Jump to content

What will Celebrity do with the Edge in 2021


Recommended Posts

Now that the Edge sailings in Europe have been cancelled, what do you think they will do with the Edge until November?  Do you think they will add some trips somewhere or just let her float around Coco Cay.

Link to post
Share on other sites

During a TA webinar tonight, the VP said they will have other plans  for the Edge but she also suggested that the Constellation may be headed to a drydock as soon as possible.

Edited by ipeeinthepool
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

During a TA webinar tonight, the VP said they will have other plans  for the Edge but she also suggested that the Constellation may be headed to a drydock as soon as possible.

 

Wonder if that is to prep the Constellation to leave the fleet or if it is a standard drydock? We have a cruise booked on her in 2022 at a really good price and were hoping to sail to see if we like a non E class ship. Honestly not upgraded would be nice to see the old Celebrity theming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

 

Wonder if that is to prep the Constellation to leave the fleet or if it is a standard drydock? We have a cruise booked on her in 2022 at a really good price and were hoping to sail to see if we like a non E class ship. Honestly not upgraded would be nice to see the old Celebrity theming.

 

The discussion from the VP was indicated that they wanted to complete the Revolution on the Constellation but schedules were were disrupted when the shipyards closed to do COVID.  She seems to indicate that the shipyards were still trying to complete their work in the same order that it was originally scheduled.  She seemed to indicate that they would send the Constellation to drydock as soon as the shipyard could accommodate her. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

With International travel being more difficult during Covid I wonder in Edge might start doing some East Coast sailings?  A quick stop in Nassau or Bermuda (perhaps without the ability to leave the ship) would keen an East Coast route within the rules.

 

Personally I’d love them to base a ship in Halifax for an all Canadian East Coast route.... but of course that won’t happen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

The discussion from the VP was indicated that they wanted to complete the Revolution on the Constellation but schedules were were disrupted when the shipyards closed to do COVID.  She seems to indicate that the shipyards were still trying to complete their work in the same order that it was originally scheduled.  She seemed to indicate that they would send the Constellation to drydock as soon as the shipyard could accommodate her. 

 

That is interesting that they would complete the Revolution, gives me more hope that our sailing will be intact and they are keeping her in the fleet. Just hoping that we get to do both cruises we have booked, later 2021 on the Apex and 2022 on the Constellation. Thanks for the info.

Edited by cgolf1
Link to post
Share on other sites

West Coast Mexico cruises!  

 

Princess and NCL filled up ships in 2019 and early 2020.  Would love to see some RCL / Celebrity on the West Coast.

 

It will be interesting to see where and when the Edge resumes sailing.

 

Cheers!

 

🍺

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they cancelled the Caribbean winter 21/22 10+ day sailings on Edge in lieu of 7 day Caribbean sailings, I imagine they hope they can use Edge more profitably on shorter Caribbean cruises rather than longer European routes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

The discussion from the VP was indicated that they wanted to complete the Revolution on the Constellation but schedules were were disrupted when the shipyards closed to do COVID.  She seems to indicate that the shipyards were still trying to complete their work in the same order that it was originally scheduled.  She seemed to indicate that they would send the Constellation to drydock as soon as the shipyard could accommodate her. 

No hint of where Edge is going?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Bingo.  Perhaps, Asia.

 

I doubt they'll move the Edge to Asia, only to bring her back for November Caribbean cruises.  If the Edge sails, it will be short cruises from the US.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

I doubt they'll move the Edge to Asia, only to bring her back for November Caribbean cruises.  If the Edge sails, it will be short cruises from the US.

Makes sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Floating C-19 hospital...

 

In health and bon voyage

 

Excellent idea.  Perhaps they can use the ship within a ship concept.  They can isolate all of the Covid positive passengers in the Retreat and suite area and not infect the rest of the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Excellent idea.  Perhaps they can use the ship within a ship concept.  They can isolate all of the Covid positive passengers in the Retreat and suite area and not infect the rest of the ship.

... and get ultra-premium pricing for this as well.  LOL

 

In health and bon voyage

Link to post
Share on other sites

Edge is a great destination on its own..So much to enjoy if ports are limited.  Great art areas, beautiful bontanicals, nice clubs and amazing theater. Lovely spa, Solarium and gym...Lots of dining.  Shopping too but very pricey!

 

Could it work out in Bayonne?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...