises from Miami?  It looks like Carnival has started bring ships and crew back to the USA.  I’m hoping they can give a better answer shortly.

 

I don't think it will happen, actually I don't believe sailings in the US will resume until June or July (if then) but that's just my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I understand your statement of facts as they pertain to you and also to the people filing claim.  My statement of facts just happens to be different.  Just like some people on here that say they can never get ahold of Carnival and I myself have never had that issue.    As you correctly point out it might not be true everywhere and for sure there will be price pressure upward going forward. Thankfully ive been able to avoid that for my last three changes and I will acknowledge that hasnt been the case for everyone but i wont say that is because of Carnivals attitude towards its clientele.  Cant begin to tell you how much Air Travel Credit i have because my Airline didnt give out refunds period and for sure cost of flights is almost triple now vs what my flights were initially before i had to change my cruises.  What i wouldnt give to be able to drive to a cruise port sigh.  Super jealous of those that can btw.😉

Yea I just had and have parking paid for. My sept ccl cruise went up because seems like its popular. We must have well over 100 who have joined my roll call. One group of 14 just joined., when one joins, then friends join, which is why my rate is going up. I booked a nonrefundable suite, and crossing my fingers I can cruise by sept. I will go and use it if not. I love Galveston beach. So I wouldnt have risked it if I didnt plan on using it. Hotel might have free parking but I already had moved my parking twice, now its moved to the week of my carnival cruise. Hotel so so, but they had suites facing the ocean, so I said ok, twist my arm. It's near pleasure pier on seawall blvd, right in the middle of where I want to be.

 

So personally I dont have much at risk, but for sure I dont want to rebook again. Rcl is another story and I'm starting to worry about fcc stacking up I cant use, and I'm booked april and looks iffy, which means I'd get my fcc back, once used they dont give refunds. I really really hate to lose that rate, it's my best deal I booked. 

 

Goal posts to cruise keep getting moved in a way. Everyone said wait for a vaccine. Well vaccine is here, now they said vaccine ... but imo now people want to wait for herd immunity. Just getting worried as I'm tired of being cancelled. I'm full up with bookings  and cant move any more. I'll probably be vaccinated but doubt her immunity will set in by my april 25th date.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Just getting worried as I'm tired of being cancelled. I'm full up with bookings  and cant move any more. I'll probably be vaccinated but doubt her immunity will set in by my april 25th date.

Amen to that full agreement with you there.  My next cruise is in 100 days out of L.A.  pretty sure in February when they move the goal posts again it will be cancelled.  Listening to all the talk about which ports will be first to open I can pretty well make the leap that a cruise out of L.A in March is probably not on the books.  But....ever the optimist lol and if that fails well theres always my November 2021 cruise, and if that fails my March 2022 cruise, and if that fails.....well you get the point lol.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I booked a nonrefundable suite, and crossing my fingers I can cruise by sept.

While I am worried about WHEN cruising will start up again I think Im even more worried that cruising will start and I still cant even get out of my Country to even be on my booked cruise due to border restrictions and work restrictions. Now that will be a kicker. lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a report about the Port of Miami on the local news the other night showing video of the terminals with plexiglas installed and other modifications. The reporter said the port expects cruises to resume in April, but it was a general comment without mentioning any specific cruise line.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...