Next "sale" Starts Dec 31st...

ceilidh1

I see this sale is live now on the website. Our cruise went up $200 total but we would get a $600 OBC. That sounds worth it to me. 

My question is, would my TA be able to just re-price the reservation and get us the new OBC perk? Or would it have to be canceled and re-booked as a new reservation?

2 hours ago, SkierRobUMN said:

I see this sale is live now on the website. Our cruise went up $200 total but we would get a $600 OBC. That sounds worth it to me. 

My question is, would my TA be able to just re-price the reservation and get us the new OBC perk? Or would it have to be canceled and re-booked as a new reservation?

I believe a new promotion requires a new booking, although not 100% certain.

My booking can be re-priced without making a new reservation. I am sure your TA can also do that too. 🙂

• Like 2

I booked a Christmas cruise out of New Orleans on the Thanksgiving day sale.  I booked a BA Balcony for $3,476 with perks of Premium Beverage, two specialty dinners, free WIFI, and $200 for excursions.  With the New Years sale, the same package with OBC of $200 is now $3,601.    Math says that overall it is a  $73 saving with the added OBC.    I imagine the phone lines are busy so I  contacted my cruise consultant via e-mail to see if he can go ahead and cancel and rebook at the new rate and he called me right back and we made the change.  

I figure that by next Christmas we will be pretty well rid of this bug and both my wife and I plan on getting vaccinated at the first opportunity.  Getting cabin fever.  :)

Happy New Year fellow cruisers

• Like 4

On 12/31/2020 at 9:25 AM, SkierRobUMN said:

Typically, as long as you have not made final payment, and did not have a nonrefundable deposit, your TA can just call and get it adjusted without rebooking.  If necessary, rebooking is not hard--as long as your deposit was not non-refundable.

2 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Typically, as long as you have not made final payment, and did not have a nonrefundable deposit, your TA can just call and get it adjusted without rebooking.  If necessary, rebooking is not hard--as long as your deposit was not non-refundable.

TA was able to re-price and get us the $600 OBC. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

yeah the whole way the BOGO flights are displayed is Super Shady.  On the itinerary I looked at it shows BOGO for $399 from my airport............cue the arrival at my final price page and my $399 airfare is now $799 (not BOGO at all, but pay DOUBLE) and forces me to buy $120 in transfers too.........so what they show as $399 on my selection page ends up being $919 to my bottom line. CRAZY.

I had seen this promo and did a mock booking (live in Ontario) and found it to be an overall savings between 500 and 600 Canadian so I called my TA and she agreed and we rebooked, lost a couple of items but in the long run was worth it. Now just have to wait and see what issues arise with the Norwegian air booking.

• Like 2

On the cruise I was looking at, they raised the prices a little, but added the OBC, so it came out almost the same. I’m bummed to find out that “free specialty dining” is now only 2 nights on a 7-day cruise. This time last year, it was 3 nights.

So overall my 2022 cruise during a non-peak time is coming out a little more expensive than our comparable 2020 spring break cruise that was cancelled. Now we will wait to see what corners they are cutting and how that will affect the cruising experience. It’ll bet we will see changes in the menus and what’s included in the beverage packages. 

Just wondering about using the onboard credit.  I know that the on board credit is used once on the ship.  But NCL recently changed how shore excursions are booked pre-cruise ( they will apply shore excursion perk & latitude discount ). So wondering if they will use on board credit toward shore excursions.

if not - if I pay for shore excursions will they refund with on board credit once on board?  I know the credit is non-refundable.  But if I paid this seems they would apply OBC?  Anyone know?

TIA! 

21 minutes ago, mtrancher said:

On our last cruise (Feb 2020) we prebooked excursions but did not prepay. Then on board our OBC covered the cost of the excursions. This of course was after the deduction for the free at sea offer.

how do you pre book them without paying for them?

45 minutes ago, SkierRobUMN said:

Perhaps things have changed but we just made the reservations. We did do it via phone directly with NCL... and not online, perhaps that makes a difference?  You could always call to make the reservation and then clarify with the agent regarding the payment via OBC.

2 hours ago, mtrancher said:

Perhaps things have changed

Things have changed, you're correct.  Now, since NCL has made changes to the system for shore excursions, your tour is discounted immediately and you also receive the Latitude discount as well when booking online which means, you pay also for the tour. 

Your OBC can't be used to pay for the tours b/c the balance will be $0. Previously, you could reserve your tour, board the ship, take your tour and immediately receive the discounts (sometimes you needed to visit the Lat. rep on the ship) and any OBC could be used to pay the remainder of the tour cost. 

If you really want to use OBC, you'll need to wait until you've boarded the ship and hope that the tour you want is still available. 

Good luck.

• Like 1

All depends on the cruise and when you initially booked it.  We booked a 2022 TA on the Epic early last month and was able to rebook for the exact same price and perks but added $600 OBC. With 700 more days to the cruise, I'll keep watching the fares and jump on any further discount 😉

• Like 1

When I booked my replacement cruise with FCC the last time the promo included OBC, my PCC told me that it could not be used for excursions or gratuities. Needed to be spent for things on the ship once I was on board. Not sure if this is the case with this promo or not.

12 hours ago, vswan said:

When I booked my replacement cruise with FCC the last time the promo included OBC, my PCC told me that it could not be used for excursions or gratuities. Needed to be spent for things on the ship once I was on board. Not sure if this is the case with this promo or not.

OBC from NCL is not permitted to be used for the Daily Service Charge that is charged to each passenger by NCL.  Some people call this "the gratuities".

OBC from NCL cannot be used to purchase shore excursions prior to sailing.  However, once on the ship, you can use the OBC to purchase shore excursions.

This is consistent across all OBC promotions from NCL.

Edited by MeHeartCruising