2022 TRANSATLANTIC

ROYALBOY

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Well, yes it is, on the very far end and is part of a Mediterranean cruise.

I think he meant the port is usually Ashdod, because Jerusalem is not near the water.... sometimes Haifa, though that would be an even longer drive to Jerusalem. 

We had 2 1/2 days at Ashdod port back in 2011 when our Med cruise had to cancel the Egypt ports originally scheduled.  Hands down those 2 1/2 days and the 1 day at Haifa the next were the best days we've had on any cruise vacation....just amazing....

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Now you all have me thinking...😲 I note there is another similar port of call cruise but rather than the overnight in Jerusalem it does the overnight in Istanbul.  The port there seems much closer, like a 1.5 mile walk.  GRRRR, I hate making these types of decisions!

Yes, the ship does dock in Istanbul. We woke up in the morning listening to the calls to prayer from the Minarets. It was fantastic and we loved the city.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I think he meant the port is usually Ashdod, because Jerusalem is not near the water.... sometimes Haifa, though that would be an even longer drive to Jerusalem. 

We had 2 1/2 days at Ashdod port back in 2011 when our Med cruise had to cancel the Egypt ports originally scheduled.  Hands down those 2 1/2 days and the 1 day at Haifa the next were the best days we've had on any cruise vacation....just amazing....

This cruise, Oct 17, 2022, also includes a 13 hour stop at Haifa.  If I stick with (it's a def bucket list for me) I will probably take earlier advice and get a hotel for the night in Jerusalem.  Also am now considering the one with the overnight in Istanbul.

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

This cruise, Oct 17, 2022, also includes a 13 hour stop at Haifa.  If I stick with (it's a def bucket list for me) I will probably take earlier advice and get a hotel for the night in Jerusalem.  Also am now considering the one with the overnight in Istanbul.

Now you have me thinking about the Istanbul cruise....... a few years ago I was on a Reflection cruise scheduled to stop there but it was substituted due to the civil issues at that time. I have been a few times through the airport, but no significant time there.

3 hours ago, LGW59 said:

6 minutes ago, morechances said:

Now you have me thinking about the Istanbul cruise....... a few years ago I was on a Reflection cruise scheduled to stop there but it was substituted due to the civil issues at that time. I have been a few times through the airport, but no significant time there.

Highly recommend the stop in Istanbul and the overnight even better.  That's what we had and it was amazing too....as long as it's safe go for it.  

From Haifa we visited Galilee, the Mount of the Beatitudes, Megiddo(also known as Armageddon)Capernum and a few other places.  We worked with Guided Tours Israel for the tours in Israel.  

Megiddo was a stop that the guide from Guided Tours thanked us for suggesting, it's off the beaten path but so worth the visit.   Would love to go back to all of these.

Edited by Gracie115

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

If you book after final payment date you can book without the drink package , there may be some good deals out there again 

I've already booked on Brilliance of the Seas from Ravenna to Barcelona (fully refundable). It's the last cruise of the season prior to the TA's.  Unless something comes out better, I'll book its TA probably to Tampa.  I will already have flights booked to Bologna or Venice by the time after final payment on Celebrity. 

Celebrity is pricing me out of its market.  I have one last cruise I booked last year for 2022, and I think that's it for me.  🍷

17 hours ago, Wine-O said:

I've already booked on Brilliance of the Seas from Ravenna to Barcelona (fully refundable). It's the last cruise of the season prior to the TA's.  Unless something comes out better, I'll book its TA probably to Tampa.  I will already have flights booked to Bologna or Venice by the time after final payment on Celebrity. 

Celebrity is pricing me out of its market.  I have one last cruise I booked last year for 2022, and I think that's it for me.  🍷

I agree I don't like the pricing structure of Celebrity. We do not drink and don't feel would should have to pay more for the others who do drink. 

18 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

If you book after final payment date you can book without the drink package , there may be some good deals out there again 

They are only offering no perks after final payment on "select" cruises.   They said it will be a program which replaces Xciting deals.   It's not out of the question on TAs as they have historically been offered on Xciting deals to fill the ship but don't count on it on very popular itineraries.

On 1/19/2021 at 12:40 PM, Wine-O said:

Same old itineraries but crazy prices.  I'll pass.  Waiting for Royal's 2022 Fall TA's.  🍷

Wine-O...the T/As on the M class don't seem too bad...I booked the Sillie from Southampton..we haven't been on RCCL in ages...how does it compare to X?