Costa internet site

gerryuk

On 2/2/2021 at 10:32 AM, drsel said:

I can't even log in. I guess the website should work by 25 Feb.

So, no income for Costa if no one can book anything!

Is the UK or US call centre working?

The UK call centre is in Italy not the UK, not sure about the US. I have a cruise booked on the Diadema on the 7th April from Rome, 14 night round trip via Istanbul. According to their site the Diadema will start up on the 6th April which tells me that it will Italian ports only. I have paid deposit but not final payment and thankfully i have not paid for airfare or booked hotel. I am going to assume that this cruise is cancelled but will give them a couple of weeks to confirm. I will not be cancelling it myself and loosing the deposit.

14 minutes ago, gerryuk said:

The UK call centre is in Italy not the UK, not sure about the US. I have a cruise booked on the Diadema on the 7th April from Rome, 14 night round trip via Istanbul. According to their site the Diadema will start up on the 6th April which tells me that it will Italian ports only. I have paid deposit but not final payment and thankfully i have not paid for airfare or booked hotel. I am going to assume that this cruise is cancelled but will give them a couple of weeks to confirm. I will not be cancelling it myself and loosing the deposit.

yes please don't cancel and lose any money.

they will cancel it and give you hundred percent fcc with 200 euros onboard credit.

I expect that by summer 2021 the Cruises in Europe will start sailing

I have tried to ring all the phone numbers on the website and they were all cut off after a few rings, no message to let you know whats happening

I have a Cruise booked ( deposit and previous FCC paid on it) for end of March, I know this wont be happening for UK residents but it would be nice to be able to sort it out

Nothing on the UK website works and the app dosnt work either

Not  liking this silence from them

Have emailed them on all the email addresses I have had contact from them in the past, so will wait and see if anything comes from that

Just received this reply from the cruise consultant at Costa I normally deal with in reply to my email

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email .

We are currently experiencing IT technical issues that are affecting the functionality of our systems. Consequently, email traffic, phone and access to our systems  may result disrupted as our IT teams are working to assess the nature of the problem. For this reason we are not able to check your request. We have limited access to our systems now. Our IT department is doing their best to resolve situation as soon as possible.

We will come back to you as soon as we can in order to assist you.

Please be reassured that your request has been taken in charge and that we will contact you back to give you assistance about the status of the booking  as soon as our systems are reinstated. No money will be withdrawn automatically, we never do it.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Seems like some big IT issue if it has been down for over a month!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, latin princess said:

Just received this reply from the cruise consultant at Costa I normally deal with in reply to my email

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your email .

We are currently experiencing IT technical issues that are affecting the functionality of our systems. Consequently, email traffic, phone and access to our systems  may result disrupted as our IT teams are working to assess the nature of the problem. For this reason we are not able to check your request. We have limited access to our systems now. Our IT department is doing their best to resolve situation as soon as possible.

We will come back to you as soon as we can in order to assist you.

Please be reassured that your request has been taken in charge and that we will contact you back to give you assistance about the status of the booking  as soon as our systems are reinstated. No money will be withdrawn automatically, we never do it.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Seems like some big IT issue if it has been down for over a month!

I hope that it is temporary.

No liquidity problem, cos they refunded me quickly.

But now there are no bargains available

Edited by drsel

I think they are also reworking their itinerary and want to avoid taking bookings and then have to deal with cancellations and people being unhappy with itinerary-changes. I have been looking into the world cruise for 2023 January and corresponding with Costa they tell me they let me know when the itinerary and possibility to book is up. Had the itinerary on icruise and liked it and saw it now on a different site without all the Africa ports.  https://scontent-mia3-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/p526x296/143492406_493579241612744_793899162352235909_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=g_K1jSwS4QkAX_fq8m2&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&tp=6&oh=2832d8438ad13e947f1eef92694cd116&oe=6042AC5B

8 hours ago, gerryuk said:

CruiseMapper seem to have comprehensive itineraries for all Costa ships from March onwards, 

Costa Cruises - Ships and Itineraries 2021, 2022, 2023 | CruiseMapper

Not sure if this is correct or not?,  if only Costa would talk to us. 

I think this is correct.

Costa itineraries & prices are also mentioned on many agents websites right now

We have a refund due from Costa that we have waited now for nearly 5 months. The Costa website or apparently theire entire "system" has been down from early december now and they have stopped answering most emails. All they tell anyone is there is some sort of an It problem, but it is really worrying if a big company has a vital system down for over 2 months.

As i have now learned from around the web that there are alot of people that aren't getting refunded by costa. I think there is something wrong now as there has been no official announcement of the It problem. Either there is liquidity problem or the entire company is going down

I have started to adapt to the idea that i'm not getting my refund from Costa, thank god it's just not the entire cruise we paid in advance. I have made a formal complaint to the ECC (Europian Customer Center) of Costa, and they told be they have several complaint allready in the  system, but they can't force Costa to pay. I know some have also complained to ABTA which Costa is a member of

Costa was a nice company and i had no prior problems with them, but i will never ever book with them regardless of if i get my refund or not

11 hours ago, Ansaa said:

We have a refund due from Costa that we have waited now for nearly 5 months. The Costa website or apparently theire entire "system" has been down from early december now and they have stopped answering most emails. All they tell anyone is there is some sort of an It problem, but it is really worrying if a big company has a vital system down for over 2 months.

As i have now learned from around the web that there are alot of people that aren't getting refunded by costa. I think there is something wrong now as there has been no official announcement of the It problem. Either there is liquidity problem or the entire company is going down

I have started to adapt to the idea that i'm not getting my refund from Costa, thank god it's just not the entire cruise we paid in advance. I have made a formal complaint to the ECC (Europian Customer Center) of Costa, and they told be they have several complaint allready in the  system, but they can't force Costa to pay. I know some have also complained to ABTA which Costa is a member of

Costa was a nice company and i had no prior problems with them, but i will never ever book with them regardless of if i get my refund or not

Got to agree.  If any other cruise line's website was effectively down for 6-7 weeks, it would be major news in the cruise world, so I'm not sure why there isn't more news on this.  

I just contacted a Costa bartender.

He said that he received his salary in full, (including service charges), right up to the time that cruising was suspended. He said that all employees have been paid likewise.

They have not informed employees when to report back to work, but he expects them to restart by May 2021.

Since Costa belongs to Carnival corporation, there is very little risk of them stopping cruising permanently.

They've taken billions of dollars in loans to survive without income for 18 months.

it's only a matter of time....

13 hours ago, Ansaa said:

there is a liquidity problem or the entire company is going down

I got my refund quickly.

The entire company will not go down because it belongs to Carnival corporation, with billions of dollars in loans to tide over this crisis for at least 18 months.

The Carnival stock price has recovered from $8 and is now approximately $21

It implies that investors are optimistic.

Edited by drsel

I think that right now Costa can be booked from TA websites, but I am not booking any more Costa Cruises at these current high prices.

Maybe I will if there is a last minute price drop, which does seem quite likely.

Edited by drsel

I usually book whatever cruise goes to the destinations I am looking for at the dates I am considering, so I am not loyal to any cruise-line. Just wanted to book a P&O cruise for summer 2022 and didn't book because the prices were ridiculous. So I think all cruise lines prices will go up to make up for the expenses of all the lost dates. And as my cruise-agent tells me cruises will be fully booked with all the cruisers waiting to be able to go again. The Costa-cruise I am desperately waiting to book is still not available at Agents sites. Had found something similar at another cruise line website but like the Costa itinerary better. Just hope I will not lose out with waiting.

On 2/12/2021 at 10:26 PM, BVILady said:

The Costa-cruise I am desperately waiting to book is still not available at Agents sites. Had found something similar at another cruise line website but like the Costa itinerary better. Just hope I will not lose out with waiting.

Which is this Costa Cruise that you are so desperate to book

Just some comments on the Costa Facebook page.....

Start now to plan the unforgettable experience you’ll live on board of a Costa cruise. 🌅
An example? The perfect combination of art and nature of Malta, with its crystal clear sea and its three unmissable Unesco sites. Or the white beaches and the fascinating nature parks of Palma de Mallorca. We can’t wait to have you on board. #cruisingagain #safelytogether
148272660_2866769630311587_4505714847272

148252657_2866769636978253_4076510521517

148617405_2866769646978252_6226359944356

24 comments
12 shares

Comment

Comments

Most relevant

Write a comment…

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

I would love to plan my next holiday but   COSTA still have our money we paid for the last holiday that was cancelled last March 😡

•  · 
    •  · 3 d

•  

Be absolutely sure if you want to book with   , because the retribution service is really bad. No communication at all, and months waiting to receive your money back!!! If we will ever see it again!!! 🤬

•  · 
    •  · 3 d
    "Most relevant" is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out.
    •  

8iuTX4LlGZO.pngAuthor

Hi Elke, Costa Cruises is facing technical problems that are creating malfunctions on some of our IT systems. Our technicians are working to solve it as soon as possible. We are sorry for this inconvenience. Our Customer Service will reply to you as soon as possible.

•  · 
      •  · 3 d
    •  

I want my deposet i paid one year ago for 2 cabins

•  · 
      •  · 3 d
    •  

technical problems since November 2020??? I would be out of business if it took me this long to reply or act on questions of my customers

•  · 
      •  · 3 d
    •  

really it is bad??? I was planing to try this costa cruise but i see that comments is so bad here

•  · 
      •  · 2 d
    •  

It isn't only the service on board that counts. Customer service in these strange time is also important, so yes, not so great for  ...

•  · 
      •  · 1 d
    "Most relevant" is selected, so some replies may have been filtered out.

Write a reply…

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  •  

Costa, I wait for the refund for a year! 😡 When you will process my Refund? It s the worst service and the worst company! 😡 Shame!!!

•  · 
    •  · 2 d

•  

Have been months trying to rich them and no luck

•  

I am so sorry for your problems. It took about 4 month but we had gotten our deposit back for all 3 cabins we had booked. I hope your problem will be solved soon. I am having the same problem with Alitalia, they send me an e-mail more then a month ago that they process the refund for 1 of the 3 tickets, but it still hasn't reached my credit card. And I am on every travel website I can think off complaining about them. First they had told me, it wasn't refundable because I booked locally (I had booked on their website).

drsel - I will let you know as soon as I was able to book, has limited availability last I saw. Looking at the add above, I had been looking into Malta for 2022 but the only one I found had been the one with P & O. So maybe when Costa opens again I can find a Malta-cruise on there, didn't find in on any wholesaler site.

5 hours ago, BVILady said:

It is back up. was able to book the 2023 World Cruise  - so excited, now just hoping that the 2022 World Cruise and the 2023 will be actually going!!!

Thanks for the vigilance.  I went on there now and can finally search for cruises.  It looks like my April cruise is gone - which is fine with me.  Med cruises only from start of May ( wonder if that's on the UK site only - as we can't currently said with Costa).  

Now that we are slipping down under 10000 cases a day with the lockdowns in the UK and high vaccination numbers, I'm hopeful that Costa and MSC will include the UK soon. 

6 hours ago, ChC said:

Surprising this brand has not been sold to China yet, considering its success in China and almost failure everywhere else.

Their handling of Covid has been appalling from the get-go. However i do not understand your comment about the cruise line being a failure outside China. Where have you come up with that from?

Take away Covid and Costa is a hugely successful brand, they would not be spending billions on new ships every other year, if they were a failure. I have been on a few Costa cruises and have 3 more booked. They are affordable, there ships are beautiful,  many are better than the top end brand cruise lines and they are always busy. I simply don't get your assertion that they are a failure.

• Like 3