2022 TRANSATLANTIC

ROYALBOY

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Almost two years from now?  The CDC restrictions that you mention expire November 2021.  Once of us is confused.

Yes the CDC restrictions are set to expire in 2021, but it seems X is not opening them up for booking (two years out) without a written response from the CDC.

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Yes the CDC restrictions are set to expire in 2021, but it seems X is not opening them up for booking (two years out) without a written response from the CDC.

Can you clarify, please?  Do you actually know that (1) X has asked for assurances from the CDC regarding the proposed Fall 2022 TA itineraries, and that (2) X is in fact waiting for a written response from them, or are you speculating as to what is going on?  Thank you. 

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Can you clarify, please?  Do you actually know that (1) X has asked for assurances from the CDC regarding the proposed Fall 2022 TA itineraries, and that (2) X is in fact waiting for a written response from them, or are you speculating as to what is going on?  Thank you. 

I don't think anyone knows.  The Fall 2021 TA's are iffy if they leave prior to 1 November 2021, and the Spring 2022 TA's will probably be dependent on the results of the vaccine.  The Fall 2022 TA's haven't even be released, but my guess is those may be the first ones happening.  Who knows what the CDC is going to do.  Just don't book a non-refundable until everything is steady state.  🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

It was discussed on a recent trade webinar.

From what I see thus far, it looks like a Fall 2022 TA could work for us if we book the Silhouette Spain & France 9 night out of Southampton departing 9/30 and spend the interim on a land trip in Europe before sailing home on a different ship.

We had a great itinerary booked on the RCCL Jewel out of Copenhagen for August last that included some of the Silhouette ports but added 3 Norwegian stops, Lisbon, Gibraltar and ended in Tarragona. Alas, no current sailings come close to that one. 

This would not be the first time we've booked a cruise a year and a half away!  Have done this many times to get the desired suite!

We are also on the the Apex April 2022 TA FLL to AMS.

Hopefully, all the Covid stuff will be sorted out by then, and the first time on an E series X ship.

Very excited!!

Edited by tnt10

15 hours ago, tnt10 said:

This would not be the first time we've booked a cruise a year and a half away!  Have done this many times to get the desired suite!

We are also on the the Apex April 2022 TA FLL to AMS.

Hopefully, all the Covid stuff will be sorted out by then, and the first time on an E series X ship.

Very excited!!

We have Apex Israel booked for Oct 2022, but looking for the TA to make is a b2b and take us home to Ft Lauderdale.

• Thanks 1

On 12/25/2020 at 12:39 PM, ROYALBOY said:

We have Apex Israel booked for Oct 2022, but looking for the TA to make is a b2b and take us home to Ft Lauderdale.

We are also booked on APEX Israel, Oct, 17, 2022, love that it does an overnight in Jerusalem.

26 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

We are also booked on APEX Israel, Oct, 17, 2022, love that it does an overnight in Jerusalem.

I did a similar cruise a couple of years ago. 

I found a tour that included a hotel stay in Jerusalem. 

It was a great way to save the 3 or so hours (or more) of travel time from the ship to the city.

And gave me more time to explore. 

The port is no where near the city.

8 minutes ago, morechances said:

I did a similar cruise a couple of years ago. 

I found a tour that included a hotel stay in Jerusalem. 

It was a great way to save the 3 or so hours (or more) of travel time from the ship to the city.

And gave me more time to explore. 

The port is no where near the city.

I knew it was a fair distance away but had not realized it was that far.  Good thing it is an overnight.  Thx!

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I knew it was a fair distance away but had not realized it was that far.  Good thing it is an overnight.  Thx!

Traffic can be brutal at times as well. 

I think that I paid an extra $100 for the hotel. And it was really close to a lot of great restaurants. I was definitely happy to have booked that tour. And it was great for getting to see more of the region.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

34 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

Jerusalem is not a port on the Med 😁

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Well, yes it is, on the very far end and is part of a Mediterranean cruise.

@LGW59  it would appear that the humor plane that @Airbalancer was piloting flew right over your head, even with Airbalancer's humor emoji.   The point is that Jerusalem is not a port, period, not on the Med nor anyplace else.  It is inland.  Yes, you can TRAVEL there, overland, from a ship that is docked at a port on the Med, but the APEX will not be "doing an overnight in Jerusalem," any more than ships docked overnight in Alexandria, Egypt, are "doing an overnight in Cairo."   😊 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

@LGW59  it would appear that the humor plane that @Airbalancer was piloting flew right over your head, even with Airbalancer's humor emoji.   The point is that Jerusalem is not a port, period, not on the Med nor anyplace else.  It is inland.  Yes, you can TRAVEL there, overland, from a ship that is docked at a port on the Med, but the APEX will not be "doing an overnight in Jerusalem," any more than ships docked overnight in Alexandria, Egypt, are "doing an overnight in Cairo."   😊 

Or Rome

Thank you Turtles06 for your post.   We have been looking for Fall 2022 TA cruises and unable to find any information.  Gives us something to look forward to!

On 12/18/2020 at 4:26 PM, Turtles06 said:

You can see the fall 2022 TA itineraries right now by going to post 60 in the thread linked below and clicking on the links in that post; as others have noted above, while they've been loaded in the system, they aren't yet open for booking.  As for "usual itineraries," no way to know what will be "usual" in the post-pandemic world.  Some of these itineraries are a little short on ports (not a huge deal for us, as we love TAs for the sea days).  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisefan123 said:

Thank you Turtles06 for your post.   We have been looking for Fall 2022 TA cruises and unable to find any information.  Gives us something to look forward to!

Very helpful, thx!!

50 minutes ago, morechances said:

Exactly!!!!

Point being.....

A lot of ports are simply not where a ship docks, but where one would typically visit. 

Now you all have me thinking...😲 I note there is another similar port of call cruise but rather than the overnight in Jerusalem it does the overnight in Istanbul.  The port there seems much closer, like a 1.5 mile walk.  GRRRR, I hate making these types of decisions!