Mardi Gras - FTTF Availability?

BoozinCroozin

Just keep looking in the embarkation day excursion area. This was the great advice someone else gave me and they were right. It is strange but on all of the Carnival ships, it seems to pop up and then disappear. Most likely to give those booking later an opportunity to try and get this as well. Enjoy your cruise. 

Edited by Linda the Book Lover

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:59 PM, vwrestler171 said:

I asked John Heald about it and he thought Mardi Gras would have FTTF starting in November 2021, of course things can always change.

Ooooh, I hope this is wrong.  We sail in October.  😞  

I'm still checking on it every morning...sometimes twice a day.  My cruise-mates were "sold" on it the first time we used it on a cruise.  

On 1/2/2021 at 3:48 PM, ObstructedView2 said:

Faster to the Fun is not offered on Carnival Journeys departures, cruises in Europe, nor on cruises from the following home ports: Honolulu, Norfolk, Vancouver, San Diego and San Francisco. 

I wonder why it's not offered at those select ports?

Edited by groundloop

Not really sure if FTTF is all that worth it.  Just to get on the ship isn't. Getting an early arrival time at he terminal doesn't require FTTF.  Maybe getting to your cabin on boarding vs 1:30P would be if you are all carry-on.  Unless you are hitting tender ports over docked ports FTTF won't help getting off the ship.  And as long as Carnival restricts DIY excursions at ports, even on a tender FTTF won't help. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Not really sure if FTTF is all that worth it.  Just to get on the ship isn't. Getting an early arrival time at he terminal doesn't require FTTF.  Maybe getting to your cabin on boarding vs 1:30P would be if you are all carry-on.  Unless you are hitting tender ports over docked ports FTTF won't help getting off the ship.  And as long as Carnival restricts DIY excursions at ports, even on a tender FTTF won't help. 

I only ever consider it now because we have small kids and all the carry-on supplies that go with that.  But with Carnival continuing to raise the price on it every so often, it's becoming less and less attractive.  Plus the kids are getting older and better able to help carry stuff without impeding the boarding process too much.

• Like 2

I saw an interview with the new terminal at PC. What they are claiming is 15 minutes from parking garage to on ship. That is the message they are sending, so FTTF may not be something for Mardi Gras. Of course this statement is in a vacuum for them. There has been no real way to prove or even test it. My guess is that the statement is accurate assuming people show up during their actual boarding window. They could enforce those times which will mean the times could be right.

FTTF will be offered on Mardi Gras.

20210102-154228.jpg

Carnival FTTF Info Located @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

I hope that you are right, but cruise lines have been accepting money for cruises that they know will not sail - why not the same with FTTF.

I seriously dobt that FTTF or priority boadrding will be offered to anyone due to the virus. This bums me because I am a plat, and I reallt enjoy being one of the early ones on the ship.

🙂

On 2/26/2021 at 2:31 PM, crewsweeper said:

Not really sure if FTTF is all that worth it.  

It's not.   SO MANY better things to spend your money on.  That's just my opinion, so please feel free to make it your own.   LOL😃

Edited by HillBilly Bob
add text

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2021 at 7:59 PM, vwrestler171 said:

I asked John Heald about it and he thought Mardi Gras would have FTTF starting in November 2021, of course things can always change.

Has still yet to become available on my Thanksgiving booking. I'd guess at this point it just isn't going to happen for my sailing.

Edited by Jamesatgsu

On 6/22/2021 at 8:06 AM, Jamesatgsu said:

Has still yet to become available on my Thanksgiving booking. I'd guess at this point it just isn't going to happen for my sailing.

I wouldn't expect it either.  Since no one knows when the ships will return to normalcy.