Sailings now cancelled through April 30

We have two cruises booked in May out of CL.  I've ben saying for months they won't happen.  First is a 4 night to Halifax and the second is a 5 night to Bermuda.  Neither will happen, especially out of the NE and to those locations.  We have a Jul X cruise also out of CL, which I'm not holding my breath on. The only cruise this year that I think will happen is our HOS in Dec.  I do think once the vaccine is available to the general public (all of us under 65 with no health issues) we'll see more open up.  What surprises me is the people that are surprised by this new announcement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

nope.. the email I got only gave you until April 2022 to sail.. that is why I opted for the full refund.

Yes it is.  Apparently some e mail sent out without but I am looking at the global policy so I can tell you it is.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/Suspension_CWC_Reference_Grid.pdf

C96AEF2D-CE5C-418F-BBAD-20918E687AA6.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes it is.  Apparently some e mail sent out without but I am looking at the global policy so I can tell you it is.

you have to remember the majesty was canceled for different reasons.. not cause of covid.. the email clearly states have to use it by April 30, 2022, I am not lying , RCCl was shady with this whole FCC thing .. didn't seem fair that my Feb 2022 cruise was canceled by them, and only had until Apr 2022 to use the FCC and sail. That is why I am not booking anything until I know cruising will officially resume.. which may be years from now.

10 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

you have to remember the majesty was canceled for different reasons.. not cause of covid.. the email clearly states have to use it by April 30, 2022, I am not lying , RCCl was shady with this whole FCC thing .. didn't seem fair that my Feb 2022 cruise was canceled by them, and only had until Apr 2022 to use the FCC and sail. That is why I am not booking anything until I know cruising will officially resume.. which may be years from now.

Those have now been extended.  They were all extended today.

you never mentioned the Majesty so I obviously assumed that your cruise was one cancelled today not earlier.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

hmm.. that was the 1st thing I said that it was majesty.. 

No, the first thing you did was contradict my post and I replied to you based on that.  You did not bring up the Majesty until later.

3B9C3249-8C6D-4E4D-AB3A-5CF63BEA9CC0.jpeg

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Haha 1

With a May 1st cruise, if it happens there will probably be a lot of press at the dock on departure day, it would be one of the first out of the USA.  But I'm already looking at next cruise to lift and shift to.  Probably Sept unless we get other news before then.

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

My Jan. 2022 cruise is looking more & more doubtful. Maybe the test cruises happen in June and the re-start begins by August?

I'm giving our January 22' cruises a 50% chance of sailing.  And if they do, 50% chance we'll choose to go due to ship restrictions, port restrictions, masks.....     So we're at an estimate of 25%.

6 minutes ago, BillOh said:

With a May 1st cruise, if it happens there will probably be a lot of press at the dock on departure day, it would be one of the first out of the USA.  But I'm already looking at next cruise to lift and shift to.  Probably Sept unless we get other news before then.

We have one May 3rd which is 6 nights.  I highly doubt a 6 night cruise will go in May, if anything maybe 3/4 nights.  That said I don't think I want to be one of the first on board even if it does go

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lr657 said:

Looks like we now have another cruise cancelled. Final payment was due next week for our April 18th cruise, and even though we expected it to be cancelled we figured they wouldn't cancel until after final payment. 

I did the L&S this past Sunday to avoid final payment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They seem to have little problem raising a billion $ whenever they need it. 

Tony on La Lido Loca said in Carnival's earnings call Friday, the CFO said Carnival had a little over 2 Billion in cash and could go without cruises until 2022.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

Darn I had already L & S my March Celebrity cruise. I could have gotten a refund instead and only had to deal with American Airlines for the vouchers.

Too bad...although it's so hard not to make changes when you have the option.

But on the other hand your price was protected right?

Edited by Ashland

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No, the first thing you did was contradict my post and I replied to you based on that.  You did not bring up the Majesty until later.

3B9C3249-8C6D-4E4D-AB3A-5CF63BEA9CC0.jpeg

wow.. you are still on this.. can't be proven wrong huh.. go back and check post #40, then check post #47.. my 1st post about it mentioned majesty..