Jump to content

MIA Carnival Radiance


Recommended Posts

I’m not seeing any info anywhere on the Victory/Radiance transformation. I have a feeling it’s delay has been further delayed. On the website the first cruise is listed for November. We are booked April 23.  I have a feeling that trip has been cancelled but no word from Carnival yet. 
Any ideas?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think with all of the rebookings from the now scrapped Imagination and Inspiration, and capacity restrictions per the Conditional Sailing Order, it's unlikely there are any available cabins through November.

 

If Radiance does not enter service in April, the backlog of rebooted passengers is likely only going to worsen even if a majority of affected passengers take a refund.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I swear they have that ship all over the place. Originally I was thinking of a late fall booking on radiance out of Galveston doing a partial Panama. But I kept reading about how they stripped things off as it went into dry dock and money might be running short.

 

Then I thought florida? Now maybe calif? ..it has a ever changing schedule.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My guess, and it is only a guess, I have no real info to support this:

 

Carnival has firm plans for Radiance to sail from LA in Nov 2021.

 

Victory/ Radiance will undergo the planned upgrades "shortly", or has already started them, as noted in the above photo.

 

Once the refurb is done, Carnival will review the existing bookings to determine if they still want to honor them, prior to relocating to LA, or if that won't be practical due to on-going COVID-19 restrictions, etc.

 

If the refurb is now underway, I think someone once posted it should take 6 or 8 weeks to complete.  So we might hear something in early February?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, nimiq said:

It will need a good coat of paint yikes it’s rusted.

 

A lot of Carnival ships were painted with a bad batch of paint. They are or will be repainted. Rust happens even with decent paint and no maintenance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 9:08 PM, firefly333 said:

I swear they have that ship all over the place. Originally I was thinking of a late fall booking on radiance out of Galveston doing a partial Panama. But I kept reading about how they stripped things off as it went into dry dock and money might be running short.

 

Then I thought florida? Now maybe calif? ..it has a ever changing schedule.

They started tearing it apart on the way to dry dock, then COVID hit and it sat.  Once, Inspiration and Imagination were announced as being sold, they announced that radiance would move to Long Beach.  

 

I thought it was in the last batch of cancellations that it was pushed back to November, I could be wrong though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I thought it was in the last batch of cancellations that it was pushed back to November, I could be wrong though.

according to out PVP our August cruise has not been cancelled ( although you can no longer book it which doesn't bode well) I read that if a ship is in dry dock , they cant have it available to book and that is why they took it off

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pinto18 said:

according to out PVP our August cruise has not been cancelled ( although you can no longer book it which doesn't bode well) I read that if a ship is in dry dock , they cant have it available to book and that is why they took it off

First time I have ever heard that about not being able to book a cruise while the ship was in drydock. Something seems off about that statement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

First time I have ever heard that about not being able to book a cruise while the ship was in drydock. Something seems off about that statement.

 

That is the new line of why a bunch of ships were taken off the website.  

 

3 hours ago, pinto18 said:

according to out PVP our August cruise has not been cancelled ( although you can no longer book it which doesn't bode well) I read that if a ship is in dry dock , they cant have it available to book and that is why they took it off

 Where they haven't even began work in drydock, i would not think it will be sailing anytime soon.  A 2 month dry dock, plus transit, plus 2 months in the US to complete CDC guidelines, and you are looking 5 months out, so realistically, it would be May at the EARLIEST, but I would not be surprised if your August cruise gets canceled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...