Question about bring drinks on board

Virgincruiser06

Ok, I have searched the threads about this but none seem to answer my question. If I do bring a 6 pack of diet pepsi with me (some said carnival would let me on with it), how do I pack it for the airline that tells you please no food or beverage in your luggage? Do I put it on my carry on? Will they allow it there?

Also, not to sound cheap, but some talk about bringing their own wine on board (2 bottles maybe) and carnival charges a cork fee. What if I want to brink Boones farm ;) (for those that don't know, very cheap wine), sorry but it's the only kind I like, I've tried very expensive ones and always go back to my boones (what can I say, I'm a cheap drunk, LOL!), will they allow me to bring that on, will they charge me a fee per bottle? And how do I pack that in my suitcase to get on the airline?

Same question with alcohol bought in ports and bringing it home.

Thanks for helping!:)

Will you have time to stop at a store before heading to the pier? That is what we plan on doing so we don't have to pack this for the airplane. If not, I would put in my carryon. No need to "smuggle", it is allowed. Yes you can take Boones Farm, and they may or may not charge the $10 corkage fee if you carry it to the dining room. If you drink in your cabin you will not be charged.

"Corkage" is not a service charge for them to open the bottle, it is to make up for the money they did not make by selling you the bottle. So it can be charged even if you open it yourself.

I subscribe to a couple of wine newsletters, and actually, the screw cap is now being applied to fine wine more and more. The natural cork is subject to fungus that taints the wine. A synthetic cork is an improvement, but a screw cap is actually the best closure - but people still associate it with "Boone's Farm!"

Yes, you are allowed to bring some Diet Pepsi, as well as a bottle or two of wine, onto the ship at embarkation. I don't know that I'd take a bottle of Boone's Farm to the formal dining room, but that's up to you.;) Why not pour it into a wine glass and carry it with you into the dining room?

About the airline, you might want to check with them about the Pepsi and wine. I really don't know, but I would imagine they're afraid there would be leakage in your checked luggage, ruining not only your clothing, but other passengers' as well. See if you can take it in your carry-on bag.

I always take frozen gumbo, ettouffee`, and jambalaya when I fly out to L.A., but I take it in an insulated tote bag as a carry-on. I've never had a reason to take beverages.

Archived