COCO CAY SUITE AREA ?

jeannie126

4 minutes ago, jeannie126 said:

is there a complimentary section of chairs with umbrellas for aqua suite passengers?

Chairs and umbrella areas for anyone to use...nothing exclusively for suites I believe.

Since the renovations, there is now NO suite area  or suite benefit on Coco Cay.   Previously suite and pinnacles could go to a cabana area for a nice luncheon. 

On the flipside, ALL of the chairs and umbrellas are complementary. The complementary umbrellas are new since the renovations. We had to pay for them in the past. 

enjoy 

Roughly two or three years ago before Perfect Day or the pier was complete they briefly had a small section of chairs in the Cabana Cove area for suites.  It was kind of weird because it was a collection of loungers by themselves away from the cabanas without any services or food like at Labadee.  

This was back when they charged for umbrellas and there were no umbrellas in this area so it was just a grouping of loungers by themselves.  

I only saw that once.

6 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I enjoyed the suite beach on Labadee, and was disappointed they didn't have one on Coco Cay.

I thought the same in the beginning, because of the nice lunch on the Labadee suite beach. 

But, I actually like the lunch variety on Coco cay , and the snack shack. 

m

34 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I enjoyed the suite beach on Labadee, and was disappointed they didn't have one on Coco Cay.

You can buy the Coco Cay Club Pass for a more private area. Already purchased for my 5 upcoming cruises there.  If after experiencing it on my first time there i will then see whether of not worth it. I can always cancel. 

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

You can buy the Coco Cay Club Pass for a more private area. Already purchased for my 5 upcoming cruises there.  If after experiencing it on my first time there i will then see whether of not worth it. I can always cancel. 

I had the club pass earlier this year.  It is a very nice area and wonderful lunch.  You will enjoy😀   I have it booked for a couple future cruises in 2021.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had the club pass earlier this year.  It is a very nice area and wonderful lunch.  You will enjoy😀   I have it booked for a couple future cruises in 2021.

Looking forward to it. Been to Coco Cay a few times & enjoyed but gets crowded. Food at Snack Shack quite good, enjoyed the funnel cake. Much better then the barbecue buffets. 

13 hours ago, LorraineP said:

We purchased the Coco Beach Club passes for our February 2020 cruise (turned out to be our last cruise before the lockdown), and at $65/pp it was worth the cost, but if it costs much more than that now, it would not be worth it for us. 

11 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We purchased the Coco Beach Club passes for our February 2020 cruise (turned out to be our last cruise before the lockdown), and at $65/pp it was worth the cost, but if it costs much more than that now, it would not be worth it for us. 

With their recent cruise planner sales I pd $47 pp for club pass for 2 of our sailings on Oasis.  I thought that was a good price.

2 of my other sailings have it for 89 and up. Imo that is way too much.

39 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

With their recent cruise planner sales I pd $47 pp for club pass for 2 of our sailings on Oasis.  I thought that was a good price.

2 of my other sailings have it for 89 and up. Imo that is way too much.

I just went out to my cruise planner for our upcoming May cruise on Allure, and the club passes were $169/pp - that's $100/pp more than it is worth😱

22 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Agree, but MSC entertainment was enjoyable & different. Also the singers were much better. 

I don't know. Listening to a Russian singer try to do a Dolly Parton song is usually funnier than the stand-up comedians on board.😅

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, orville99 said:

I don't know. Listening to a Russian singer try to do a Dolly Parton song is usually funnier than the stand-up comedians on board.😅

Didn’t see that show. Enjoyed Madam Butterfly, actually all the shows. Guess we’re so used to RCL entertainment & broadway shows these were different. Only got to do MSC YC 3 times. Hate flying. Baltimore & Bayonne only a few hours drive. MSC was to leave from NYC, had it booked then they cancelled. Wishing they would schedule it again. 

• 7 months later...

Royal is getting ridiculous with suite pricing while taking away amenities.  They built a premium area on cocoa cay that could give suite guests a premium experience similar to Labadee.  My kids are older so I’ve been taking them on premium lines lately instead of Royal for less cost, although we will be on Symphony this fall, including cocoa cay.  Our Oceania Cruises 12 day Med cruise, in a penthouse, with a butler, and five star food, complimentary specialty restaurants, and a total of $900 onboard credit per stateroom, cost less than a 7 day sailing in a sky suite on Royal.  That doesn’t make any sense!

On 12/18/2020 at 11:35 AM, LorraineP said:

Didn’t see that show. Enjoyed Madam Butterfly, actually all the shows. Guess we’re so used to RCL entertainment & broadway shows these were different. Only got to do MSC YC 3 times. Hate flying. Baltimore & Bayonne only a few hours drive. MSC was to leave from NYC, had it booked then they cancelled. Wishing they would schedule it again. 

We enjoyed all the shows including Madam Butterfly. They were different and the entertainers were excellent. Singers were much better than RCL. My DH who is hardly ever impressed with RCL shows, except a few Broadway ones, stood up at end for a standing ovation.