Two Basic Celebrity questions.

Tedferg

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

Please elaborate on costs of Specialty Dining package. I went to X site and saw comments about package but no details.

You need to go on your cruise planner, dining.  On my reflection cruise it is $179. pp  Includes dinners and lunch when offered in speciality restaurants.  Sometimes you have to order onboard.

Edited by Cruise a holic

In our experience when we have prebooked a dining package we have headed straight for one of the speciality restaurants on boarding and arranged our choices. No issues.

Problems arise more if you wait until part way through your cruise and then try to sort, by this time many people may have booked one off meals at full price. Be aware that Tuscan has on our last couple of cruises held a ‘Dine with officers’ event one night and that Murano’s will host 1/2/3 chef’s table events...Add in a couple of Captains tables and availability at peak time becomes more limited....

We do book our speciality dining with itinerary in mind...Tuscan is great when leaving a port (great wake views). In our opinion Murano’s is best after a port day or a short port day...The meal is longer and an event in itself, you want to be fresh enough to enjoy. LPC has set time dining so look at show times/music event before committing yourself! We love Celebrity speciality dining and hope you do too!

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

You need to go on your cruise planner, dining.  On my reflection cruise it is $179. pp  Includes dinners and lunch when offered in speciality restaurants.  Sometimes you have to order onboard.

I assume you need to have a cruise booked to be able to do this. i.e. no way to see price options for Specialty packages prior to making a booking.

Just now, Tedferg said:

I assume you need to have a cruise booked to be able to do this. i.e. no way to see price options for Specialty packages prior to making a booking.

Yes there is, just peruse and dig into the website.  Dining options and costs are there.

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Yes there is, just peruse and dig into the website.  Dining options and costs are there.

However just fyi, sometimes you cannot buy this package until you board.  If interested go to a restaurant reservation kiosk to book as they sell a limited number of unlimited dining packages 

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Thanks, details are not important at this time. We can follow up if/when we book. It is good to know this option exists.

BTW I did a deep dive on website and the best I could find was a link that describes Dining Packages in general but no specifics.

18 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, details are not important at this time. We can follow up if/when we book. It is good to know this option exists.

BTW I did a deep dive on website and the best I could find was a link that describes Dining Packages in general but no specifics.

Huh?  Your OP was seeming, at least to me, asking for details.  If they are not important at this time, why bother with asking the questions...

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

However just fyi, sometimes you cannot buy this package until you board.  If interested go to a restaurant reservation kiosk to book as they sell a limited number of unlimited dining packages 

The Unlimited Dining  package was discontinued a while back.  Now the packages are from 3 Nights up to as many nights as your cruise.  The more nights the larger the discount.  You can also now purchase dinner at one of the Specialty Restaurants for the first night of the cruise at a discount and book a time when you purchase via the Cruise Planner.  
We have a  cruise booked for Oct on the Infinity and the 3 night pkg is $129pp, 4 nights $149pp ,  6 night $204pp

The cruise planner isn’t showing dining pricing for our 2022 cruises yet.

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Huh?  Your OP was seeming, at least to me, asking for details.  If they are not important at this time, why bother with asking the questions...

Sorry for confusion, I meant that I could not find Dining Package pricing but that detail was not so important to continue pursuing it. Basically I had enough information to procede

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

The Unlimited Dining  package was discontinued a while back.  Now the packages are from 3 Nights up to as many nights as your cruise.  The more nights the larger the discount.  You can also now purchase dinner at one of the Specialty Restaurants for the first night of the cruise at a discount and book a time when you purchase via the Cruise Planner.  
We have a  cruise booked for Oct on the Infinity and the 3 night pkg is $129pp, 4 nights $149pp ,  6 night $204pp

The cruise planner isn’t showing dining pricing for our 2022 cruises yet.

We were on the harmony January 2020 and we had the unlimited dining package

45 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We were on the harmony January 2020 and we had the unlimited dining package

Isn’t the Harmony a Royal ship?  We are talking Celebrity and they discontinued their UDP probably in 2017 or 2018. 

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Isn’t the Harmony a Royal ship?  We are talking Celebrity and they discontinued their UDP probably in 2017 or 2018. 

Yes- I corrected.  However on previous celebrity sailings, we have had unlimited dining.  We sail in suites, but prefer dinner in a speciality restaurant.  Luminae good for lunch and breakfast- but we really prefer the sp restaurants, especially on reflection and silhouette as our favorite is the Lawn Club Grill.  We can dine at the Lawn Club Grill multiple nights and vary our menu-

On 1/3/2021 at 2:35 AM, Tedferg said:

We are long time Princess cruisers and have sailed once on Celebrity. We see an attractive Celebrity itinerary and would like help clarifying a couple of points. From our prior cruise I feel that Concierge offers very little above Veranda - do you agree ? Also I believe Celebrity now includes Drinks and Gratuities etc. in base price. However when I did a mock booking I was offered an upgrade to Premium drinks, so does standard fare only include a reduced drink menu ?

100 % agree! IMHO Concierge is not worth any extra money - especially on S class.

Some book it for the extra loyalty points. 

We much prefer Aqua because of its own smaller dining room "Blu".

But I would not book it for the diffrence in price you mentioned later on. 

Regarding Beverage Package... we have always been fine with the classic package - the one now included. If there´s that one rare special drink we would like and it´s not included, we just pay the difference.

So my recommendation would be to not worry about it now. Wait till you go on board, look at the menus and see how often - if at all - you would have drinks which are not included.If it´s just aa few times you can still decide to just pay the difference in price for the drink. If you think it suits you better, you can still upgrade on board. However, if you upgrade, you should do it within the first days.

I have a Baltic cruise on Reflection booked for August.

As a taster heres a few prices for Specialty Dining Package.

3 nts=£100

6 nts=£159

12 nts=£294

The more you book the bigger the discount.

For the one off dinners...

Tuscan Grill=£35

Murano =£39

Lawn Club Grill =£35

LPC =£42

4 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

I have a Baltic cruise on Reflection booked for August.

As a taster heres a few prices for Specialty Dining Package.

3 nts=£100

6 nts=£159

12 nts=£294

The more you book the bigger the discount.

For the one off dinners...

Tuscan Grill=£35

Murano =£39

Lawn Club Grill =£35

LPC =£42

Thank you, I was wondering about one off prices. Can someone please give what X charges in $. The exchange rate favors the Pound currently. Your 3nts @ P100 would be $136 at today's rate versus the $129 that was posted earlier.

We are on the Transpacific on Solstice to Japan in Sept. these are the dining packages

One time. Murano 50

Tuscan Grille  45

Sushi on 5. A la carte

Le Petite Chef. 49.50

Speciality package  3 night. 129

4 night 149

6 night 204

8 night 265

12 night 378

14 night 418.  
Enjoy your cruise if you’re decide to go. I do like Blu and Aqua.  We are doing Aqua on this cruise but got a great deal. Louise

On 1/4/2021 at 6:49 AM, Cruise a holic said:

If you cannot upgrade to a Sky suite, on S class, it really is like previously stated fluff.  I also wouldn't recommend AQ as the perks are also fluff and the cost not worth it IMO.  If you aren't concerned with points, book a well located Balcony cabin, reserve unlimited specialty dining-  So much better then blu.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Mine happens to be very different than yours.  I agree about the majority of AQ perks, unless you really like the spa and happen to be on S class (the M class spa leaves a lot to be desired).  But I really love Blu - in fact I much prefer it over Luminae in general.   I like specialty restaurants but can't imagine eating at one every night - way too much and too rich food and a much longer eating experience generally.  And specialty restaurants don't serve breakfast.  I really enjoy being able to eat breakfast in Blu as opposed to the buffet (and I don't care for room service).  There is no right answer - it just depends on your preference.

Edited by phoenix_dream
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Mine happens to be very different than yours.  I agree about the majority of AQ perks, unless you really like the spa and happen to be on S class (the M class spa leaves a lot to be desired).  But I really love Blu - in fact I much prefer it over Luminae in general.   I like specialty restaurants but can't imagine eating at one every night - way too much and too rich food and a much longer eating experience generally.  And specialty restaurants don't serve breakfast.  I really enjoy being able to eat breakfast in Blu as opposed to the buffet (and I don't care for room service).  There is no right answer - it just depends on your preference.

Le Grand Bistro and Eden serve breakfast

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I found a comparison of Beverage packages on X site and am sure Classic package would be fine.

Remember you can also bring two bottles of wine (including champagne) on board. If you open them in your room there is no cost, in the dining room there is a corkage fee ($25?)...May be worth bringing a decent bottle on board for a special evening!

On 1/2/2021 at 8:48 PM, miched said:

Don’t jump at the upgrade.   You need to evaluate the cost.   Upgrade to premium is $10 plus $2 gratuity being $12/day pp. one person can upgrade or both.    The extra SBC may not be worth it as you need to spend it on over priced items or stuff you don’t want 

You can always upgrade on board.   

just something to think about

C Class is worth it if you are in a M class ship as the cabin is a little larger.

On the S class and Edge Class it is not worth much as the cabins are the same size.   

Most of the perks are fluff.   I don’t feel the lunch on embarkation is worth a lot.  If there isn’t much difference in cost than take the  C Class.  You get extra Captain Club points  for what they are worth

you need to evaluate it.   You sailed before 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

The upgrade also upgrades the voom package to “streaming” giving you an option to bad cruise tv. I like Pluto for the off ship tv programming.