Orlando Logistics

kelkel2

For those of you who have cruised from Port Canaveral before, what’s the best way to handle our pre-cruise stay. We will fly in the day before the cruise, but we’d like to probably stay in Port Canaveral vs an airport hotel. Just due to the mentality of get as close to the cruise as possible so we don’t have to stress or worry the day of. I’m assuming it’s not likely we’ll find a hotel in PC that will have an airport shuttle? It will be my husband and I and our twin 4 year olds traveling. Would we better off booking some sort of shuttle or just grabbing an Uber when we get there? 

Rent a car one way, allowing you to dine, shop and stay where you want.  UberXL for your family from MCO to PC will run $100+.  Post cruise, unless you have a late flight, I would use a shuttle to return to the airport.

We were going to do this, but all this happened. It is only about a 45 minute drive. My recommendation is purely based off Disney World trips. It would be similar for PC. If your flight lands early enough (say before 8PM), I say head to PC. If you land later, staying at one by MCO is a good idea for a good night's rest.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this. We just booked flights and won't land until 10:15PM on Friday. After working all day, driving out to PC at about 11PM is not going to be the best option for us. I can't use points for a hotel in PC and the cost to use them by MCO is next to nothing. Driving out would put us closer, cost us an extra $150. My plan is to get a hotel close to Hooters, walk over for a beer or two and a bite, then bed at 12:30, off at 6:30. That would put us in PC by 7:30 at the latest, hit up Ron Jon's for a bit, return the rental and Uber to the terminal. 

Because we don't know what is happening with Covid and cruising, we don't know times to be at port anymore. We like the idea of having the car for luggage and convenience until we have to return it.

• Like 1