April 25, 2021 Equinox - gone from Celebrity site

phoenix_dream

I know the odds of this cruise sailing are slim to none, especially since it is a 9 night.  But not sure why it is gone from the website.  Other, longer, cruises in late April are still showing.

Has anyone received cancellation notice for this sailing?  Perhaps it is sold out?  (it is an ABC cruise and I know those are very popular)

I am considering lifting and shifting, but hesitating because I am wondering if perhaps it will sail, but shortened?  Considering where it sails I am not sure they could shorten it to 7 nights without completely restructuring the ports, as it takes 2 days to get to/from the ABC's.  I also have little faith that any ships other than perhaps Apex and Edge will be sailing by then, regardless of length.

Anyone have any info?

I just applied for a lift and shift of a March 21, 2021 Edge cruise....hopefully my cabin stays as nice..

looking at the 9 day on Equinox for sept oct of ‘22

had one cancelled last fall...

good luck whatever you choose..

45 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

No information but it seems to be inevitable at this point that extension will be pushed to at least the end of March.   I think getting Edge/Apex sailing in April would be an aggressive plan at this point.

Aggressive?  Edge and Apex need ICU hospital bed usage in Florida to drop under 60% AND they need a place to cruise.  Do you see COVID under sufficient control by April?

In Arizona where vaccinations are going smoothly we will hopefully finish first responders and care facilities in Jaunary.  Essential workers like postal, grocery, schools etc and those over 75 late March (a huge group).  Others starting about April 1st.

24 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Aggressive?  Edge and Apex need ICU hospital bed usage in Florida to drop under 60% AND they need a place to cruise.  Do you see COVID under sufficient control by April?

In Arizona where vaccinations are going smoothly we will hopefully finish first responders and care facilities in Jaunary.  Essential workers like postal, grocery, schools etc and those over 75 late March (a huge group).  Others starting about April 1st.

Maybe the right word would be hopeful.   My point was I wouldn't want to bet that Edge/Apex were routinely sailing in April and more ships would be doubtful.   My advise to the OP would be to L&S.    As I said in prior posts in different threads, that was my strategy to L&S everything in Caribbean this year.   If something sailed that I was comfortable doing do a last minute booking probably at an elevated price.  But retaining the pricing on the L&S cruises was important to me.   Doesn't look like sailing for us will be in the cards this season as I am in the last vaccine priority in NC after high school and college students.