Dress to Impress and fancy dress/Theme nights

ann141

Lovely topic Ann and hope you’re both well. Was it the Baltic cruise we met in?  We weren’t due to go to the Caribbean this year but doing a B2B on Iona. Little did we know what would happen to cruising when we arrived back on Ventura on March 17th last year! 

I love dressing up especially since I retired but when I first started cruising I wore outfits I’d bought for weddings and a couple of dresses from Mess Nights in the 80s 😬. Since then I’ve enjoyed blinging  up and like other ladies here (and maybe some gents. What do I know 🤔🤔), I have lots of jewellery and sparkly shoes. It’s the only time I wear proper heels any more and cling on to my OH. 😂 

Sadly all my outfits are hanging up in my wardrobe and hopefully I’ll need them next January on Ventura.  I’m a keen planner but the prospect of not cruising or even if we do that we have to take P&O tours means I’ve given little thought to what we can do. However I was tempted by the great sales online and managed to snag a dress for half-price!  

3B4AA521-9215-43E7-AE5B-153617750F14.jpeg

59D1EB6D-28DA-4EFD-A625-550A5E2C7F26.jpeg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, tartanexile81 said:

Lovely topic Ann and hope you’re both well. Was it the Baltic cruise we met in?  We weren’t due to go to the Caribbean this year but doing a B2B on Iona. Little did we know what would happen to cruising when we arrived back on Ventura on March 17th last year! 

I love dressing up especially since I retired but when I first started cruising I wore outfits I’d bought for weddings and a couple of dresses from Mess Nights in the 80s 😬. Since then I’ve enjoyed blinging  up and like other ladies here (and maybe some gents. What do I know 🤔🤔), I have lots of jewellery and sparkly shoes. It’s the only time I wear proper heels any more and cling on to my OH. 😂 

Sadly all my outfits are hanging up in my wardrobe and hopefully I’ll need them next January on Ventura.  I’m a keen planner but the prospect of not cruising or even if we do that we have to take P&O tours means I’ve given little thought to what we can do. However I was tempted by the great sales online and managed to snag a dress for half-price!  

3B4AA521-9215-43E7-AE5B-153617750F14.jpeg

59D1EB6D-28DA-4EFD-A625-550A5E2C7F26.jpeg

Beautiful! I think it was on the USA and Canada cruise on Aurora that we met. Mark and I are considering the Caribbean cruise on Ventura but in Feb 2022. I notice you are interested in the FO cruise through the Corinth canal. That is another cruise that we are considering(though not keen on FO)but we are waiting for a few months to see how the covid situation is before we book anything