Exclusive Low Rates on 2021 Flights...Until You Attempt to Book!

-Lew-

When checking fares for fall 2021 on the Celebrity website for cruises I've booked, without signing into my account, I'm seeing some very good fares.  However, upon signing in and going through the process, the itineraries exist, but at much higher fares.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hm. Interesting.  So now we have to check the airline site directly for their schedule and rates, then C's general access to see that rate, then a third try once logged in.  Do we then call (a 4th try) to get the best out of 4?  Jeepers 

It's best. and quicker. to call Celebrity Air. The rates listed on line are not updated often and since air fares change almost hourly, it would be impossible to show up to the minute fares. I usually look at the airline(s) for a schedule I like, then call Celebrity Air and ask about those prices. They can also give you alternative air with other lines at  approximately the same schedules. 

• Like 1

We are having the exact problem, our TA is on the phone direct with X and looking at the rates online at that very moment and they will not honor. She will be on a call tomorrow with the higher ups at X for an explanation. How the heck can we even plan a trip with bogus quotes?

Ours, 

SFO>BCN then FLL>SFO  for $2119.00 per person for First Class

1 hour ago, martinitime1 said:

We are having the exact problem, our TA is on the phone direct with X and looking at the rates online at that very moment and they will not honor. She will be on a call tomorrow with the higher ups at X for an explanation. How the heck can we even plan a trip with bogus quotes?

Ours, 

SFO>BCN then FLL>SFO  for $2119.00 per person for First Class

$2119 total pp for all of these flights in first class?

33 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

$2119 total pp for all of these flights in first class?

Yes, First on all legs.. We flew United for a Princess land sea in Italy/Med...  SFO>Venice then BCN>SFO in business for $2500 RT per person, so don't think its out of the question. Those new Polaris lounges were nice.

Edited by martinitime1

1 minute ago, martinitime1 said:

Yes, First on all legs.. We flew For a Princess land sea in Italy/Med...  SFO>Venice then BCN>SFO in business for $2500 RT per person, so don't think its out of the question. Those new Polaris lounges were nice.

Heck I'd jump on those, are good prices IMO

We are trying, but X won't honor their own website pricing.

Just clarify.  This is not the price that is quoted if you log into your reservation, correct?

Is it the price that shows if you check a cruise before booking?

I have seen this discrepancy several times in the past.  I was told the  pre booking quote is often out of date, because those prices are not updated in a timely manner.

Also the quote you receive prior to booking is for one person only.

I am not defending the practice, because I agree that it is BS.  I am just sharing my experience.

I ran into this situation today and called Flights by Celebrity.  Their explanation was there is a promotion for cruises booked between December 16, 2020 and January 31, 2021 where there are discounted fares-$200 on the one I was looking at.  However, if your booking was prior to December 16, 2020, your fare quoted under your Reservation number is higher than a dummy booking quote.

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Just clarify.  This is not the price that is quoted if you log into your reservation, correct?

Is it the price that shows if you check a cruise before booking?

Correct!  It's the fare quoted when not logged in.  I was booked, but it's the same fare that would be quoted if I were not.

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I have seen this discrepancy several times in the past.  I was told the  pre booking quote is often out of date, because those prices are not updated in a timely manner.

Also the quote you receive prior to booking is for one person only.

Sorry, but I don't believe that to be true.  There's obviously an issue...quoted fares whether logged in or not should be the same.  They should be using the same airfare database.

The quote being for one person isn't the problem.

If you go to the Canadian Site it lists the promo but won’t even allow you to get flight quotes. Last time I tried I had to go to the US site and get the cruise and flights priced in US $.  Didn’t even bother to see if anything was off.  

1 hour ago, -Lew- said:

Correct!  It's the fare quoted when not logged in.  I was booked, but it's the same fare that would be quoted if I were not.

Sorry, but I don't believe that to be true.  There's obviously an issue...quoted fares whether logged in or not should be the same.  They should be using the same airfare database.

The quote being for one person isn't the problem.

The fare should be the same, but they are not.  I have seen it numerous times.  Obviously the two quotes are not coming from the same data base.  (Since they are different prices) When I had the exact issue several years ago, I was told the data base used for the non book cruise was not updated as frequently as the one used for actually making a Celebrity Air reservation.  It must be something unique about Celebrity, because I have never seen the same discrepancy when using Princess’s Air.  I think it is B.S., but it is not uncommon.

I still believe your $2100 multi city First/Business class ticket, SFO to BCN and FLL to SFO must have been an error, because of the low price.  Just a one way from SFO to BCN was probably higher than $2100.

Are you seeing the same discrepancy on your new Reflection TA?

I suppose this was for the Edge TA that was cancelled, so it does not matter.  

I currently see the same kind of difference on the October 21, 2021 Edge TA.

If you look at the ORD to BCN non stop on Oct 18, you will see the same kind of discrepancy for Premium Economy.  ($727 if not booked and $9XX if booked)

Edited by jagoffee

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

The fare should be the same, but they are not.  I have seen it numerous times.  Obviously the two quotes are not coming from the same data base.  (Since they are different prices) When I had the exact issue several years ago, I was told the data base used for the non book cruise was not updated as frequently as the one used for actually making a Celebrity Air reservation.  It must be something unique about Celebrity, because I have never seen the same discrepancy when using Princess’s Air.  I think it is B.S., but it is not uncommon.

I still believe your $2100 multi city First/Business class ticket, SFO to BCN and FLL to SFO must have been an error, because of the low price.  Just a one way from SFO to BCN was probably higher than $2100.

Are you seeing the same discrepancy on your new Reflection TA?

I suppose this was for the Edge TA that was cancelled, so it does not matter.  

I currently see the same kind of difference on the October 21, 2021 Edge TA.

If you look at the ORD to BCN non stop on Oct 18, you will see the same kind of discrepancy for Premium Economy.  ($727 if not booked and $9XX if booked)

There were multiple agenda's for our SFO>BCN, FLL>SFO that were within the $2119.00 we were wanting, a few hundred give or take on them, but many at that price point. We have never had these issues with Princess EZ air.  And we did not think it was out of line as we had SFO>Venice then BCN>SFO with United in business class for all legs for $2500.00 PP with Princess.

There were multiple agenda's for our SFO>BCN, FLL>SFO that were within the $2119.00 we were wanting, a few hundred give or take on them, but many at that price point. We have never had these issues with Princess EZ air.  And we did not think it was out of line as we had SFO>Venice then BCN>SFO with United in business class for all legs for $2500.00 PP with Princess.

Did you noticed the economy flights for the same itinerary for around $220? Seems like a screaming deal.

It does appear that can book the Business class for around $2300 on line.  A pretty good deal.  This is for the October 21, 2021 Apex TA, correct?

We have never had these issues with Princess EZ air.

I agree.  We've done around 50 Princess cruises, using eZAir for many of them, and have never experienced an issue such as this.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

Did you noticed the economy flights for the same itinerary for around $220? Seems like a screaming deal.

It does appear that can book the Business class for around $2300 on line.  A pretty good deal.  This is for the October 21, 2021 Apex TA, correct?

Yup, that cruise..

Where and how? I will take business as well.

Edited by martinitime1

20 minutes ago, martinitime1 said:

Yup, that cruise..

Where and how? I will take business as well.

It is really the same thing in most cases.  It is “First” domestically and usually “Business” over the water.

Sign into your Celebrity account.  
Click on the cruise.

go to Manage cruise.

enter your travel dates, cities.

Enter who you wish to add to the Air.

select your Air

Book It.

it is around $2300 for the SFO-BCN and FLL-SFO Business Class.  I did not actually book it, I just checked it.  I am flying from ORD and I cannot get your kind of deal.  

You can bring this discussion over our Roll Call if you wish.  

As we are discussing Celebrity Air has some kind of glitch with quoting (when not actually booked) that all of us have never seen with Princess Air.

21 hours ago, jagoffee said:

It is really the same thing in most cases.  It is “First” domestically and usually “Business” over the water.

Sign into your Celebrity account.  
Click on the cruise.

go to Manage cruise.

enter your travel dates, cities.

Enter who you wish to add to the Air.

select your Air

Book It.

it is around $2300 for the SFO-BCN and FLL-SFO Business Class.  I did not actually book it, I just checked it.  I am flying from ORD and I cannot get your kind of deal.  

You can bring this discussion over our Roll Call if you wish.  

As we are discussing Celebrity Air has some kind of glitch with quoting (when not actually booked) that all of us have never seen with Princess Air.

One of the issues I am having is I cannot view let alone book, any flights once signed into my account. Only says to call the # and talk to a person.

22 hours ago, martinitime1 said:

One of the issues I am having is I cannot view let alone book, any flights once signed into my account. Only says to call the # and talk to a person.

Strange.  Sign in to Celebrity, Click on your name, select upcoming cruises, and then select manage your reservation (not plan).  When I do this, my reservations shows up with the Celebrity Air template.  

I am not sure why it would indicate to call a person.  I am booked with a Travel Agent.  

What  kind of a device are you using to see your reservation?

On 1/11/2021 at 2:22 PM, -Lew- said:

When checking fares for fall 2021 on the Celebrity website for cruises I've booked, without signing into my account, I'm seeing some very good fares.  However, upon signing in and going through the process, the itineraries exist, but at much higher fares.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Yes, I had the same problem.    It looks to me like the lower fares only apply to newly booked cruises that are booked during their airfare sale.   It appears if you go online or call Flights by Celebrity to book flights for a cruise that you had previously booked the fares are much higher.       

It appears to me that Celebrity having a "sale" by subsidizing flights on newly booked cruises.   This way they can have a sale without lowering cruise fares and having us rebook our cruises to capture the price drop.

I just had an experience with Flights by Celebrity that proves my point!

I found outbound and return flights that fit my schedule on the Celebrity website, without logging in, for my fall TA which was booked on January 12th. They were not able to be booked on the same itinerary so it was necessary to call Flights by Celebrity.  The total online fare was quoted at $914.00 each.

Flights by Celebrity was able to book everything for me, but for a fare of $1,248.90 each!!  When I questioned the representative I was given the line that prices can change.  I am aware of that, but when I went back to recheck those same flights, the total fare was still $914.00 each!!

I'd love to hear a workaround for this issue.  I'm open to all suggestions...