Area around Springhill Suites FLL

thegoaliegirl

Considering the Springhill Suites for a late arrival into FLL the day before a cruise. I noticed on google maps there are shops across the street but the walking map (from google maps) says it will take 1 1/2 hrs to walk there. Is it possible to walk across the street in a normal amount of time? Or is it a busy street where you can’t safely cross? Thank you!

A03703F9-AD47-4C37-9328-597401FE0B5D.jpeg

stayed there several years ago, never again. old rooms ,broken doors, could see into hall around door jam. They may have fixed it up by now? The mall was a very long walk each way & heard that a lot of shops have closed!  ,Ended up eating at a M D's across the street, not pleased!

Our family has stayed there twice the night before we head out on a cruise.  We safely walked across the street to a diner.  My husband bought a few items at a K-mart, I think, but it must have closed.  It is an easy walk across the street.

It looks like there is a Chipotle on the same side as the hotel.  You wouldn't have to cross the street.

On 1/3/2021 at 4:51 PM, thegoaliegirl said:

Considering the Springhill Suites for a late arrival into FLL the day before a cruise. I noticed on google maps there are shops across the street but the walking map (from google maps) says it will take 1 1/2 hrs to walk there. Is it possible to walk across the street in a normal amount of time? Or is it a busy street where you can’t safely cross? Thank you!

A03703F9-AD47-4C37-9328-597401FE0B5D.jpeg

We stayed there for a couple of nights last January and thought it was OK, especially for the price.  Some of those mapping directions are less than useless.  I have attached an overhead view and you can see the cross walks if you feel like going to the mall.... there isn’t much there.  If you’re getting in during the evening and just looking for something to eat try the Burger King, Chipotles or McDs.... probably won’t kill you and it is quick, safe and easy.  Shuttle runs regularly, I think it was $8 per person but who knows now, just make sure you sign up on arrival at the hotel.

FD99D26B-CDA7-47CF-95B7-460AC3D3341A.png