The Oasis of the sea sailing September 12,2021

30 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

Hoping this cruise will happen! Anyone out there thinking of cruising then?

I will not be cruising until I see all the restrictions like face mask, cruise line only excursions, distancing on ships removed. I also want to see schedules and itineraries I can count with near 100 percent certainty.

Right now it is too early to know what September 2021 will look like. What cruise lines have for sell and what will actually take place are two different things.

Maybe when the corona virus task force and CDC get back behind the wheel in late January we may get a better picture. However, I suspect it will be a picture the cruise lines are not going to be to happy about.  

I’m on the 9/19 sailing as an L&S from October 2020. Given the itinerary, I don’t care about ship excursions only. We have a CLS and I could just stay on deck 17 for a week at this point. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

On 1/9/2021 at 12:40 PM, Marygracie C. said:

Yes, we are booked September 12-19, 2021 but on the Allure of the Seas from PC, not Oasis. Check out your roll call for the Meet & Mingle to see who is booked with you on the Oasis.

Your roll call is here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2747533-oasis-of-the-seas-~-september-12-2021/

Your roll call director is "emmy", friends of ours, so tell her I sent ya there!! She is also booked in a CLS!!! Hi Emmy!! Wish you were on Allure with us!! SilkySal

Edited by SilkySal
add

We have a cruise on Oasis booked for this Aug 22.  I just transferred our booking to a TA from a large consortium group.  He told us not to bet on this cruise happening.  Based on the info they have received from RCI. And they are the largest single producing group for Royal.  I had no reason to disregard what i was told.  However, since money wise we have nothing to loose. Otherwise i would of canceled.  Basically, they are pausing into may already. They are having staffing issues, other countries such as underdeveloped nations may not see vaccines until late 2022/23.  And who know when we will get vaccinated here. Its a mess.  And it takes 4-6 weeks to take a ship out of warm/cold layups.  He strongly feels it wont be until 2022 for a restart, into 2023 for a full return.  

I asked fir his off the record opinion, and he was very frank. And he has been at this for 35 years.

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2021 at 12:40 PM, Marygracie C. said:

Are you aware of the roll call section of this forum? I know there are people sailing this week, the week before and the week after.  Let me/us know if you need help finding that section. I was looking at the 5th and 19th and a former cruise mate is already on the the 12th.  I"m planning ahead if my next cruise. May 1st gets canceled.

On 1/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, HaveWeMetYet said:

I will not be cruising until I see all the restrictions like face mask, cruise line only excursions, distancing on ships removed. I also want to see schedules and itineraries I can count with near 100 percent certainty.

Right now it is too early to know what September 2021 will look like. What cruise lines have for sell and what will actually take place are two different things.

Maybe when the corona virus task force and CDC get back behind the wheel in late January we may get a better picture. However, I suspect it will be a picture the cruise lines are not going to be to happy about.  

In my opinion, as far a cruising goes, things will be worse if the 2nd dose is delayed. This is against tested protocols and only gives 52% resistance to the virus. 

M8

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

In my opinion, as far a cruising goes, things will be worse if the 2nd dose is delayed. This is against tested protocols and only gives 52% resistance to the virus. 

M8

Ridiculous to delay 2nd dose. Like to see the people who came up with this idea refused their 2nd shot because vaccine supply is low. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LorraineP said:

Ridiculous to delay 2nd dose. Like to see the people who came up with this idea refused their 2nd shot because vaccine supply is low. 

They already got their 2nd dose. 

I keep reading on most all media sites, 100 days 100 Million vaccinated. Similar to pledge to require masks for 100 days. Only way to meet that vaccine rate is hold the second dose. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1