Viking Orion 78 days... March 7 2022.....Sydney to Vancouver.

WAVTAM

And since Viking also sells this itinerary in segments, you should also look for the roll calls for each of the segments:

Sydney to Bali:

Bali to Bangkok: Viking Orion March 22, 2022 - April 4, 2022 Bali, Bangkok and Beyond

Bangkok to Hong Kong: Viking Orion - Thailand to Hong Kong - April 2022

Hong Kong to Tokyo: Viking Orion April 18th 2022 Far East Horizons Hong Kong To Tokyo

Tokyo to Vancouver:

Then there are the longer segments:

Sydney to Bangkok, Hong Kong to Vancouver, etc.

There will be many more people doing just the segments than those doing the whole 78 days, so hopefully there will be more chatter on these roll calls -- and you never know where you will find helpful information.

Also, check out the roll call for the now cancelled April, 2021 Hong Kong to Tokyo, because I know I posted a lot of links there, full of information, and including links to various posts about the itinerary on CC.

P.S. Sorry for this stupid advertisement for the thread; I could not get rid of it no matter how I tried. : -(

Edited by Peregrina651

3 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Looks like a great voyage.  Now if it just didn't have the world's longest flight (or close).....🍸

So true Jim, for us it was 15 hrs to DFW + another 5 to YVR. Mind you it still beats the old flights from Sydney to LHR, which were about 36 hrs.

7 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

So true Jim, for us it was 15 hrs to DFW + another 5 to YVR. Mind you it still beats the old flights from Sydney to LHR, which were about 36 hrs.

For our now cancelled Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise, we had arranged break things up by flying Boston to Houston the night before our flight to Hong Kong. I pushed for this for two reasons: one was to break up the flight and the other was because I did not trust the first flight out in the morning to get me there on time.

5 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

For our now cancelled Hong Kong to Tokyo cruise, we had arranged break things up by flying Boston to Houston the night before our flight to Hong Kong. I pushed for this for two reasons: one was to break up the flight and the other was because I did not trust the first flight out in the morning to get me there on time.

We did the same when flying from Vancouver to Nairobi. Stopped in London overnight, which was a nice break before the 2nd long flight. Unfortunately, we cut our time in Australia short to return home to help daughter, so it was quickest return flight, on One World.

Yes we are booked as well.  Our final payment is due early March.  I know that’s Viking payment policy...do you know if we can push it to at least 6 months out during these uncertain times?  I already have full payment on another cruise that has been postponed twice, now to 2022 and do not really want to do another final payment.

5 hours ago, ABCruiser said:

Yes we are booked as well.  Our final payment is due early March.  I know that’s Viking payment policy...do you know if we can push it to at least 6 months out during these uncertain times?  I already have full payment on another cruise that has been postponed twice, now to 2022 and do not really want to do another final payment.

I don't know if the rules are the same in Canada, but in the US you could request 6 months before embarkation if you have at least one other cruise booked. The system defaults to an earlier payment, so you do have to ask. I use a Viking agent so I can't attest to independent TAs.

9 hours ago, ABCruiser said:

Yes but once you have made your deposit, it is too late to negotiate the pay in full date.  You can try but most of the time the response from Viking is that a contract is a contract.  

You could also cancel and rebook. But you are not guaranteed getting the same cabin.  You will also be getting the current deal, which may or may not be better than what you have now.