Cancelation notice e-mail!!!

Bruin Steve

Okay...long ago I booked back-to-back cruises on Millie...a 14 night Japan cruise--April 10, 2021...followed by a 15-night TransPacific...

Of course, back in October, Celebrity canceled both...

I was doubly disappointed at the time...because 1) I was hoping that by April 2021, we'd have a vaccine and, 2) I couldn't fit the 2022 back-to-back into my schedule (holiday/family commitment conflicts)...

But, heck, I DID lift-and-shift the Japan cruise to the Solstice March 27, 2021 (though the fun of doing 29 nights is gone--and I have to do LONG flights both ways now)...

So, we left the deposit down on the Japan cruise...and took the 125% FCC on the second--which we plan on applying to the 2022 Japan cruise...

But, ever since, whenever I logged on to the Celebrity site, it kept showing FOUR future cruises...My 2 July cruises in the Med and the 2022 Japan cruise, of course...BUT the 2021 TransPacific kept showing up...

Well, TODAY, three months after the cancellation, they finally wiped the cruise from my future cruises on the website...AND...

I got an email from Celebrity.  The subject said something about "cancellation"...so, I started worrying...Have they canceled yet another one of my upcoming cruises?  Then I realized the date was the TransPacific...so I started worrying that they somehow were refunding me instead of the 125% FCC...

It started:

"Dear Celebrity Guest,

There has been a change to your cruise reservation or guest status. When cruise reservations are cancelled, activity or services under the cruise reservation are also cancelled. All reservations cancelled are listed below.

The credit card to which the order was charged will be credited within two billing cycles.
You may want to print this page for your records"

I thought, if not my deposit, WHAT are they refunding?  I hadn't purchased any shore excursions...or prepaid any specialty restaurants, etc.  I had a drink package, gratuities and a lot of OBC...but all that was PART of my booking--so, they are not crediting me back any of that...

I keep reading...What they are canceling is all of my Select Dining reservations...(though I assumed there was no reason to cancel these for a cruise that isn't happening)...

OTOH, along with listing all 15 reservations, it says "CELEBRITY SELECT DINING CANCELLED & REFUNDED"...

Refunded???  Okay...So, I should watch my credit card statements for a credit of $0.00?

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

OTOH, along with listing all 15 reservations, it says "CELEBRITY SELECT DINING CANCELLED & REFUNDED"...

We had the same when I cancelled our August 1st 2020 cruise in April 2020.

I had already cancelled our booked excursions and had monies refunded to my C.C.

I just assumed its because a computer can’t think, unlike a human being.

20 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We had the same when I cancelled our August 1st 2020 cruise in April 2020.

I had already cancelled our booked excursions and had monies refunded to my C.C.

I just assumed its because a computer can’t think, unlike a human being.

But a human being could tell the computer that one does not pay money for select dining reservations.

• Haha 1