Best Pre Cruise Hotel Ft Lauderdale

tnt10

Hi All,

Looking for a recommendation on a a pre cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale.... I know there are many, but just looking for a nice hotel before a special TA and European trip.  Celebrating 40 year anniversary... oh, jeez!!

Thanks

Edited by tnt10

On 1/1/2021 at 3:48 PM, rthomasmke said:

Most of the time we have stayed at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Marina.  If you face the port, you see the ship in the morning.  Nice boardwalk, outdoor bar and pool area. 

thx for the info !!

Have often stayed at Crowne Plaza Hotel/ Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport.

Pros: Large rooms, clean, nice staff members, very close to airport and directly across the street from port entrance, decent restaurant in the hotel, nice pool, shuttle or Uber to port. Free shuttle from airport.

Cons: About a two block walk to Walgreens, fast food places or any other restaurants.

Many other hotels on 17th Street. Have stayed at : Embassy Suites and even Extended Stay America. If you need lots of restaurant choices and shopping, 17th Street hotels are good. 

2 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Have often stayed at Crowne Plaza Hotel/ Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruiseport.

Pros: Large rooms, clean, nice staff members, very close to airport and directly across the street from port entrance, decent restaurant in the hotel, nice pool, shuttle or Uber to port. Free shuttle from airport.

Cons: About a two block walk to Walgreens, fast food places or any other restaurants.

Many other hotels on 17th Street. Have stayed at : Embassy Suites and even Extended Stay America. If you need lots of restaurant choices and shopping, 17th Street hotels are good. 

Thank you!  This at least gives me a starting point....

• 2 weeks later...

We really like the Atlantic Spa on Fort Lauderdale beach.  We find its a central location for bars, restaurants and shops along the front, not too far for a bit of shopping at the Galleria or the other way to Las Olas. It's an older style hotel but the rooms are spacious, there is a nice bar and restaurant and the staff lovely.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 10:37 PM, tnt10 said:

Hi All,

Looking for a recommendation on a a pre cruise hotel in Ft Lauderdale.... I know there are many, but just looking for a nice hotel before a special TA and European trip.  Celebrating 40 year anniversary... oh, jeez!!

Thanks

What’s your budget? What amenities or features are you looking for in a hotel? Ex close to shopping or restaurants? Will you have a car?  I live in the area so I can help point you in the right direction. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2021 at 7:36 AM, SkierRobUMN said:

What’s your budget? What amenities or features are you looking for in a hotel? Ex close to shopping or restaurants? Will you have a car?  I live in the area so I can help point you in the right direction. 

One night pre cruise.  No car.  Amenities:  Clean, Convenient to Cruise Port, decent restaurant(s) nearby.  Budget:  $200/night max.

Thanks!

Edited by tnt10

13 hours ago, tnt10 said:

One night pre cruise.  No car.  Amenities:  Clean, Convenient to Cruise Port, decent restaurant(s) nearby.  Budget:  $200/night max.

Thanks!

What month of year would help. Prices swing widely....

On 2/8/2021 at 9:04 AM, Eric79DAM said:

The Renaissance Cruise Port Hotel is well located 

Agree. For what you have described, the Renaissance is your best bet. Second choice would be the Embassy Suites across the street on 17th Ave. 

Right next door to the Renaissance is a great restaurant called The Boatyard. 

• Like 1

If you like a smaller hotel down at the beach there is a group of hotels called NORTH BEACH VILLAGE. It's about 12 hotels from the 1950s that are restored in various sizes.  Theres a wonderful WINE GARDEN, VEGAN FOOD TRUCK  & A few shops. It's a block away from the beach, a couple if blocks to the gay beach- SEBASTIAN STREET BEACH.

I stayed at several of them last year for a few months & loved it.  They are also in an area w several gay guest houses. Theres also a restaurant called Casablanca Cafe on the ocean that is wonderful....if you want a large hotel there is the Westin Hotel on Ft Lauderdale Beach.

All these locations are only 15 minutes to the airport & 10 minutes to the port using uber, taxi etc.

I recommend Lago Mar for a start to a special trip. It’s located on the beach near the channel from where the cruise ships enter and leave Ft. Lauderdale. Very nice Old Florida vibe there with excellent beach services including cabanas as well as food and beverage service.  We’re planning our fourth trip there for our next pre cruise stay.