Docking in Helsinki

Bgwest

7 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Can anyone advise which of the many quays in Helsinki MSC Cruises uses?

This would be on a sailing coming in from St. Petersburg and then departing on to Stockholm. 

Thanks!

I don't know but I will be on that MSc splendida Cruise

I can’t answer the OPs question specificity, but here is a link to the Port of Helsinki’s cruise ship schedule page which should show that info when it is known.  It is currently empty, but prior to Covid it was useful.  Hopefully it will be updated once sailing resumes. 

https://www.portofhelsinki.fi/en/passengers/international-cruise-ships

5 hours ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I can’t answer the OPs question specificity, but here is a link to the Port of Helsinki’s cruise ship schedule page which should show that info when it is known.  It is currently empty, but prior to Covid it was useful.  Hopefully it will be updated once sailing resumes. 

https://www.portofhelsinki.fi/en/passengers/international-cruise-ships

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Yes, port web is very useful. MSC will very likely use new LHD pier at the Hernesaari Dock. See location 3 at the map.

Normally a shuttle bus service to city center is provided.

C0B4127E-3BD8-4D14-9685-9E18C9C22913.jpeg

Edited by hallasm
Spelling

3 hours ago, drsel said:

It is more economical to book the 10 night Norwegian fjords separately and the 11 night Scandinavian Russian Cruise separately

How's that? The one we are on leaves Copenhagen on 7/10/21, goes across northern Iceland, on to Greenland, returning along the south of Iceland (stopping in Reykjavik) before returning to Copenhagen. 

We currently have a 14 day booked using the strategy you describe. This one is 7 days in the Baltic and St. Petersburg and 7 days in Norway. Saved some $ doing it that way. 

I cannot find the 10 night/11 night itinerary you describe. Would you please provide further details? I'd love to rebook and save a few bucks. 

Thanks!

10 hours ago, hallasm said:

Yes, port web is very useful. MSC will very likely use new LHD pier at the Hernesaari Dock. See location 3 at the map.

Normally a shuttle bus service to city center is provided.

C0B4127E-3BD8-4D14-9685-9E18C9C22913.jpeg

Excellent. Thanks! I found this same map but had no idea which dock to look at. 

Now I know to look at #3. 

21 hours ago, Bgwest said:

How's that? The one we are on leaves Copenhagen on 7/10/21, goes across northern Iceland, on to Greenland, returning along the south of Iceland (stopping in Reykjavik) before returning to Copenhagen. 

We currently have a 14 day booked using the strategy you describe. This one is 7 days in the Baltic and St. Petersburg and 7 days in Norway. Saved some $ doing it that way. 

I cannot find the 10 night/11 night itinerary you describe. Would you please provide further details? I'd love to rebook and save a few bucks. 

Thanks!

2 Sep & 12 Sep round trips from Kiel, Germany

5 hours ago, drsel said:

2 Sep & 12 Sep round trips from Kiel, Germany

NOW I see. Looks like a helluva an itinerary. One that I'd like to consider if it's repeated in 2023. 

As I first read your post, I thought you were talking about a 21 day that included Iceland and Greenland. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

17 hours ago, Bgwest said:

NOW I see. Looks like a helluva an itinerary. One that I'd like to consider if it's repeated in 2023. 

As I first read your post, I thought you were talking about a 21 day that included Iceland and Greenland. 

Thanks for the clarification. 

10 July will be really expensive, super peak season.

But I still cant find your cruises. Which ship, port & sail date?

Edited by drsel