12-17-20 Thursday Weigh-In....Happy Holidays To Everyone No Matter How You Celebrate!

Belle

Good Evening this Sunday but sure your reading some time on Monday.

Mel glad everything went fine and now and almost 2 week vacation.

Diana did you and husband make the cookies? Did you have fun?

Ombud sorry the test hasn't come back. Maybe the nurse not feeling well

things didn't get done right. My daughter was lucky, took test on Tuesday back on Friday.

Always bother me when talking about.. like cruises saying have to have test 72 before...

trouble is most people won't get their test back in 3 days plus added to that you have to get

port (leave in morning) so leaves one less days to get the test back.

Didn't do to much today, some more cleaning out and made another pot roast with veggies.

Loving my pot roast lately, next month probably something else will get my fancy!🙂

Diana, I hope your cookies turned out! I have a love / hate relationship with my husband in the kitchen too. He's actually the cook in our family, so it's nice that he takes care of most of our dinners. He's just so messy though!

Izena, I can't make fudge to save my life! It always turns out grainy.

Ombud, Sorry you are frustrated. I used to work in mortgage and title, and I had to hold my tongue so many times when we refinanced a few weeks ago. It's a wonder we didn't walk away from the closing.

Belle, It's nice to have that go to recipe sometimes. 

I have been having laptop issues for a few months now. My curser keeps jumping to the side of the screen and this side bar comes out. Sometimes it closes whatever I have open - this is the third time I've typed this message. Usually, I can just restart, but it's been happening more frequently and closer to when I get it back up and running. Once it starts, it doesn't stop until I restart. I googled the problem, and found lots of solutions, but none are working. Now my  Looks like I'll be visiting Geek Squad soon.

I just had a cancellation due to covid. They don't want to have a big wedding right now, so I say good for them thinking about their guests. The planner doesn't see it that way though. It's only my second cancellation - lots of reschedules, but only 2 cancellations isn't bad.

Santa's bringing us a big hole in our yard!  I just got an email that our dig is scheduled for Monday. Of course it's supposed to rain on Tuesday - hopefully it won't be enough that the pool caves in and they have to re-dig. It will be fun to watch, but our dogs are going to go nuts!

Afternoon Mel sorry your having trouble with your computer. Wonder how we

got along without it before. Only one negative thing--spend to much time on it!😀

Sorry you've had cancelations but their thinking of others which is good at this time.

Read where so many weddings that someone passed the virus.

Glad your pool getting started but seems funny to dig a hole and have it fill with rain water.

Hope you and others are having a good day. Can't believe Christmas is Friday. I hate to

say it--not really in the mood and I'm a Christmas person.

Everyone take care--stay safe. Anyone here in line to take the vaccine or know someone

that is?

Hello everyone.

Belle, thanks for asking about the cookies. We decided to do that tomorrow. Today we ended up grocery shopping. Store not busy at 8am, no wait at checkout and no people in the ailes we walked down.Every person we saw had a mask on.

I was trying to avoid shopping this week, avoiding crowds, but when hubby announced he wanted to bake I thought we should get more flour, eggs, brown sugar. Also got chocolate chips. Ooh, scary. Don't need those on my hips.

As usual I'll eat a couple here and there and let hubby eat the rest. 

Today hubby made a lasagna cassarole thing for dinner. I cleaned as we went. Now relaxing with a hot brandied drink. 

Mel, sorry for the cancellations but glad the people are being responsible. So many aren't.

That's about it for today. I'll report on the cookie baking tomorrow. 

Have a nice eveing, Diana

Hello Diana Glad you got your shopping done. Seems people are being good and

only going out like you when the need for food. So less crowded.

Yes let us know how the cookies making went.

Enjoy your dinner and your drink. Best part of the day.🥃☺️

S is negative but 1 roommate is now positive and has nowhere to go. Holding my opinions to myself. He doesn't need the stress. He may be bumped into 1B because he is supposed to teach in a high risk area ...

If he can just stay negative

My sister is slated to be vaccinated tomorrow morning. An appointment opened up and she is working in a high risk area. She should be a 1B person but they want to keep her in high risk prenatal and somehow that makes her 1A in her county. 

Diana, lasagne & hot brandy sounds fantastic!! 

Belle, it was hard for me to get excited about the holidays this year too. Heard the 2021 NYE sign was delivered to NYC. Someday I want to be there for the ball drop just not now

Mel, cancelations are difficult. So much planning goes into it before the cooking even starts. Hopefully it doesn't leave you to far behind everything else to be done

Izena, fudge YUM!!

Good to hear from you, Jo! Glad you are staying close to the same!

Diana, lasagna is probably my favorite food. I would have eaten the whole pan of your casserole!

Ombud, glad S was negative and hope he stays that way. Are they keeping the roommate isolated in a bedroom? That's got to be hard if they all share a bathroom.

Belle, sorry your not in the Christmas mood. It is so different this year. I don't know anyone yet who has gotten or is scheduled to get the vaccine, but we're not close with any medical professionals. 

Cancellations are never fun, but I'm really ok with them since they have been so infrequent. I'm really flexible since we don't rely on the income. A lot of wedding vendors aren't in my shoes and it's their full time job, so they are really stressed about it. I see it more as, "hey, I get a surprise weekend off in a few weeks!"

It's supposed to be 70 degrees here today, so I'm going to pry the kids away from their screens to get outside. I'm such a mean mom making them get their vitamin D!🌞

Hello everyone.

Jo--Nice to see you. I guess at Christmas time hard not to talk about food.

In January will be talking about how not to eat food and only talking about

healthy food.

Rose--Now to hear from you. Are you and the family fine.

Ombud--Glad S is negative but troubling that roommate is not. Glad your sister is

getting the vaccine because of her job.

Mel--Glad the cancellations of the cake doesn't hurt you money wise. Yes it's

so sad others out of jobs and they need the money. Enjoy your warm weather.

Did anyone see the planets? I couldn't see them. Maybe will try again tonight.

Won't be around for the next one.

Can you believe Christmas in 3 days. Then 2021. Hope we're in for a better year,

know it will take time. Let's get there already!

Hello,

We ended up making a pan brownie. A lot less mess that way. Might make chocolate chip or cutout cookies in a few days. 

Mel, congrats on getting the whole dug for the pool for xmas. It's coming along. I agree about lasagna, I love it too. We don't make it often as it's just the 2 of us.

PS, yesterday I had the brandy drink around 3:30pm. Lasagna cassarole later. Doesn't go together well...

Jo, congrats on the loss and being under 170, yeah!

Ombud, glad your son is negative. I really hope he stays that way.

Belle, I know what you mean. Some family members, we're sad we can't be together. It's too risky, especially right now. 

Take care, Diana

• Like 1

Hi Belle,

Doing ok here. Candy is always nice to make but then again someone has to eat it. 

Enjoy your evening. We're having our other turkey breast from Thanksgiving tonight with mashed potatoes, light gravy and leftover squash. 

See everyone at weigh-in tomorrow.

Diana

Diana the "kids" will eat it but so will I.  But the question has been answered.

My neighbors dropped off some cookies they made and a little candy.

Problem solved.  So have that with pie and two ice cream plus if they bring something

sweet.  Tell them not to but you know kids!  They want to be nice and thoughtful.

Think we have enough nibbles and desserts even if they don't.

Hope everyone had a good day and now has a good evening.

• Like 1