Carnival Spirit Drink Prices

Reposting from the Carnival forum per a user suggestion:

Apologies if this has been asked, my search didn't turn up many reliable results.

I just booked a cruise on the Spirit for October 2022 - my husband and I are going by faith that the world will be [somewhat] back to normal by that time.  We also couldn't pass up the $750AUD onboard credit offer as well.

We usually purchase Cheers! in advance for our US based cruises and we always get our money's worth - with the amount of bottled water, speciality coffee, and drinks we get during our cruises.  However, I noticed that for Australian cruises, the package can only be bought once onboard at a price of $119AUD/person/day.  This doesn't bother us so much as we will use the onboard credit to offset about half of the cost of the package.  With that said, we are still on the fence about paying per drink though.

I was wondering if anyone knew the approximate prices of drinks (liquor drinks is typically what we get) onboard either of the Australian based ships.  This would help us to determine which route is better.  Another factor that we are taking into consideration is the the Australian Cheers! package doesn't include specialty coffee (sad face), so this also plays a factor in our decision.

Thanks for your help!  Thankful for any and all responses.

I tried to dig up some photos I may have had from my 3 Spirit cruises last year to see if I took a snap of the drinks menu.  I couldn't find any.  But, from memory, a Scotch and mixer was about $12.50 (Dewar's White Label).

I mostly drank Scotch and No Sugar Coke so I don't really remember the prices for other drinks.  I can try and dig up some print outs of my onboard Sail and Sign account if you need more accurate info.  I think I kept those somewhere.

These prices are in AUD as the ship charges in Aussie Pesos.

Another option is to buy the Bottomless Bubbles soft drink package and just purchase the spirits with a mixer.  With this, the bartenders almost always deduct the soft drink mixer component off the total ($1AUD off) because of the package.  That would bring my example drink to $11.50 AUD

Edited by plettza

Hard to predict what they will do with drink prices once cruising resumes.

They could increase , to try. and  recoup the enormous losses they have made , or more likely , offer bargain prices or maybe even free drinks !!!

Hi Ty 

Have done over 20 cruises on Carnival ships in Australia. Plus we drink, but wouldn't get the Cheers package. Rip-Off.

We mainly drink beer, which goes for $7 -$10 a bottle or glass. Or buy 4 & get $2 off.

I usually get 2 buckets of Heineken 500mls. Each can is around 2 drinks  so a bucket for $32, 2 a day. $64 Australia dollars & cheers is $119. WAY in front.

Cocktails are around $12.95 on average, so you would have to at least buy 10 to get value.. with 10 you would be real happy for hours..

Most spirit & cokes are $8 -$10 Also.

Alchemy Bar cocktails are around $16.95. If you love Alchemy bar  then the cheers package break even is 8th cocktail.

On 1/8/2021 at 11:09 PM, Hunter69 said:

Hi Ty 

Have done over 20 cruises on Carnival ships in Australia. Plus we drink, but wouldn't get the Cheers package. Rip-Off.

We mainly drink beer, which goes for $7 -$10 a bottle or glass. Or buy 4 & get $2 off.

I usually get 2 buckets of Heineken 500mls. Each can is around 2 drinks  so a bucket for $32, 2 a day. $64 Australia dollars & cheers is $119. WAY in front.

Cocktails are around $12.95 on average, so you would have to at least buy 10 to get value.. with 10 you would be real happy for hours..

Alchemy Bar cocktails are around $16.95. If you love Alchemy bar  then the cheers package break even is 8th cocktail.

I tried the bucket deal once but cabin fridges aren't cold enough. You have to get ice buckets from cabin attendants then allow time for cans to chill. Can't wait that long.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 7:09 AM, Hunter69 said:

Hi Ty 

This is awesome information – thanks to everyone else for your info as well

This kind of solidifies that we will get the Cheers onboard.  We love the Alchemy Bar drinks and prefer to drink mojitos throughout the day, so Cheers seems like a no brainer now.

• Like 2