Home to port transfers over 75 miles

CeaJay

Hi

My husband and I are first time cruisers.

Could anyone advise how Saga charges fo private transfers when the distance is over 75 miles?

Do they charge the private mileage rate for the excess mileage over the 75 miles, or do they charge for the entire journey (we live around 125 miles from Southampton.

I am sure someone will be able to help on this forum.

Thanks.

According to their website, transfers over 75 miles  are shared transfers: 

This service is a private chauffeur for distances up to 75 miles each way, and a shared chauffeur service from 76-250 miles each way.

Don't want to chauffeur? No problem. We'll also be happy to arrange complimentary car parking near the port, or can provide included rail/coach tickets, or even free flights from your local airport, subject to availability.

3 hours ago, CeaJay said:

Hi

My husband and I are first time cruisers.

Could anyone advise how Saga charges fo private transfers when the distance is over 75 miles?

Do they charge the private mileage rate for the excess mileage over the 75 miles, or do they charge for the entire journey (we live around 125 miles from Southampton.

I am sure someone will be able to help on this forum.

Thanks.

They charge for the extra mileage, not the whole journey. Think they use AA routefinder to get the quickest route and charge on that basis.

Go back a couple of threads (I think it is the one just called Saga cruises) and somebody else has the same question, asked Saga, and posted how much the current charge is - pretty reasonable, I believe.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, nosapphire said:

They charge for the extra mileage, not the whole journey. Think they use AA routefinder to get the quickest route and charge on that basis.

Go back a couple of threads (I think it is the one just called Saga cruises) and somebody else has the same question, asked Saga, and posted how much the current charge is - pretty reasonable, I believe.

It was me. The thread was "why does saga use Dover". The rate of £1.75 per mile I was quoted was for shared transfers, not private. The rate for private transfers would be higher.

Edited by Denarius