Suite lounges

24 minutes ago, island lady said:

Original post from the OP...do you see any reference to Odyssey here?🤔

My sister we and I are booked on a b2b April cruise in a Grand suite. We will have had Covid vaccine. 
Any  word if the Suite lounge will be open?

I saw that but Morphed to discussion about Odyssey 

And just when I thought we were getting along  😎

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

And just when I thought we were getting along  😎

LOL- you can blame me for morphing this into and Odyssey discussion 🙂  It's my current obsession, now that I finally have a trip to plan again....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was referencing that most of the CLs on most of the ships have kicked D+ out...thus there would be no difference now between those and an SL. 

This was a conversation between my friend Dave and I, and the fact CL is still shown on the most of the deck plans of the new Odyssey (including RCI).  Once we board and find it is called one or the other...it will still have NO difference as to set up...no matter what it is called...so does it matter?  

Still not sure what you are driving at.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

LOL- you can blame me for morphing this into and Odyssey discussion 🙂  It's my current obsession, now that I finally have a trip to plan again....

I see you are on in February....we are on B2B 1/29/22 and 2/6/22.  🙂 

12 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thanks. I was pretty sure we were talking about Odyssey. Nobody knows for sure if they will have a CL or SL or both. My point was, if they NEVER had a CL, OR the CL was removed, it’s impossible to be KICKED OUT. 

M8

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, island lady said:

I see you are on in February....we are on B2B 1/29/22 and 2/6/22.  🙂 

So jealous!  Wish we could do aB2B!  I think we will be doing the 2/6, but haven't officially booked yet...  We are using a TA (normally we just do it on our own, but in these "unprecedented times",  we wanted a TA's help if we needed to lift and shift or something), and are awaiting her final proposal.  We will book before the end of the month for sure though, so we can get our double points 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So jealous!  Wish we could do aB2B!  I think we will be doing the 2/6, but haven't officially booked yet...  We are using a TA (normally we just do it on our own, but in these "unprecedented times",  we wanted a TA's help if we needed to lift and shift or something), and are awaiting her final proposal.  We will book before the end of the month for sure though, so we can get our double points 🙂

Kind of strange with the B2B on this one...being 8 night then 6 night...but still adds up to 14 nights.  😉

My sister is joining us for the 6 night on 2/6 to celebrate her anniversary.  

I am just soooo tired of all the cancellations.  Hoping the ones I have "thrown against the wall" will start to stick now.  Have Allure and Mariner booked for May...but seriously doubt those will go.  😞 

Hope we both get to go, and I know you will have a fantabulously good time!!  🤗

• Like 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Kind of strange with the B2B on this one...being 8 night then 6 night...but still adds up to 14 nights.  😉

I am just soooo tired of all the cancellations.  Hoping the ones I have "thrown against the wall" will start to stick now.  Have Allure and Mariner booked for May...but seriously doubt those will go.  😞 

We are thinking of doing B2b currently have 8 days on Allure in end of November and next cruise is 6 days. 

• Like 1

Many years ago in 2011 we did a  B2B Caribbean cruises on the Liberty and it was a 8 and 6 combo. Man the second leg went by way to fast. But as you said, it still adds up to 14 nights. We liked the DL on the Liberty. The DLC was one of the best. Very personable and engaging with his guests. The SL is now where the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine use to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Many years ago in 2011 we did a  B2B Caribbean cruises on the Liberty and it was a 8 and 6 combo. Man the second leg went by way to fast. But as you said, it still adds up to 14 nights. We liked the DL on the Liberty. The DLC was one of the best. Very personable and engaging with his guests. The SL is now where the Seven Hearts and Cloud Nine use to be.

Yup, we way preferred the DL on sister Freedom to the CL...at that time the "dark closet" with no windows.  Even with the bulldozing of the old CL to put the SL on top deck...still liked the DL better.  😉 

Yup, we way preferred the DL on sister Freedom to the CL...at that time the "dark closet" with no windows.  Even with the bulldozing of the old CL to put the SL on top deck...still liked the DL better.  😉 

Bulldozing?  CL’s are mostly going to be a thing of the past. Hopefully soon you will be P. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree. We also preferred the DL over the CL on the Freedom (B2B March 2019). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

I really like the DL on the Freedom class ships. Unfortunately, they lost their outside seating when the SLs got added to the crown. The SL got the outside seating where the staging for the rockwall used to be and the staging area was moved to where the DL outside area ised to be.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I really like the DL on the Freedom class ships. Unfortunately, they lost their outside seating when the SLs got added to the crown. The SL got the outside seating where the staging for the rockwall used to be and the staging area was moved to where the DL outside area ised to be.

Agree. I believe we were on one of the last Freedom cruises before she was AMPED. 

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Bulldozing?  CL’s are mostly going to be a thing of the past. Hopefully soon you will be P. 

Rather flowery way to say they "tore it out". 😉 Was interesting, but didn't like the closed in feel of the CL in the middle of suites deck on both Mariner and Freedom that I remember.  They put 4-5 inside cabins in that space now, putting SL on VCL deck.  Still feels weird not to see them there.   

I have been just one cruise away from Pinnie since shut down, originally supposed to have turned last May.  If and when cruising starts again...then I will finally cross that line.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. We also preferred the DL over the CL on the Freedom (B2B March 2019). 

Love those floor to ceiling windows in the DL on both Freedom and Mariner DL.  🤗 Though I think Mariner had a bit smaller DL in that spot...can't remember.  Have Mariner booked, but no idea if it will go...guessing not.  

Next cruise would for us then would be B2B Harmony Nov/Dec. 

16 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't really like the SL on Freedom or Mariner...was long and narrow that I remember.  Agree...the DL felt more welcoming.  🙂  Plus enjoyed overflow into the bar area of the VCL as as well.  

Just now, island lady said:

Love those floor to ceiling windows in the DL on both Freedom and Mariner DL.  🤗 Though I think Mariner had a bit smaller DL in that spot...can't remember.  Have Mariner booked, but no idea if it will go...guessing not.  

Next cruise would for us then would be B2B Harmony Nov/Dec. 

Keep your glass full and your rose colored glasses on at all times. Well at least until final payment is due. 🍷😍 Of course there is always your crystal ball and my Magic 8 Ball.🔮 🎱 Other than those two sources I will wait until the cruise line(s) to tell me if we are going or not. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Keep your glass full and your rose colored glasses on at all times. Well at least until final payment is due. 🍷😍 Of course there is always your crystal ball and my Magic 8 Ball.🔮 🎱 Other than those two sources I will wait until the cruise line(s) to tell me if we are going or not. 

Yeah, hope it happens at some point.   My suitcases are getting really...really lonely.  They asked if they were in "time out" or something for being bad.  😉 

On 1/4/2021 at 1:29 PM, davekathy said:

Agree. As we speak no one has been kicked out of the lounge. 🤣 Currently it's listed as a CL on RCs website which as we all know isn't always up to date . Figured when cruising resumes it will have been renamed during the shutdown and as other ships in the fleet were being renamed or changed over from the CL to SL prior to CV-19. If the CL nameplate is sill there and when cruising resumes the LA will take a piece of masking tape and cover the CL nameplate and write with a sharpie SL on the masking tape. 🤣

There is at least one graphic floating around that states Odyssey has a Suite Lounge

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2021 at 1:30 PM, davekathy said:

Same here. 🍷 As a matter of fact 30 years ago this month. 🍷Thanks for the memory jogger. 

We are 32 years this month. 

First cruise was January 1989

Second baby was November 1989

• Like 1