Suite lounges

14 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Hang on. New ship. Either it’s the CL or SL. If it’s a SL, nobody was ever kicked out of the CL nor was it converted or renamed. How do you know it’s a SL?

M8

Agree. As we speak no one has been kicked out of the lounge. 🤣 Currently it's listed as a CL on RCs website which as we all know isn't always up to date . Figured when cruising resumes it will have been renamed during the shutdown and as other ships in the fleet were being renamed or changed over from the CL to SL prior to CV-19. If the CL nameplate is sill there and when cruising resumes the LA will take a piece of masking tape and cover the CL nameplate and write with a sharpie SL on the masking tape. 🤣

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

30 years ago - I had no lounge and must have been perfectly happy as I've sailed many times since.

Same here. 🍷 As a matter of fact 30 years ago this month. 🍷Thanks for the memory jogger. 

Edited by davekathy

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. As we speak no one has been kicked out of the lounge. 🤣 Currently it's listed as a CL on RCs website which as we all know isn't always up to date . Figured when cruising resumes it will have been renamed during the shutdown and as other ships in the fleet were being renamed or changed over from the CL to SL prior to CV-19. If the CL nameplate is sill there and when cruising resumes the LA will take a piece of masking tape and cover the CL nameplate and write with a sharpie SL on the masking tape. 🤣

I agree but your “Odyssey CL is now a SL” is similar to we were kicked out of the CL narrative.  

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Honestly - at this point who cares about the name on a lounge door!    I simply hope to get back on any ship and would gladly give up a lounge for the chance to sail again.  When I started sailing 30 years ago - I had no lounge and must have been perfectly happy as I've sailed many times since.  Recently, (well that is relative) we sailed ships ( Empress and Majesty)  with NO LOUNGE.  

M

That is great that you don't care about the lounge, alphawave has booked a GS and is interested in using the suite lounge.  Your cruising history really doesn't apply to their simple question.

18 hours ago, alphawave1 said:

My sister we and I are booked on a b2b April cruise in a Grand suite. We will have had Covid vaccine. 
Any  word if the Suite lounge will be open?

Yes, your accommodation  should allow access to the suite or concierge  lounge.  Some ships have  a suite lounge for suite guests and some have a concierge lounge for suite guests.      We sailed Grandeur  last in 8/2019  and I think the lounge was called Concierge Lounge.

At this point, there is no way  to know  what will be open on a ship.  

enjoy

M

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is great that you don't care about the lounge, alphawave has booked a GS and is interested in using the suite lounge.  Your cruising history really doesn't apply to their simple question.

Yes - you are correct -  I made a separate post  addressing   OP's question.  

However, there were numerous posts about concierge lounges/suite lounges/ etc.  I stand by the comments that I don't  care what it is called.  

AND, if I recall, the lounge in Grandeur might be called the  concierge lounge.  At least it was the last time we sailed Grandeur in 2019.  

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

The Odyssey CL is now the SL.

Thanks Dave. 🙂  I did not see that, pulled up website deck plans and still said CL.   Interesting.  Though, IMHO...I don't see where there is a difference between CL and SL anyway...now that D+ is kicked out of the CLs on most ships.  Kind of same set up, different name.  😉 

Just now, island lady said:

Thanks Dave. 🙂  I did not see that, pulled up website deck plans and still said CL.   Interesting.  Though, IMHO...I don't see where there is a difference between CL and SL anyway...now that D+ is kicked out of the CLs on most ships.  Kind of same set up, different name.  😉 

Pat, read my post #26. Maybe a WAG on my part. 🥴

21 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Oh you so bad....  😉 

• Haha 1

Odyssey deck plans say CL but other literature says SL.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/things-to-do

Scroll down to bars and lounges.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/things-to-do/suite-lounge

The "fact" sheet also says SL.

89896486_OdysseyFactSheet.thumb.jpg.ae856a96d9f14a1bc8eab34d3632f5fd.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/odyssey-of-the-seas/things-to-do/suite-lounge

Potato...Potado....still same set up, clothed in different names.  😉 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

But wait. If a ship NEVER had a CL, then it’s impossible to get kicked out of the CL. Harmony and Symphony, NEVER had a CL but people still complained they were kicked out of the CL on those ships. 😇

M8

37 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I was still interested in the difference between SL and CL, and decided to not be lazy.  Did some googling and found this interesting thread 🙂 Suite Lounge vs. Concierge Lounge? - Royal Caribbean International - Cruise Critic Community

On the ships you've been on in the past, did you like the SL or the CL and if you are D or higher the DL better? IOO on the ships we've been on we've liked the DL or the CL mainly due to location. So we always went to the DL on those ships. We've never done a suite so I don't know if there's any difference as far as additional perks/benefits. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I just want to see what’s posted outside the door? 😎

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I just want to see what’s posted outside the door? 😎

Or if the Odyssey nameplate still says CL and D+ are not allowed. 😎 To some this matters, for us not at all.  We have always been happy and preferred the DL on the ships we've been on.  We hope on our next (?) RC cruise we will still have access to the DL. As Bob Daylen sang, "The times, they are a changin".  

4 hours ago, twangster said:

I think it's probable during the initial restart.  Sure there will be pushback in which case they might dedicate a venue to Pinnacles like they do on any cruise with high top cruisers. 

The bumper cars would work ,all fighting for the window seats.

• Haha 3