WILL PRICES EVER COME DOWN?

elaineb

2 minutes ago, elaineb said:

What are your thoughts on the above.  They seem to be pushing that there will never be any sales and the price is the price (all inclusive).  But does anyone see these outrageous prices coming down in the future?

I believe the decision will be made by supply and demand.

• Like 8

Hi

Not sure if it applies to the US but we in the UK got an e mail today with a discount offer for CC members.

I booked a Baltic cruise from Amsterdam next August and the discount was worth £200.

It was a 12 nt cruise in a Deck 7 midship hump cabin with AI and CC perk of less one cabin grade price.

It was under £4000 for the x2 of us,,,,,I paid that for the same cruise in 2018.

I agree though,this seems a one off,,,other cruise prices are eye watering.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston

22 minutes ago, elaineb said:

What are your thoughts on the above.  They seem to be pushing that there will never be any sales and the price is the price (all inclusive).  But does anyone see these outrageous prices coming down in the future?

If people pay them, no. That would mean they've matched supply to demand.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, elaineb said:

It's up to us.  If we pay these high prices, they will keep them.

• Like 4

I think they will have to as soon as the other lines get out there wheeling and dealing. 🙃

I posted on another thread yesterday that HAL was offering a "Buy 1, Gift 1" promo for select 2021 bookings where you book a veranda or suite and receive a free interior stateroom for family or friends sailing with you, and that Celebrity better pay attention to other lines while they were still jacking up their prices. Really of course, I know they do watch others, but I just don't understand their marketing strategy at times! At least today I did get this from Celebrity so maybe things are starting to move:

image.png.8a67faa477f5dcf0f4e2cacf5c631dd1.png

16 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

I think they will have to as soon as the other lines get out there wheeling and dealing. 🙃

I posted on another thread yesterday that HAL was offering a "Buy 1, Gift 1" promo for select 2021 bookings where you book a veranda or suite and receive a free interior stateroom for family or friends sailing with you, and that Celebrity better pay attention to other lines while they were still jacking up their prices. Really of course, I know they do watch others, but I just don't understand their marketing strategy at times! At least today I did get this from Celebrity so maybe things are starting to move:

image.png.8a67faa477f5dcf0f4e2cacf5c631dd1.png

The current pricing has been discussed over and over.  You need to remember there are tens of thousands of FCCs out there with expiration dates.  If people don't book prices drop.  Celebrity emailed a 10% off sale coupon today so they understand.

Right now with no cruising and dozens more cancellations coming shortly seems pricing is meaningless.  Discounts by other lines are fine but saying Y has 40% off means nothing.  What is important is the end price at final payment compared to the services rendered.

If you think the prices are too high then don't book.  Really simple.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The current pricing has been discussed over and over.  You need to remember there are tens of thousands of FCCs out there with expiration dates.  If people don't book prices drop.  Celebrity emailed a 10% off sale coupon today so they understand.

Right now with no cruising and dozens more cancellations coming shortly seems pricing is meaningless.  Discounts by other lines are fine but saying Y has 40% off means nothing.  What is important is the end price at final payment compared to the services rendered.

If you think the prices are too high then don't book.  Really simple.

10% or 5%? Or did it vary by level?

Here is the email offer we got, Canada. Don't know if it varies by loyalty level. Useless  to us  as we tend to sail  OV as we found we rarely used our balcony.

(top banner missing as it gave my name and CC number)

Cheers, h 🥂.

image.thumb.png.f9c6adad0146291a597c18e2e0dcca84.png

Edited by middlehaitch

Just now, LGW59 said:

My offer was 0% but that's because I did not receive the email.  🙄

It appears now that Elite and higher get 10%, lower levels 5%, and past passengers that they are trying to discourage from booking again 0%. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

It appears now that Elite and higher get 10%, lower levels 5%, and past passengers that they are trying to discourage from booking again 0%. :classic_biggrin:

Well maybe I resemble that "compliment"...😇

• Like 1

We got the email (U.K.) but there was no %age mentioned, only that it was applicable for sailings until the end of 2021, which is no use for us. I didn’t bother doing a dummy booking to see how much they would discount.

I am interested in an 2022 sailing - will get double points but no discount 🤦‍♀️.

Edited by downsmead

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

My offer was 0% but that's because I did not receive the email.  🙄

Well, you're the winner, you see.  I got the 10% one too.  It’s our way of saying thank you for your loyalty.  I plugged in the info on a cruise we have already booked and chose the cabin next door.  About $1000 more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got the email today too for this offer but I cant seem to get it to work with 'always included'. Once I put in my membership number, I get the discount but then I get asked if I want to pay for tips and the final screen says nothing about what is included (which shows the 3 included if I do not use a code).

Unless I am doing something wrong or something is not setup correctly with celebrity, it seems this offer is for just the sailing and no perks. Anyone managed to get them combined?

You don't need an email.   I'd call and ask for the discount.  It does have 12/18 as the start of the booking window.  Select should be 5%.  You many need to cancel and rebook.  Even if you have a NRD they should give you FCC for the deposit (without $100 pp penalty due to CwC)  which you could re-apply to the new reservation.   I suspect they may just apply it as it would be easier for them.

I've attached the full T&C from the email for you.

*Captain’s Club Offer: Visit celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/offer-details for full terms and conditions. Cruise must be booked between December 18, 2020 – January 31, 2021 (the “Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing between July 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021, excluding Galapagos. Offer also applies to additional sailings on Celebrity Eclipse between January 3, 2022 – April 17, 2022. Savings amounts are 5% off for Classic and Select members, 10% off for Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith members in a veranda stateroom or higher. Preview members are not eligible for this offer. Savings apply to cruise fare only and does not apply to taxes, fees, gratuities, hotel, flights, or cruise care protection. Offer can only be applied to a maximum of two Captain’s Club members per reservation. Loyalty ID must be provided at checkout to redeem savings. Offer is combinable with only prevailing Standard Group rates, Brand Offers and Loyalty 2x Point offer that are named during the Offer Period. Offer is not combinable with Simply Sail, Loyalty Promos, Travel Agent rates, Exciting Deals and Employee Cruise Rates. After the Offer Period, the Offer will be removed from the booking if the guest cancels and reinstates the booking, applies a fare change, or changes the ship or sail date of the booking; certain other changes to the booking may also result in removal of the Offer. Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates. Individual reservations can be transferred into an existing group, assuming required criteria are met. Single occupancy guests paying 200% cruise fare are eligible for Offer. Refer to the Cruise Ticket Contract for additional terms and conditions. Changes to booking may result in removal of Offer. Offers and prices are subject to availability, cancellation and change without notice at any time. Celebrity reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time, correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and change or update fares, fees and surcharges at any time without prior notice.

It’s the old game of who’s gonna blink first. If cruisers want prices to come down then they need to hold out and not pay these outrageous rates. If that means you have to wait until close in to book so you get a sale and not get your ideal cabin or maybe miss a season of cruising because the cruise line holds firm then that may be what is needed.

• Like 2