Splendor or Navigator?

On 1/12/2021 at 4:31 PM, Bellaggio Cruisers said:

First Regent cruise in the Caribbean should be Splendor.... hands down.

We love the B penthouse, with its larger balcony. It has an L-shaped sofa, a table and chairs for outside dining. 
Any questions, just ask..

sheila

In viewing tours of the cabins I believe that they did away with the L-shaped sofa in the Splendor Penthouse cabins.  I was very disappointed to see that it has been replaced with two loungers instead.  However, they have reconfigured the closet to double the drawer space and make it a walk-through to the bathroom.  We’ll be in a Splendor PH for 21 nights in April 2022, and are really looking forward to it.

10 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

In viewing tours of the cabins I believe that they did away with the L-shaped sofa in the Splendor Penthouse cabins.  I was very disappointed to see that it has been replaced with two loungers instead.  However, they have reconfigured the closet to double the drawer space and make it a walk-through to the bathroom.  We’ll be in a Splendor PH for 21 nights in April 2022, and are really looking forward to it.

We have had the larger balcony PH-B, on Explorer several times. We were canceled for our Splendor, March 2020 Panama Canal cruise. So I did not get to see the suite or balcony. I know about the changes to the closet and bathroom. I wasn’t aware of the furniture change on the balcony. We will be disappointed. Next Splendor cruise scheduled for December 2021. 
thanks for the info..

sheila

Thank you everyone for the information and suggestions. Your help was invaluable. We really were torn between the Navigator and the Splendor, and I am sure we would have been thrilled with either, but we opted for the Splendor. We have booked a PH-B, Dec 3 2022.  We really are excited, even if it's more than a year away. I have learned from experience time flies really really quickly and in no time I will be wondering how I'm going to get all the pre-travel checklist things done because I will inevitably have not given myself nearly enough time to do it. 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since you're new to Regent, be aware that excursions fill up VERY fast, so book them as soon as they become available. People have been know to stay up and book at midnight in order to get their choice of excursions. Because they are included, people book them far in advance of other cruise lines such as Celebrity. 

Congratulations on "upgrading" your cruise. We still book on Celebrity occasionally, but we have fallen in love with Regent's service and the its all-inclusive nature.