What happens to your $600 OBC if they cancel your rebooked cruise too?

WindDancer

I just got hit by the new round of cancelations,  I was going to Hawaii on the Miracle Sept 16th out of SFO.
but this was the sailing I had booked with my Credit and $600 OBC credit after the one in October was canceled earlier this year.
Do I now loose it? or do they see that and move it, and I get another OBC for the cancelation of this cruise?
Anyone already go through this??
Thank you..
Chuck

Have been through this 4x now.  Whatever you had paid will be transferred to new cruise once you book.  Depending how long the "new" booked cruise is, you will also get your $600 obc  (under 6 days is $300 obc.)   The obc does not stack.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WindDancer said:

Thank you...
Wasn't really looking at stacking as opposed to using the new $600 for a different cruise.
so, I take it by you answer, I have basicly lost my 1st $600 credit as soon as they cancled my cruise.

Yes.  In your cancellation email it will give you the option to get your initial $$ refunded back (your deposit and anything else you had paid) , or get the obc and any money you had paid put on as a future cruise credit  (fcc) which will be forwarded to your newly booked cruise.  Just fyi - some people are saying they had to put another deposit down on their "new" cruise.  We never had to do this - our deposit was rolled over along with whatever else we had paid.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My May 17 Alaskan cruise was just canceled.  We are looking at booking a Mediterranean Cruise in Sept 2023.  They haven't released these cruises yet.  Can I book a future cruise with $600 OBC and then cancel and rebook once they open up Sept 2023 sailings and still keep my $600 OBC?  Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

My May 17 Alaskan cruise was just canceled.  We are looking at booking a Mediterranean Cruise in Sept 2023.  They haven't released these cruises yet.  Can I book a future cruise with $600 OBC and then cancel and rebook once they open up Sept 2023 sailings and still keep my $600 OBC?  Thanks.

I havent read your cancellation letter but it should say when is the last date you can rebook and get the $600 obc. 

I'm a april then sept booking, so I'll get hit next round of cancellations. I'm in the "unless they release more dates" camp, booked as solid as I want to be. Hoping for a extension of dates. Eventually might extend dates and promos, but right now they probably wouldnt. See what you canc letter says.

I'm the opposite waiting for alaska 2023 to be released which wouldnt be for almost a year....but I decided to revisit alaska. Grab the best I can the day released. Prices have only gone up, so I'm waiting for 2023 alaska.

Edited by firefly333

In my experience with three cancelled cruises, everything from the cancelled cruise goes away.  You can either get a refund on what you actually paid or roll it over into a new cruise and get whatever new rebooking incentive they have.  On my 7 day cruises, the rebooking incentive has been a $600 OBC.

Every time my cruise was cancelled, they cancelled everything.  When I rebooked, I had to rebook with whatever new promo I could and then I also got a $600 rebooking incentive as an OBC.  That OBC can't be used for anything other than credit on that particular cruise, if it sails.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pe4all said:

Yes.  In your cancellation email it will give you the option to get your initial $$ refunded back (your deposit and anything else you had paid) , or get the obc and any money you had paid put on as a future cruise credit  (fcc) which will be forwarded to your newly booked cruise.  Just fyi - some people are saying they had to put another deposit down on their "new" cruise.  We never had to do this - our deposit was rolled over along with whatever else we had paid.  

The FCC is an extra $200 to put to future cruise fare in addition to what you paid.  FCC alone can't be used towards a new deposit but your original deposit  can be used for your new deposit.

9 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The FCC is an extra $200 to put to future cruise fare in addition to what you paid.  FCC alone can't be used towards a new deposit but your original deposit  can be used for your new deposit.

Correct.  Our pvp always checks on our original deposit, and then says there is no problem moving that to our new cruise, so no other deposit needed.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Correct.  Our pvp always checks on our original deposit, and then says there is no problem moving that to our new cruise, so no other deposit needed.

Some people book under reduced deposit specials so they do did to place more down as a deposit on a new booking

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I havent read your cancellation letter but it should say when is the last date you can rebook and get the $600 obc. 

I'm a april then sept booking, so I'll get hit next round of cancellations. I'm in the "unless they release more dates" camp, booked as solid as I want to be. Hoping for a extension of dates. Eventually might extend dates and promos, but right now they probably wouldnt. See what you canc letter says.

I'm the opposite waiting for alaska 2023 to be released which wouldnt be for almost a year....but I decided to revisit alaska. Grab the best I can the day released. Prices have only gone up, so I'm waiting for 2023 alaska.

Cancellation letter states "on next cruise if booked by 9/30/21 for a sailing departing by 4/30/23"  So if I book a cruise to sail by 4/30/23, then cancel that cruise and rebook for a cruise in Sept 2023, will I loose the $600 OBC?  My original deposit for the Alaskan cruise was $398.  So I would loose the deposit but keep the $600 OBC??  I think I just talked myself out of this.  It's to much of a hassle keeping track.  Thanks all!!

14 minutes ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Cancellation letter states "on next cruise if booked by 9/30/21 for a sailing departing by 4/30/23"  So if I book a cruise to sail by 4/30/23, then cancel that cruise and rebook for a cruise in Sept 2023, will I loose the $600 OBC?  My original deposit for the Alaskan cruise was $398.  So I would loose the deposit but keep the $600 OBC??  I think I just talked myself out of this.  It's to much of a hassle keeping track.  Thanks all!!

Yea the sail by date of april 30, 2023 is going to stop you from booking further out and getting the $600. 

The deposit you paid of 398 sounds like a reduced deposit so you would have to maybe pay the difference if a full deposit is required on new booking. Happened to me. My deposit transferred but had a 99 pp deposit on cancelled cruise, and had to pay difference.

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Yea the sail by date of april 30, 2023 is going to stop you from booking further out and getting the $600. 

The deposit you paid of 398 sounds like a reduced deposit so you would have to maybe pay the difference if a full deposit is required on new booking. Happened to me. My deposit transferred but had a 99 pp deposit on cancelled cruise, and had to pay difference.

I may just call and see what can be done.  

11 hours ago, Anyislandwilldo said:

Yes, you would lose the OBC for sure 

On 1/7/2021 at 8:52 AM, Anyislandwilldo said:

What ship were you sailing? We are booked on the 10 day 5/17 out of San Francisco but we haven’t gotten any cancellation notices. We booked last September I think. 

23 hours ago, CandR314 said:

What ship were you sailing? We are booked on the 10 day 5/17 out of San Francisco but we haven’t gotten any cancellation notices. We booked last September I think. 

We were suppose to be on the Legend out of San Francisco.  Call Carnival.  They know the cruise is canceled.  Get your refund and $600 OBC.

We're thinking of booking a July cruise in hopes that it might just happen, but also know there's a good chance it won't.  We have a FCC and the $600 obc each for 2 cabins.  It will end up being so confusing financially if the new cruise is cancelled.  New cruise is twice the price, a higher deposit, and we wanted to take advantage of the cheers promo.  First cruise was paid for mostly with Carnival gift cards, hence the FCC, as we couldn't get a cash refund.  2nd cruise would be using the FCC and remaining on C.C.  Ugh, gives me a headache just thinking about how that refund would work??? I wouldn't want another FCC as too much $$ tied up, but the $3000 in gift cards makes it complicated. 😨

On 1/7/2021 at 8:30 AM, Anyislandwilldo said:

Simple answer.  Yes, you'll lose the $600. Your cruise needs to sail by 4/30/23 for the $600 OBC to be valid assuming Carnival doesn't extend the deadline.