Easy Package not available to book online

awhcruiser

EASY: 
"O pacote pode ser utilizado em nossos bares, buffet e restaurante principal, também pode ser utilizado na Ocean Cay e outros destinos exclusivos, mas não em restaurantes de especialidades e lugares"
The package can be used in our bars, buffet and main restaurant, it can also be used in Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but not in specialty restaurants and places.

EASY PLUS:
"O pacote pode ser utilizado em nossos bares, buffets, restaurantes principais, restaurantes de especialidades, Ilha Ocean Cay e outros destinos exclusivos. Não pode ser consumido em locais exclusivos, incluindo estabelecimentos Venchi 1878, Lavazza Coffee Shop e Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, independente do preço da bebida."
The package can be used in our bars, buffets, main restaurants, specialty restaurants, Ocean Cay Island and other exclusive destinations. Cannot be consumed in exclusive locations, including Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop and Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, regardless of the price of the drink.

PREMIUM EXTRA:
"O pacote pode ser utilizado em nossos bares, buffets, restaurantes principais, restaurantes de especialidades, Ilha Ocean Cay e outros destinos exclusivos. Não pode ser consumido em locais exclusivos, incluindo estabelecimentos Venchi 1878, Lavazza Coffee Shop e Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, independente do preço da bebida."
The package can be used in our bars, buffets, main restaurants, specialty restaurants, Ocean Cay Island and other exclusive destinations. It cannot be consumed in exclusive locations, including Venchi 1878, Lavazza Coffee Shop and Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato establishments, regardless of the price of the drink.

Oh my... the PREMIUM EXTRA doesn't sound as good as the current PREMIUM PLUS! Hopefully this is just temporary text on the Brazilian site and they'll fix the packages before marketing them on other sites!

Has anyone found the new packages on any other MSC sites?

8 minutes ago, JohnJayJotaJames said:

Has anyone found the new packages on any other MSC sites?

US site lets you book the packages and gives pricing, but no details are provided for Easy Plus or Premium

Current PREMIUM PLUS includes;

Todos os vinhos e champanhes e taça
All wines and champagnes and glass

The new PREMIUM EXTRA includes;

Seleção de vinhos e champagnes na taça
Selection of wines and champagnes in the glass

I'm gonna stop reading/translating... Need to wait for MSC English version!!!

If anyone wants the link it's
https://www.msccruzeiros.com.br/a-bordo/refeicoes-e-bebidas/pacotes-de-bebidas

Premium Extra covers drinks up to $15.  I think it's possible MSC's experiment with a true unlimited drinks by the glass package, Premium Plus, might be at an end.  I've toyed with trying Premium Plus on at least one cruise and think I better make that decision now while it's still offered.  I have a booking before October 2021 where Premium Plus is offered and have not seen it offered on any bookings after November 2021.  I liked the price points that Bret posted for these new packages in his other thread, $22pp/day for Easy Plus and $31pp/day for Premium Extra.  If they held to that pricing I wouldn't mind the loss of Premium Plus but unfortunately I think that pricing is now unlikely.

I have an 11 night European cruise in late fall of this year.  Easy Package was included.  We can upgrade to Premium Plus for about $300 pp.  I'll probably just stick with Easy, as we did that package out of Miami in 2019 and it met our needs.

FWIW, it's still being offered as of this writing.

The All In promotion including the Easy package is still being offered for many sailings but on the US site you don't see the offer past Nov 1st.  The only exception is Sinfonia that has the All In running to Nov 13th.  Brazil doesn't have any All In promos, but I'm expecting the US situation to be similar where MSC will change to the new packages for most sailings around Nov 1st.  Otherwise it would be too crazy having people from different markets having different packages with different coverage amounts.

Renaming the packages seems like such a hassle, we went through it too recently with the loss of the Classic and Deluxe packages.  It was a real mess dealing with people having both the old and new packages, plus the short lived Drinks On Us package, on the ship at the same time.  I suppose there really isn't any other good way to just change the drink price coverage amounts.  Keeping the same package name and just increasing the dollar coverage might be great for customers who booked before the change but not for MSC who has carefully calculated the increased cruise fare to account for the added costs of including the promo package.  Perhaps picking a specific sail date for the new packages to take effect will work better.