Clean Laundromat in Port Canaveral

joand452

Happy New Year to All!  Hoping we'll get back to "normal" this summer, and start traveling again.  DH retired on May 1, 2020, and had two cruises booked and canceled.  We had a number of other trips canceled, too.  As I'm sure everyone did!

Fingers crossed we'll be sailing out of Port Everglades on X Apex on April 16, 2022, returning on April 23 and driving to Port Canaveral to board Harmony of the Seas on April 24, 2022.  We thought we might do some laundry on that Saturday.  We haven't decided on a place to stay the night of April 23, 2022, and would like to see if anyone knows of any decent laundromats in the area.

We were supposed to do Apex and Symphony this April/May, but decided to do the lift and shift before final payment this month.  

Thank you for your help!

There are a few brand new hotels in Port Canaveral Springhill Suites is one of them and they have an onsite coin operated laundry. 

There is also " Cape Laundry" about a mile from the port.  ( directly on A1A)  It has several different size  machines, an attendant on duty and is very clean.

Port Canaveral Springhill Suites 

concur this place is VERY near the RCCL terminal <under 10 minutes>, brand new and features guest laundry .... this is the way I'd go ......

Drive up, check in .... do some laundry where you can wait in your room rather than sit in a laundromat (we don't have the kind with a bar attached here in cocoa!!!!) 

Edited by Capt_BJ

1 minute ago, Capt_BJ said:

Springhill Suites 

On 1/3/2021 at 4:41 PM, Charles4515 said:

Fairfields,

And Courtyards, as well.  Check before you leave home.  You may not need to bring detergent or dryer sheets with you.  My experience that these Marriott affiliated brands usually--not always--but, usually provide free small boxes of Tide if you ask at the Front Desk.  

A laundromat with an attached bar!  Why didn't I think of that? 

you must not read W.E.B Griffin's books ...... such a laundromat concept was prominent in one of the later books in the Badge of Honor series . . . SUDZIE'S  😁

15 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

you must not read W.E.B Griffin's books ...... such a laundromat concept was prominent in one of the later books in the Badge of Honor series . . . SUDZIE'S  😁

When the libraries up here let us back in I will have to check him out in the fiction section.

I prefer his older stuff

his first one's were published under the name John Dugan .... his first series was Badge of Honor about Phili' police department ... one of his last books was still in this series

I first found his Army series, Brotherhood of War which I 'devoured' once I found it and have read many times (it is pop corn reading but I find new little details every time)

His Marines series was 'The Corps' and I like that one too alto I find the later ones to get a lil empty

don't care for his stuff after this as much, put there was plenty.

His section in the library should be large ..... but I advise pick a series and read 'em in order lest you get confused.

4 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

but I advise pick a series and read 'em in order lest you get confused.

Not familiar with this author, but such advice applies to others who write a series of novels.  Tom Clancy first comes to mind, but there are others as well.  The gentleman that began the Gray Man series also is one I remember.  Excellent story tellers, but, I think. it helps to start at the beginning in order to become acquainted with the main characters.  It helps to make the more recent books more understandable and, at least for me, appreciated.  

trivia point

Forester did NOT write the Hornblower series "in chronological order" . . . . the last written was actually incomplete and appears in the middle of the timeline.  Which one?

Some say it is better to read them in the order written vs time line . . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ