World Cruise?

gkthorn

Does Carnival have a World Cruise?  I was unable to find it on their site.  My wife will be retiring at the end of 2022 and a World Cruise is a conversation we had and thought it would be a fabulous way to celebrate her retirement.

Glenn ♠️

6 hours ago, john91498 said:

Considering the CDC mandated no cruises over 7 days, I doubt there will be any world cruises on Carnival.

This mandate only applies to ships operating out of the US and therefore does not apply to the majority of World Cruises which typically do not depart from US ports.  RCL will be doing 14 day cruises from Barbados as it falls outside the CDC mandate as well.

13 hours ago, gkthorn said:

Humph, I wonder why?

As others have stated Carnival's business model is first time cruisers within the Mass Market segment. That isn't the customer base that does World Cruises. You just have to look at their reluctance in having a regular and sustained European cruise schedule. Given that the parent company owns so many different Cruise Brands they use those other brands to target different customer segments and provide more varied cruise destinations.

• Like 2

Europe is about as worldly as you will get with Carnival. As others have mentioned, World cruises are not their niche. I have been lucky enough to get to Australia twice, and Singapore on Repo cruises, but those are far and few between. And nowhere close to an actual world cruise.

I have friends doing a World Cruise on Princess in Jan/2022. If you are really looking for one, Princess and HA are a good place to start.

17 hours ago, gkthorn said:

Does Carnival have a World Cruise?  

Glenn ♠️

The closest thing would be to do a Med/TA. The next is in Oct 2021 on the Legend if theres no cancellations. Or the Pride in 2022.  I wish they went to the Antarctic The other cruise lines are extremely pricy.

2 minutes ago, sailingships said:

The closest thing would be to do a Med/TA. The next is in Oct 2021 on the Legend if theres no cancellations. Or the Pride in 2022.  I wish they went to the Antarctic The other cruise lines are extremely pricy.

Antarctica on Princess was very reasonable in price when we did that cruise.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

Antarctica on Princess was very reasonable in price when we did that cruise.

Princess only does drive by Antarctica cruises (and HAL, NCL, maybe another) and those will be ending when the Polar Code takes full effect (I think)

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Princess only does drive by Antarctica cruises (and HAL, NCL, maybe another) and those will be ending when the Polar Code takes full effect (I think)

They’re still offering them even after the polar code changes. If Carnival were to do Antarctica, as noted above, it would be drive by so the comparison to Princess is okay.

Edited by xDisconnections

13 hours ago, kdr69 said:

This mandate only applies to ships operating out of the US and therefore does not apply to the majority of World Cruises which typically do not depart from US ports.  RCL will be doing 14 day cruises from Barbados as it falls outside the CDC mandate as well.

Ah, good point...

2 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

They’re still offering them even after the polar code changes. If Carnival were to do Antarctica, as noted above, it would be drive by so the comparison to Princess is okay.

I think there is still some confusion about the timing of the polar code conditions. As we have seen over the past year, offering and actually sailing are not the same.

I doubt Carnival would consider an Antarctica route - Princess and HAL already offer, but if they did, it would be a drive by. Carnival has cruised to Greenland before, but I'm not sure they can in the future. The polar code applies to both poles.

I brought the drive by factor up, because the expensive cruises actually let passengers disembark, and are limited to vessels of 500 or fewer passengers, ice rated, etc.

7 hours ago, sailingships said:

Normally no more expensive per day than any other cruise, often less.

It is on my bucket list too, though if money were no issue I’d do something like Aus to West Coast, a few weeks on land, Panama Canal to Eat Coast, TA to England, a few weeks on land, England back to Aus, maybe some local cruises in each spot, Ie Alaska, Caribbean, Northern Europe, Maybe a European River cruise, you get the idea.

• Like 3

On 1/13/2021 at 10:34 PM, gkthorn said:

Does Carnival have a World Cruise?  I was unable to find it on their site.  My wife will be retiring at the end of 2022 and a World Cruise is a conversation we had and thought it would be a fabulous way to celebrate her retirement.

Glenn ♠️

Carnival doesn't, but Carnival-owned Costa does. I wouldn't imagine a lot of Americans look at Costa as they are an Italian line, but I would in a heartbeat. We sailed with them on my retirement cruise for a 24-night transatlantic, and were impressed. I found a great deal on an aft-wrap suite that included the beverage package, breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the specialty restaurant, and a whole host of other perks. Would absolutely do a World Cruise with them - but I'm already planning one with Oceania in 6 or 7 years. 

We love Holland America and while we have never taken a Grand World cruise, HAL ships, crew, food, destinations are remarkable and elegant and we have thoroughly enjoyed every one of our HAL cruises. We have sailed on the Zaandam (2022 World Cruise ship) and it's an older, more intimate ship. Holland America will be posting its 2023 127-day World Cruise on Jan. 18th.

128-Day Grand World Voyage Holland America

SHIP Zaandam
DEPARTS
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US
ARRIVES
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US
JAN 3, 2022

MAY 12, 2022
MORE DATES & FARES- 128-DAY GRAND WORLD VOYAGE
Inside From
$22,499*

• Like 1