Help with FCC

denatravels

Please help!! I cancelled my August 2020 sailing before they did and got a $350 credit, which I applied to my August 2021 cruises, along with the $450 nonrefundable deposit. 
I will wait until closer to final payment but if I then cancel, there appears to be some discrepancies about whether I will receive a combined FCC on the website. Please help!

401A9FC3-A6AC-4ADB-9465-7ABD67DEDEAD.png

9 minutes ago, sydbarrett said:

It is my understanding that you will receive 100% FCC for the amount you paid with FCC, and then 125% for any amount in excess that you paid cash, if you wait for them to cancel. If you cancel before they do, it will just be 100% FCC.

Not totally what I’m asking— I maybe didn’t explain it well. 
I want to apply them to one cruise in 2022– I can only do that if they are combined. 

3 minutes ago, denatravels said:

Not totally what I’m asking— I maybe didn’t explain it well. 
I want to apply them to one cruise in 2022– I can only do that if they are combined. 

Oh sorry! I'm not quite sure but if you call they may be able to combine them. I know they will allow a one-time transfer from one person's name to another, so it would make sense it they would let you combine two FCC's. Good luck!

11 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

What discrepancy are you referring to.  The FAQ quoted seems to explain it clearly.  You will get 1 FCC.

There is something else in the faq that says otherwise. And my contact at celebrity said otherwise. 

Edited by denatravels

Can you quote the "says otherwise"?

Only thing I can think of is there is probably a difference if you cancel the new cruise with CwC or if Celebrity cancels due to a suspension.  

I believe what you described is you cancelled your first cruise with CwC (100% FCC) and you cancelling the new cruise with CwC before 48 hrs prior to sailing.  That is specifically what your quoted FAQ described.

Now if you wait and Celebrity cancels and you take the 125% FCC I believe you will get 2 FCC's.  The original 100% and a new one for the 125% of the funds you added to the second cruise.

Edited by wrk2cruise

Then use their FAQ to have them honor their policy.  Escalate to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com if necessary.

1) Reissue 1 FCC

2) Take your 2 FCC's on another booking

You haven't provided any documentation which would describe a contradictory policy.

Edited by wrk2cruise

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Then use their FAQ to have them honor their policy.  Escalate to CelebrityOneTouch@celebrity.com if necessary.

1) Reissue 1 FCC

2) Take your 2 FCC's on another booking

You haven't provided any documentation which would describe a contradictory policy.

I’ll be getting my travel agent to do just that if Celebrity say no. They are the ones that re-activated a used FCC certificate rather than combine. I guess it’s easier for their software to do them separately, so they should take that into account when they are then redeemed.