Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Also, on a related note, when is the last day a drink package is offered onboard, for a 6 night cruise?  Since Cococay and a sea day are at the end of our cruise, we are also open to picking up the drink package late in the game.

 

Varies.  Typically inconsistent.  I ask on boarding day and sometimes the answer is day 2, sometimes day 3 but for a 6 night I would expect day 2 to be the last day.  On longer TA cruises it's been offered mid-cruise but only if package sales are slow.  

 

They know people who wait and sign up later of they allowed it longer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, twangster said:

 

Varies.  Typically inconsistent.  I ask on boarding day and sometimes the answer is day 2, sometimes day 3 but for a 6 night I would expect day 2 to be the last day.  On longer TA cruises it's been offered mid-cruise but only if package sales are slow.  

 

They know people who wait and sign up later of they allowed it longer.  

Thx!  This is our first 6 day, so it's a new experience 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thx!  This is our first 6 day, so it's a new experience 🙂

But there is also the possibility that the on board price will be substantially more than buying it beforehand at a discount, especially if your cruise is next year since there is usually a discount around Black Friday.  The 6 day cost at a discount beforehand could be cheaper than buying it on day 2 on board.  Because of Royal's unique "dynamic pricing", you never know how much of a percentage discount there will be on your particular sailing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Also, on a related note, when is the last day a drink package is offered onboard, for a 6 night cruise?  Since Cococay and a sea day are at the end of our cruise, we are also open to picking up the drink package late in the game.

I think there have to be at least four days remaining in the cruise. But that might be outdated info now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...