Equinox May 16 2021

tommy

We are on Equinox May 23 2021 I was looking to make this a B2B I wanted to go on cruise prior to May 23 Ther are cruises on May 2 May 9 and May 23  Where is ship between May 16 and May 23

Celebrity website shows the Equinox had a 5/14/21 9 day sailing to Aruba but that has been cancelled.  
https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

My guess is that Celebrity appears to be following some earlier CDC thought that cruises would be limited to 7 days or less (as some European cruise lines have successfully done) and have cancelled or modified all others.  The only way to know for sure is call Celebrity or you TA.  

24 minutes ago, RickT said:

Celebrity website shows the Equinox had a 5/14/21 9 day sailing to Aruba but that has been cancelled.  
https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising

My guess is that Celebrity appears to be following some earlier CDC thought that cruises would be limited to 7 days or less (as some European cruise lines have successfully done) and have cancelled or modified all others.  The only way to know for sure is call Celebrity or you TA.  

Tried the link, but Celebrity says that the page no longer exists. SMH.

24 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Tried the link, but Celebrity says that the page no longer exists. SMH.

Odd. Just tried it again on my iPad and it took me directly to the page.  
Here is a screen shot.  I also got to the same page by clicking the Health and Travel alerts banner at the top of the main page.

B5DCA700-9F37-4996-BEF5-593431232ACD.png

30AE2DCF-E1DC-415D-91F1-8C254DA03DEB.png

13 minutes ago, RickT said:

Odd. Just tried it again on my iPad and it took me directly to the page.  
Here is a screen shot.  I also got to the same page by clicking the Health and Travel alerts banner at the top of the main page.

B5DCA700-9F37-4996-BEF5-593431232ACD.png

30AE2DCF-E1DC-415D-91F1-8C254DA03DEB.png

I tried your link again with the same result:

118202539_ScreenShot2021-01-04at12_15_32PM.thumb.png.f54928b6bab695c9b38270bf4a83cb9d.png

So I went to the website without following your link, and worked my way to the Cruising Suspension page without difficulty. Hmmm....

Then I compared my url for the page and the url provided in your link, and found a minor difference:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/ca/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising (Your url)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/ca/travel-alert/voluntary-suspension-of-cruising  (My url)

As you can see, they are identical other than the fact that your url includes gb/.  I'm not sure how you were able to get the UK webpage designator into your url along with the Canadian designator, but that appears to be what throws off my attempts to follow your link.

So, your link works fine if I delete "gb/", or if I delete "ca/" for that matter and go to the UK website; you just can't have both.

• Like 1

Yet another unexplained X website issue.  We should start a drinking game, whenever the X website gives a wrong/strange response you drink!  Easy enough unless you need to drive anywhere.  

As a side note, I personally love how the error page has a picture of The Century, a ship that left the fleet in 2015.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickT said:

Yet another unexplained X website issue.  We should start a drinking game, whenever the X website gives a wrong/strange response you drink!  Easy enough unless you need to drive anywhere.  

As a side note, I personally love how the error page has a picture of The Century, a ship that left the fleet in 2015.

LOL. I think their IT team is several rounds ahead of us in playing the game!

Photos on the website can be quite interesting. Two or three years ago, on a page for Alaskan cruises, they had a photo of Blue Rocks. I used to do a lot of sea kayaking there when we lived in Halifax, and couldn't believe that they'd take a photo from Nova Scotia and try to pass it off as Alaska.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I do not get why people cannot do a back to back?  If they are healthy, Covid negative and have already been on the ship without getting ill after the first leg of the back to back, why would the second leg be more of a risk?  

My understanding is that limiting cruises to 7 days or less and not allowing B2B is an attempt to reduce the risk of an outbreak onboard.  Since most people won’t show any signs of being infected when they board it will still be possible that someone is in fact infected and transmitting Covid because of the 10-14 day period for symptoms to show.  By keeping cruises to 7 days or less it would then make it more likely that if anyone were affected they wouldn’t have symptoms until after departure.

Same theory if someone were to be in contact with Covid while in port.

So, IMHO it’s simply to reduce the chances of an outbreak on board even if someone on board has Covid and is passing it on to others.  Guess they don’t want more news reports of ships full of Covid positive passengers stuck on board stranded ships.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RickT said:

My understanding is that limiting cruises to 7 days or less and not allowing B2B is an attempt to reduce the risk of an outbreak onboard.  Since most people won’t show any signs of being infected when they board it will still be possible that someone is in fact infected and transmitting Covid because of the 10-14 day period for symptoms to show.  By keeping cruises to 7 days or less it would then make it more likely that if anyone were affected they wouldn’t have symptoms until after departure.

Same theory if someone were to be in contact with Covid while in port.

So, IMHO it’s simply to reduce the chances of an outbreak on board even if someone on board has Covid and is passing it on to others.  Guess they don’t want more news reports of ships full of Covid positive passengers stuck on board stranded ships.

However the passengers could spread to staff members week one, making them transmit to new guests.  I would assume all crew members get tested before new passengers arrive.  This should include pier workers 

• 2 weeks later...