MIA Carnival Radiance

tracyd1014

I’m not seeing any info anywhere on the Victory/Radiance transformation. I have a feeling it’s delay has been further delayed. On the website the first cruise is listed for November. We are booked April 23.  I have a feeling that trip has been cancelled but no word from Carnival yet. 
Any ideas?

I would think with all of the rebookings from the now scrapped Imagination and Inspiration, and capacity restrictions per the Conditional Sailing Order, it's unlikely there are any available cabins through November.

If Radiance does not enter service in April, the backlog of rebooted passengers is likely only going to worsen even if a majority of affected passengers take a refund.

I swear they have that ship all over the place. Originally I was thinking of a late fall booking on radiance out of Galveston doing a partial Panama. But I kept reading about how they stripped things off as it went into dry dock and money might be running short.

Then I thought florida? Now maybe calif? ..it has a ever changing schedule.

My guess, and it is only a guess, I have no real info to support this:

Carnival has firm plans for Radiance to sail from LA in Nov 2021.

Victory/ Radiance will undergo the planned upgrades "shortly", or has already started them, as noted in the above photo.

Once the refurb is done, Carnival will review the existing bookings to determine if they still want to honor them, prior to relocating to LA, or if that won't be practical due to on-going COVID-19 restrictions, etc.

If the refurb is now underway, I think someone once posted it should take 6 or 8 weeks to complete.  So we might hear something in early February?

On 12/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, firefly333 said:

I swear they have that ship all over the place. Originally I was thinking of a late fall booking on radiance out of Galveston doing a partial Panama. But I kept reading about how they stripped things off as it went into dry dock and money might be running short.

Then I thought florida? Now maybe calif? ..it has a ever changing schedule.

They started tearing it apart on the way to dry dock, then COVID hit and it sat.  Once, Inspiration and Imagination were announced as being sold, they announced that radiance would move to Long Beach.  

I thought it was in the last batch of cancellations that it was pushed back to November, I could be wrong though.

10 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I thought it was in the last batch of cancellations that it was pushed back to November, I could be wrong though.

according to out PVP our August cruise has not been cancelled ( although you can no longer book it which doesn't bode well) I read that if a ship is in dry dock , they cant have it available to book and that is why they took it off

3 hours ago, pinto18 said:

according to out PVP our August cruise has not been cancelled ( although you can no longer book it which doesn't bode well) I read that if a ship is in dry dock , they cant have it available to book and that is why they took it off

First time I have ever heard that about not being able to book a cruise while the ship was in drydock. Something seems off about that statement.

43 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

First time I have ever heard that about not being able to book a cruise while the ship was in drydock. Something seems off about that statement.

That is the new line of why a bunch of ships were taken off the website.  

3 hours ago, pinto18 said:

Where they haven't even began work in drydock, i would not think it will be sailing anytime soon.  A 2 month dry dock, plus transit, plus 2 months in the US to complete CDC guidelines, and you are looking 5 months out, so realistically, it would be May at the EARLIEST, but I would not be surprised if your August cruise gets canceled.