New SoD 2021 Cruises

wowzz

Like many others,  I got a letter today about the new cruises that will replace the US cruise in September/October 2021.

So, I rang the number on the letter - eventually got through to a very polite lady in the Saga holiday department,  who said that the number supplied was incorrect, and she would have to connect me to the cruise department. She was very apologetic,  but she told me that she had received numerous calls already today, and she was having to redirect them all. For goodness sake - sending out letters with the wrong phone number!  Who signs that off?

Anyway, got through to a feisty booking agent - told her what cabin grade I was looking for - I told her which deck,  but she made it clear  that she knew exactly what deck I was looking for. She gave me the price - unbelievable - over £8500 for 16 days in a very average cabin, and that included £900 FCC, plus 30% discount. Sorry, but  that price is just silly. I can get a suite on a main stream line for that price.

Anyway, just thought I'd vent a little! 

4 hours ago, Jay23 said:

Must be joking.   Presumably you will get any monies back that you have already paid.

Yes, but  might hang on until the 2023 schedule is released. The prices are obviously sky high at the moment because people have so much FCC to spend.

16 hours ago, wowzz said:

Like many others,  I got a letter today about the new cruises that will replace the US cruise in September/October 2021.

So, I rang the number on the letter - eventually got through to a very polite lady in the Saga holiday department,  who said that the number supplied was incorrect, and she would have to connect me to the cruise department. She was very apologetic,  but she told me that she had received numerous calls already today, and she was having to redirect them all. For goodness sake - sending out letters with the wrong phone number!  Who signs that off?

That is quite usual with Saga nowadays. They do not believe in proof-reading before issuing.

I recall that when the cancellations first started, not only was the wrong telephone number on the letter, the information about refunds also related only to land holidays, not to cruise holidays.

Effectively, land holidays would get an automatic refund and had to contact Saga if they wanted to rebook, cruise holidays had to wait for Saga to contact them to discuss the options.

All the cruise holidays got the land holidays information, so the poor holidays people were inundated with telephone calls, and the cruise people were getting quite snippy about receiving transferred calls, telling people they should wait to be contacted.

After much deliberation we decided that we would take the offered cruises as a back to back holiday to replace the 29 night Cruise which was cancelled.

We booked a J grade cabin at a total cost of £5030 each.

Didn't feel that was too bad considering all the extras that are included by Saga.

We have already paid a deposit of over £1740 so have just over £4150pp to pay for 29 nights.

I appreciate things are very difficulty for companies especially with many staff working from home.

Lets hope that with the vaccine we can look forward to a better 2021.

Happy New Year everybody.