Deck Plans

Tedferg

1 hour ago, Tedferg said:

I can't find Deck Plans on the X website. I do see deck layout when selecting cabin location. On Princess site the section on 'Ships' has a link to detailed deck plans.

Which particular ship are you looking for?

6 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Which particular ship are you looking for?

The Eclipse - I found what I wanted thanks, by scrolling to bottom of screen. We were on the Reflection on our only Previous cruise and wanted to compare layout in bar / lounge area. Not a deal breaker, but we do enjoy the Atrium on Princess. Feels like an open 'gathering' area and missed that on Reflection.

15 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

The Eclipse - I found what I wanted thanks, by scrolling to bottom of screen. We were on the Reflection on our only Previous cruise and wanted to compare layout in bar / lounge area. Not a deal breaker, but we do enjoy the Atrium on Princess. Feels like an open 'gathering' area and missed that on Reflection.

So sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We love Reflection, having sailed on her 8 times. She was our favorite X ship, but now we love the E class ships.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Actually the reflection and Silhouette are our favorite ships.  Love the lawn club grill.  On the Reflection, the sky lounge is smaller as additional suites were added, but it is more then adequate in size.    While it is nice to make something at the glass blowing studio for a fee, the removal of it and the addition of the grill IMO is great.

Enjoy

Edited by Cruise a holic

You'll notice Reflection has an "extra deck," along with a smaller Sky Lounge.  It makes a difference for us when we book Aqua.  The hair salon is on the port side.  We book under that for the quiet above, rather than having the pool deck of the Spa Cafe.  Hope you enjoy RF.  We had excellent service on her.

14 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

So sorry to hear that you were disappointed. We love Reflection, having sailed on her 8 times. She was our favorite X ship, but now we love the E class ships.

Not so much that we were disappointed, just comparing Passport lounge / Grand Foyer with Princess Atrium and wanted to se if Reflection and Eclipse are similar.

Reflection is our least fav due to the truncated  lounge,  spa and solarium being on sep levels and the circular bar aft which .cuts the area in half..hard to enjoy music back there and there are  bar stool and lounge seat  hogs! Overcrowded...

Ship feels more crowded all around with more pax,  and it had a Miami DJ vibe when we sailed on her. BLU was larger than other S ships but more crowded.

Unfortunately, it was our only option for lift and shift..so we'll be returning if that cruise goes ahead. Hope we find it more enjoyable....we are in an entry level suite so assigned  dining is in Luminae..hope not crowded.

21 hours ago, hcat said:

Reflection is our least fav due to the truncated  lounge,  spa and solarium being on sep levels and the circular bar aft which .cuts the area in half..hard to enjoy music back there and there are  bar stool and lounge seat  hogs! Overcrowded...

Ship feels more crowded all around with more pax,  and it had a Miami DJ vibe when we sailed on her. BLU was larger than other S ships but more crowded.

Unfortunately, it was our only option for lift and shift..so we'll be returning if that cruise goes ahead. Hope we find it more enjoyable....we are in an entry level suite so assigned  dining is in Luminae..hope not crowded.

Our last sailing was on Reflection and Blu seemed the same size as on other S-class ships.  Deck plans also seem to show it the same size.

• Like 1

Googling the term "cruise ship deck plans" or similar language will bring up any number of sites that have deck plans and other ship information that is sometimes better than what is on cruise line websites.

6 hours ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Our last sailing was on Reflection and Blu seemed the same size as on other S-class ships.  Deck plans also seem to show it the same size.

That’s the problem on Reflection. More AQ staterooms but not a larger Blu. 
Reflection was about the only ship on which we had to count in waiting times. And it did feel more rushed than on other ships like Silhouette.

It is a conundrum, however... making  Blu larger meant losing more of the small dining room appeal - which is the main reason for us and many others to book Aqua.

Edited by Miaminice

On 1/6/2021 at 2:23 AM, Tedferg said:

We have sailed on both Eclipse and Reflection. The biggest difference we found in space and layout was the Sky Lounge. On Eclipse the view surrounds the full front of the ship. This venue is really nice to enjoy as a quiet space on sea days, a viewing area on colder cruises and in the evenings it is a cocktail lounge/music dance venue. Between 5pm and 7pm some of the lounge has historically been used for the Elite cocktail hour (I think this will be gone when cruising recommences). On Reflection the left hand side is a wall (additional cabins behind). Still a nice area but not as nice as the other S class ships.

Generally throughout the ships the layout is very similar. We did find Reflection busier poolside on sea days. Eclipse, however, has two fewer restaurants (no Lawn Grill or Porch).

We generally cruise in suites and there are more of them on Reflection. We did find the suite lounge and restaurant both a bit busier (and a bit less personal) than on other ships in the fleet. No big deal, we would happily cruise both again.

Both ships are now overdue for a makeover. However, when we were on Reflection 2018 and Eclipse 2019 both were in good shape.

Edited by chemmo

18 hours ago, 39august said:

Tedferg The largest open area on Reflection  is the Sky Lounge on deck 14 and it is large. Did you go up there to compare it to the Princess areas you mentioned?

We went in there during an afternoon at sea, there was a function going on so we just had a quick look around. Does it have a bar ?

18 hours ago, 39august said:

Tedferg The largest open area on Reflection  is the Sky Lounge on deck 14 and it is large. Did you go up there to compare it to the Princess areas you mentioned?

Just to clarify my original point. On a Princess ship we like to go to Crooners bar before dinner, it is in the Atrium which is open through several decks connected by spiral shapes stairs, it is open and bright. On Reflection the one large lounge / bar we found was the Passport lounge and it just seemed a little dark and congested with customer services on one side, a covered ceiling and central stairs seeming to dominate the space. Not a huge criticism and i Just wanted to know if Eclipse was similar. Perhaps the Sky Lounge would be a good location for a pre dinner drink, meet & greet with fellow passengers..0

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

I’m not sure the Sky Lounge is what you are lookin for if it’s for a pre dinner cocktail. It is located at the opposite end of the ship. The Martini Bar is more centrally located for a pre dinner cocktail. 

Agree, I just checked deck plans on Cruise Mapper.

I prefer cruisedeckplans because their member site [joining is free] allows you to download all the decks on one pdf [sometimes 2 pages] – this is essential to see what will be below and (especially) above your cabin.  It was how I tumbled to the marketing ploy that many of the most expensive cabins are right below the noisy pool deck!  Many cruise line websites only let you see one deck at a time.

13 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I prefer cruisedeckplans because their member site [joining is free] allows you to download all the decks on one pdf [sometimes 2 pages] – this is essential to see what will be below and (especially) above your cabin.  It was how I tumbled to the marketing ploy that many of the most expensive cabins are right below the noisy pool deck!  Many cruise line websites only let you see one deck at a time.

What a neat website - thank you !

14 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

How do you get a free membership? All I see are paid membership options on cruisedeckplans.com . I agree that their non-member option is good.