Happy New Year - anyone else booked for 2021?

piratelooksat45

Happy New Year fellow Seadreamers! Once we heard the vaccine was approved, we took a gamble and booked for the week after Thanksgiving. Anyone else booked for 2021? I knew I loved traveling and specifically Seadream, but I didn't realize how much until the lockdown. Here's to a 2021 that with each month, gets us a little closer to normal. It's fun to have a count down again - 327 days to go! 

DSC_0238.JPG

Edited by piratelooksat45
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We keep being tempted, as like all here we are getting cabin fever, haven’t left the county in almost a year now, etc. ... but absent a vaccine, not just for us but for many others, the cold reality is at least for us the risks outweigh the benefits of booking ... we keep in touch with some crew, who are struggling, and we hope to come back to SD soon ... but only when it is clearly safe to do so!

13 hours ago, JES4845 said:

We keep being tempted, as like all here we are getting cabin fever, haven’t left the county in almost a year now, etc. ... but absent a vaccine, not just for us but for many others, the cold reality is at least for us the risks outweigh the benefits of booking ... we keep in touch with some crew, who are struggling, and we hope to come back to SD soon ... but only when it is clearly safe to do so!

We are in the same boat.  Or should I say we aren't in the same boat.  Anyway, we just cancelled our spring sailing, with the hope that we will be able to rebook the same type of itinerary for 2022.  We've been talking about winter 2021-2022, but we just don't have a level of confidence yet.  We will need to do some type of vacation then, but there are lots of options if we can't get on SD when we want.

We have a barge trip scheduled for the fall, that was originally for last April.  With only a dozen people on board, the barge should be okay.  Getting there and back, however, is our major worry.

We are booked on the fall crossing in November and are hoping that things have settled down a bit by then.  Actually, we booked it on our last cruise before things began to shut down last year.  We just saw no reason to cancel it yet, hoping for the best.

Also, because we are "old" we have received the first vaccine and are scheduled for the second one in a few weeks.  It is quite a feeling of relief to get this done.

• Like 2

We already booked back to backs at the end of March 2022, hoping that things will be better by then. Had our first vaccine last week, and hope to be able to find somewhere to get the second one next month. By next March, we'll need another one if Covid19 is still around.

14 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

We already booked back to backs at the end of March 2022, hoping that things will be better by then. Had our first vaccine last week, and hope to be able to find somewhere to get the second one next month. By next March, we'll need another one if Covid19 is still around.

See you like we are in Florida.  My wife got her first shot and they booked her second shot while she was there for the first.  Others in Florida have had the same experience.  You might want to check with where you got the first one so they know to book you and save supply to get you the second shot!

Jealous of those here booking or keeping already booked trips - hope to join you soon! We are among those couples where one of us is eligible now and the other is not eligible for who knows when.  I was quite (sadly) surprised that if a state follows CDC guidance, and on this point I hope not, the sub-65 group once allowed to get a shot is basically every other adult in the country (16-64).  That is going to be a nightmare given supply and logistical troubles just handling the much smaller group of 65+ and others now.  That’s why we aren’t booking anything until there is more clarity on when I can get it too.

Stay safe!

We had our first vaccine through Collier County and when we were lucky enough to make it through Eventbrite (where we had a chance to get tickets to one of 3 comedy shows in Collier as well as the vaccine appointment event) we thought that they would be giving us a second appointment for our 28 day vaccine. But when we got our shots at a well managed drive-through were out 30 minute appointment time was honored, we were told that they did not know if they could provide a second dose. They will notify us at 21 days, as a reminder, and let us know if they have a second doses available. Otherwise, we'll be back to work trying to find a second dose. They told us we should get it between 28 days and 6 months, and couldn't count on any protection without the second dose. I don't really believe that, but trying for 6 months to get the second dose isn't something I would look forward to.

I definitely feel for you on the 65+ vs just under that. My brother, and our 2 best friends, are in that just under group.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 11:10 AM, piratelooksat45 said:

Happy New Year fellow Seadreamers! Once we heard the vaccine was approved, we took a gamble and booked for the week after Thanksgiving. Anyone else booked for 2021? I knew I loved traveling and specifically Seadream, but I didn't realize how much until the lockdown. Here's to a 2021 that with each month, gets us a little closer to normal. It's fun to have a count down again - 327 days to go! 

DSC_0238.JPG

Hello,  booked on the SD II for the Nov 27th, 2021 sailing. New to SD and excited to experience the difference.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the SD pages, it really helped decide to try it out. 

Stay safe,
Joshua

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diver0311 said:

Hello,  booked on the SD II for the Nov 27th, 2021 sailing. New to SD and excited to experience the difference.  Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the SD pages, it really helped decide to try it out. 

Stay safe,
Joshua

I believe we are booked on the same voyage.  It will be our first time on Seadream as well.  Look forward to meeting you onboard!

Doug and Pam

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DWhit said:

I believe we are booked on the same voyage.  It will be our first time on Seadream as well.  Look forward to meeting you onboard!

Doug and Pam

Good to meet you here and hopefully on board too. Counting down the days.

should I make a separate post for recommendations in St. Thomas for the night before or can I ask that here?  

Jackie and Joshua 

Edited by diver0311

We are now booked for the New Year's and following week cruises, so we are also sailing out of STT.  When we sailed from there a couple of years ago, it was right after the hurricane, and there was no place to stay, so we had to change our arrival plans, which included a pre-cruise stay at the Ritz Carlton.  Spoke to a colleague from USVI a couple of weeks ago and she said some of the hotels never reopened.  We booked the Ritz Carlton again.  Not geographically desirable, and more than we wanted to spend.  But it looks like it has been well- restored.

Right now it has been 13 months since we were on SD.  The longest interval we have ever had since we started with them.  Way too long.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrapperZimmy said:

Our TA got us a 2-night stay, perhaps because we arrive on Christmas, perhaps because they were desperate for guests, or perhaps because her agency has a special deal.  Don't give up too easily.

Prior to the TA booking us, I went on the website and was able to get a 2 night stay on my own. I have also learned from experience that resorts which require a lengthy stay many months ahead often change their requirements when they see that the hotel is not filling up the way they expected. We have booked other hotels and then cancelled them two months out when our first choice hotel suddenly became available for our shorter stay. 

We are not going to be much help with St. Thomas hotel recommendations.  The last time we stayed on the island was pre-hurricanes. That time, we spent a week at a condo at Bluebeards Castle.  We did enjoy that visit.  It was a beautiful view overlooking the harbour and one of the island's cruise terminals.  The resort  felt very 1960-70's, but to us that was a big part of the charm.  It had three onsite restaurants that were really quite nice and a great pool deck.  But I have no idea how the resort fared in the hurricanes, and what the current state of things are.  The time prior to that, we stayed at a Stouffer's Hotel near Coki Beach.  That hotel is gone now, and was replaced with a Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville condo resort.

I am not sure which of the two cruise ports will be the dock for our ship.  I am guessing it will be the one closest to the airport, but it really shouldn't matter because I recall the two ports being fairly close together.

Our current plans are for visiting family in Florida for Thanksgiving, so I don't see us spending more than one night, if that, in prior to the day of sail away.

8 hours ago, Zimmy said:

Prior to the TA booking us, I went on the website and was able to get a 2 night stay on my own. I have also learned from experience that resorts which require a lengthy stay many months ahead often change their requirements when they see that the hotel is not filling up the way they expected. We have booked other hotels and then cancelled them two months out when our first choice hotel suddenly became available for our shorter stay. 

Perfect.  I will keep checking in on them to see if the requirements change.  Thank you. 

joshua

Hey dreamers. Are we seeing light at the end of the tunnel? We're booked on SD1 out of Marigot Dec. 27th. I guess you're on SD2....both ships sailing! I truly hope this will happen. We've already had to cancel Xmas 2020 and summer 2020....best to you!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, laurelguy said:

Hey dreamers. Are we seeing light at the end of the tunnel? We're booked on SD1 out of Marigot Dec. 27th. I guess you're on SD2....both ships sailing! I truly hope this will happen. We've already had to cancel Xmas 2020 and summer 2020....best to you!!

We will both be in St. Barts for New Years.  Hoping that works out.  The last time we were supposed to do that the high seas required that the entire harbor be evacuated.  Maybe we can plan a lunch together.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:51 PM, DWhit said:

Doug and Pam

I'm betting you're going to love SeaDream, it's a really unique and wonderful way to vacation. Looking forward to getting the bonus "day 8" on this trip. See you onboard!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, piratelooksat45 said:

I'm betting you're going to love SeaDream, it's a really unique and wonderful way to vacation. Looking forward to getting the bonus "day 8" on this trip. See you onboard!

Wow, I had forgotten it was an 8 day voyage!  Thanks for the reminder.   We look forward to meeting you onboard as well.   As a SeaDream veteran, maybe you can "show us the ropes"!

• 2 weeks later...

We are Caribbean exclusive cruisers and, having SD cancel their Caribbean routes this year, we decided to try Windstar.  They had summer cruises to this area, the only cruise line we found attempting the Caribbean, so we booked with them for May 29th.  (We have done 13 SD cruises, all Caribbean.).  I was expecting a cancellation, based on the islands' various retrictions, and got it.  We are now scheduled for a June 19th sailing on WS's Star Breeze out of St. Martin and around the BVI's.  We are so READY!

Also, of course, have already booked SD in February 2022.