Drink Package question

hmorrow

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

Hi All,

Does the drink package ever go on sale?   And- can you purchase it at any point in the cruise?

Helaine

Never seen it go on sale   onboard

Yes you can purchase it  later in the cruise

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Have you ever seen it on sale, online, ahead of time?

14 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Have you ever seen it on sale, online, ahead of time?

no I haven't

I think there is  some deal in the Blue book   maybe someone will remember what it was

It might be if you prebook you get a discount  for La Reserve (O class ships only)  that I am thinking of

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

no I haven't

I think there is  some deal in the Blue book   maybe someone will remember what it was

It might be if you prebook you get a discount  for La Reserve (O class ships only)  that I am thinking of

what's the blue book?....We're new to Oceania

1 hour ago, hmorrow said:

what's the blue book?....We're new to Oceania

Oceania sends out a brochure about 60 or so days prior to sailing with all the cruise information. It comes in a blue  binder, therefore “ the blue book”.

I have never seen a sale on any beverage package. 

If one has a beverage package they do get a discount on LaReserve dinners. The discount is applied as a credit on your final bill and not given up front when booking.

At $60 PP pd  (tax/gratuity included)  it seems like a good deal if you drink more than 4-5 drinks  a day

There is  no cap on the price of the drink allowed  like some other lines

Have a look at the bar menus from the past   then decide if  a package would work for you

https://www.thepreismans.com/marina19_menus.htm#Bar

Most drinks are included  with the exception of some top cognacs & top scotch brands

Any wine by the glass is included

If you buy single drink  not in the package  there is an 18% gratuity added

Do the math & see what works best for you

Not that this would matter to someone new to Oceania, nor is it a sale, but those that are Silver or higher get a 10% discount on drink packages. I think there are some restrictions, like maybe having to be paid in advance. I've never done that as I always take a bottle or two and wait till well into the cruise to take out the package. With the repeaters parties, Captain's night and a dinner invite or two, as well as going to the 2-1 Happy Hour, (the early one, we're in bed by the later one) we generally get enough to drink. 

Having said all that I do really enjoy when we have the Prestige Package. 

14 minutes ago, ORV said:

Not that this would matter to someone new to Oceania, nor is it a sale, but those that are Silver or higher get a 10% discount on drink packages. I think there are some restrictions, like maybe having to be paid in advance.

Thanks ORV

I think that was the discount I was thinking of

We do not drink much so we never take the packages

DH has a small  bottle of cognac  in the cabin for  a night cap on some cruises  😉

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

At $60 PP pd  (tax/gratuity included)  it seems like a good deal if you drink more than 4-5 drinks  a day

Have a look at the bar menus from the past   then decide if  a package would work for you

Most drinks are included  with the exception of some top cognacs & top scotch brands

The list in this link has a Champagne that is $16.5 a glass.  It is included with the package? And there are not any more expensive wines by the glass that are not included?

31 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

The list in this link has a Champagne that is $16.5 a glass.  It is included with the package? And there are not any more expensive wines by the glass that are not included?

Yes, if it's on the regular bar menu then it's included. Same with the Macallan or the Patron that is $16.50. The crazy thing is that there might be items that are not on the bar menu, that are cheaper, that are not included. 

There used to be a Champagne or Sparkling wine on the list that was better than that, but I don't remember the name. 

Keep in mind that the list can, and will, more than likely change once they start cruising again. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2021 at 10:49 AM, pinotlover said:

Oceania sends out a brochure about 60 or so days prior to sailing with all the cruise information. It comes in a blue  binder, therefore “ the blue book”.

I have never seen a sale on any beverage package. 

If one has a beverage package they do get a discount on LaReserve dinners. The discount is applied as a credit on your final bill and not given up front when booking.

thanks for the explanation

On 1/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, LHT28 said:

thanks for the menu, with the bar prices.  I'm sure we will get the package, but was just curious if they ever put it on sale, like some other lines.  But, I guess not.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2021 at 11:30 AM, LHT28 said:

Thanks for posting, we’re new to Oceania and the various menus were invaluable!