Dress to Impress and fancy dress/Theme nights

ann141

On 1/7/2021 at 10:13 PM, ann141 said:

Great shoes! Although my hubby has got some snazzy bow ties he refuses to wear anything other than his standard black shoes  in the evening

David is the same, lots of nice bow ties but boring black shoes.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

David is the same, lots of nice bow ties but boring black shoes.

My OH is the same! 
I really miss being able to dress up and love the opportunity to wear a bit of sparkle on a cruise. It feels like so long since we had the opportunity to wear any nice clothes. All I seem to wear at the moment is jeans, sweatshirt and flat shoes. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have bags in every conceivable colour and always take evening bags and shoes to match each of my dresses.  David moans about the amount of luggage that I take when we go on holiday.  

I love handbags and shoes as they don't necessarily look better on someone younger or slimmer than me!!(Wish the same could be said of dresses!!)

• Like 2

I am feeling sorry for my neglected shoes and handbags during the pandemic and have started wearing my heels to do the ironing ☺️

I'm really enjoying your photos, having the chance to dress up for formal nights was one of the things that appealed to me about cruising. I was one of those disappointed to find out that Iona would only have 1 formal night a week, especially as my booked cruise is only for a week.

Please keep adding the photos.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I am feeling sorry for my neglected shoes and handbags during the pandemic and have started wearing my heels to do the ironing ☺️

I'm really enjoying your photos, having the chance to dress up for formal nights was one of the things that appealed to me about cruising. I was one of those disappointed to find out that Iona would only have 1 formal night a week, especially as my booked cruise is only for a week.

Please keep adding the photos.

My other half said this before Christmas so we had a date night to the theatre and pre theatre restaurant. All without leaving our house 👍Particularly enjoyed that the bar stayed open for a long time after the performance 😂

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, joeecco said:

My other half said this before Christmas so we had a date night to the theatre and pre theatre restaurant. All without leaving our house 👍Particularly enjoyed that the bar stayed open for a long time after the performance 😂

Good idea! 

We've watched some online theatre shows during the pandemic, but they do make me miss going to the theatre even more.

At Christmas I was given the Les Miserables DVD, recorded in the 2019 run which we went to see. It was brilliant!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Good idea! 

We've watched some online theatre shows during the pandemic, but they do make me miss going to the theatre even more.

At Christmas I was given the Les Miserables DVD, recorded in the 2019 run which we went to see. It was brilliant!

Same here sometimes but for that night we moved our dining chairs in instead of sitting on the sofa and pressed play at 7:30pm and had a full 20 minute interval in the bar. Sounds silly writing it down but it was wonderful. Made us giggle and relax and forget about the world 😀

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, joeecco said:

Same here sometimes but for that night we moved our dining chairs in instead of sitting on the sofa and pressed play at 7:30pm and had a full 20 minute interval in the bar. Sounds silly writing it down but it was wonderful. Made us giggle and relax and forget about the world 😀

Not silly at all, it's a very good idea 😊

Pauline always looks well groomed and elegant. Even when I've made an effort, I still look like I've  been dragged through a hedge backwards. I have hair does NOT know how to behave in public. I cannot ACTUALLY prove this a I don't have any photos. I absolutely hate having my photograph taken. What I look like in my head and what comes out of the lens are 2 completely different people!!! One is young thin and not bad looking, the other is now the opposite ,sadly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Pauline always looks well groomed and elegant. Even when I've made an effort, I still look like I've  been dragged through a hedge backwards. I have hair does NOT know how to behave in public. I cannot ACTUALLY prove this a I don't have any photos. I absolutely hate having my photograph taken. What I look like in my head and what comes out of the lens are 2 completely different people!!! One is young thin and not bad looking, the other is now the opposite ,sadly.

I can sympathise with you. I never like my picture taken either, that's why I have none to post. I'm only 5' 2'' and that puts me at a disadvantage to begin with😁 They say the camera adds 10lb to a person, well this person can't afford it. Having said that, I do scrub up well,  but unfortunately we all can't be slim and elegant, some of us have to put up with be cute and cuddly instead. It's just a relief that Frank likes cute and cuddly😊 Age and gravity have a lot to answer for.😉

Avril

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Pauline always looks stunning, I could do with some tips.

Pauline has always loved.clothes,handbags,shoes and Jewellery.

She often describes clothes she wore as a little child up until the present time.

I'm just glad she gets my clothes out for me, usually to colour match what she is wearing.

Graham 😇🤓

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

She often describes clothes she wore as a little child up until the present time.

I'm just glad she gets my clothes out for me, usually to colour match what she is wearing.

Graham 😇🤓

I think that's the job for many ladies. I even choose Frank's clothes for him, he trusts me and I know the kind of things he likes. After 56 years, I ought to😉

Avril

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham 😇🤓

Lovely photos of you both. You both scrub up well....! X

• Thanks 1